Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am running PD11 on the latest iMac to come out. 27 inch, i7 core, etc. This computer is stacked. Running Parallels with Windows 7 and PD works fine. Have had a few small issues with a few DVD menus not working, but overall it has been good.
Been looking around this forum and other places and think I just need to ask the question.

Long story short, I am burning VHS Home Movies to Blu Ray. The movies have all been uploaded to my computer and edited. Files are all .MP4 files. I am using Blu Ray disks mainly because of storage capacity reasons as these videos are very long and I wanted to put as many on one disk as possible. I have a 50GB disk ready to burn.

Questions:

1. Which video encoding format is my best route to use? I would rather use H.264 since it shrinks the gigabyte output which allows me to add more video to one disk, but I am not sure if most Blu Ray players will read that format or if I have to go the MPEG-2 route.

2. I am selecting HD1920 x 1080/60i since these will be seen on mostly larger flat screens for the foreseeable future.

3. I would like to use DTS audio with 5.1 channel but since these home videos were not shot that way I think that may not help the quality of the audio at all.

Simply put, am I overkilling the settings in hopes to get as good of video and audio quality as possible? Is it even possible knowing that these are older videos that were shot with VHS type of cameras years ago?

I need some education on how this works and then I should be set to go ahead and start burning these disks.

Appreciate any help!

John
I just bought the Sony HDR-PJ710V a few weeks ago. Have not tried using its footage on PD11 yet, but just playing around with it and watching some videos through HDMI on my TV the picture quality is really nice. Sound is really nice as well. I have had lots of trouble with camcorders in the past when it came to darker shots and this one does a lot better but still lacks. Honestly, the type of footage I want is going to come from a professional high grade crazy expensive camera so I have been able to calm down my expectations a bit. Its pricey (around $1200), but does the trick. Those cameras you listed are nice. Just my opinion, the model I got is not going to please your castle shots at night but there are some out there that will but it is going to cost you some money. Dog training wise, it would be more than enough for what you would want.
Does anyone know of a safe website where you can download intros for Blu Ray such as the really nice ones Disney does? I have looked around and am worried about getting a virus on some of the sites I have seen. I am wanting to add them to some of my home video blu ray productions to spice up the intros a bit.
Thanks for the information Carl.

There are several that are not showing up. Example: Under "General" Templates 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 work. The rest do not. Again, the sound and text work fine on the preview screen, but the video animation does not work. There are other templates that are working and some others that are not. Just making the point that it is all over the place.

PowerDirector 11 64Bit
SR # VDE130107-1

Have a couple of questions about the menus. I looked around and could not find the answers anywhere so I apologize in advance if I looked over it.

1. Does the menus show up in HD once burned on a Blu Ray disk and on an HDTV? Reason I ask is because while previewing on my computer they look a little choppy or distorted of sorts.

2. Some of the menus (Example: Template 5 under General; Baby themed one) when I click and apply to all pages comes up as a black screen but with the text on it in the preview window. When I go to preview it the music comes on but the video does not.

Is there a setting I do not have set correctly?

Appreciate the help!

John
Problem fixed. Took awhile but it was a the 3D acceleration function. Turned it off and it works fine now. Hopefully this helps anyone with the same issue down the road.
BTT

Hoping someone can help me with this issue. Have tried everything. Also asking Tech Support but not sure how long it will take them to address it.

Thanks,

John
I am using a new iMac and running Windows 7 using Parallels. Downloaded Powerdirector 11 Ultra, installed it as well as all updates, and every time I go into the easy editor and click on open files tab the whole thing crashes and I have to restart windows again. I have looked around for fixes and cannot find the topic. Could someone point me to a prior thread or offer some help? Appreciate any information.
Go to: