Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Apply Enhance/Fix settings to several clips at once
ppearce43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2013 23:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
PD11

I have several clips in the Timeline. The White Balance needs correcting in all of them. Also need to apply Video Enhancement to the same degree to all of them.
Is there a way to do this at once, or do I have to write down the settings I used for the initial clip and repeat for every other clip?
I've looked in the User Guide, Tutorials, (which don't seem to work), and here on the forum, and I can't find any reference to Batch Editing, Multiple Clip Editing, etc.

Thanks.

Phil
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
One clip at a time.

You can try using the same setting for each clip, they may vary some.

Another method would be to produce that group of clips with no changes to a single video, Then you can start a new project, place the produced video on the timeline and apply the enhancement to the one clip.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote: PD11

I have several clips in the Timeline. The White Balance needs correcting in all of them. Also need to apply Video Enhancement to the same degree to all of them.
Is there a way to do this at once, or do I have to write down the settings I used for the initial clip and repeat for every other clip?
I've looked in the User Guide, Tutorials, (which don't seem to work), and here on the forum, and I can't find any reference to Batch Editing, Multiple Clip Editing, etc.

Thanks.

Phil

If I understand well.
Here I select a clip that I can better visualize the application of filters, after adjusting everything, click on the Apply button to all, very simple.

If you have a clip that will not apply, you can move to another video track and lock AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ppearce43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, Carl and playsound.

Unfortunately, since I am new to this, I don't understand your solutions.
Carl, you say one clip at a time, which means I cannot do what I'm trying to do. It would seem that if I wanted to apply a video enhancement, white balance, and other "enhancements" (using the Fix/Enhance button to bring up the options) that I wouldn't have to do that for each clip. Suppose I had 30 clips, all taken in the same room of a church or school. If I wanted to apply the same fix to all 30 (e.g., 55 degrees of Video Enhancement), then I must do that to each of the 30 clips, individually? That seems pretty awkward. But maybe there is not, in fact, a way to "batch process" multiple clips. Seems to me that would be a great feature if it is still lacking after 11 revisions.
In any event, thank you a lot for trying to help me. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

Phil
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you, Carl and playsound.

Unfortunately, since I am new to this, I don't understand your solutions.
In any event, thank you a lot for trying to help me. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

Phil

You can do so, use the button apply to all.
Must be selected clip that is already applied to the improvement.
By clicking the button, apply to all the magic is done.
Note that all clips were marked with the letter I

[Thumb - ApplytoAll.png]
 Filename
ApplytoAll.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
512 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 03. 2013 21:11

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
playsound's advice is correct.

I am wrong. Sorry for the mislead.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ppearce43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to both of you very, very much. I will try this tomorrow.
I've been busy trying to Video Enhance 43 separate clips. Gotta go to bed.

Thank you again!

Phil
ppearce43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
playsound,
Thanks ever so much. I did as you directed and everything worked fine.
Now I won't have to apply the White Balance to 33 individual clips tomorrow, you saved me a lot of time.
And thanks for trying to help me, Carl312.
Buenos Noches.

Phil