Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Apple Compatibility
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2011 16:42 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Been using PD 9 for many years and think it's a great program if I can remember to keep saving before it freezes up; the freezing issues is the only reason I've never upgraded... and yes, my computer is more than powerful enough for the software.

With that said, I was just curious if anyone knows or have every heard rumor of PD being compatible with Apple computers one day. After 30years of PC's I would love to get a new IMAC but the only thing stopping that purchase is because I love this program.

Thanks in advance.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
So far Cyberlink only has one software for the Mac.

PhotoDirector
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/photodirector-ultra/features_en_US.html

If this a indication of more Mac software, I do not Know.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Just my best guess, but I would think that for a program of this nature it would take a complete rewrite of the program and the ROI just would not make it worth while. Not to mention maintaining an additional version of the program. Of course, you never know what the people at the top will decide. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
And a whole new forum...with a new set of characters...maybe a STAR-rating system would be a good thing to try out there... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the feedback. I would love start upgrading my version but 9 has been great... except for crashing. From what I've read on the board freezing or crashing doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

As for getting a Mac it's a toss up.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the feedback. I would love start upgrading my version but 9 has been great... except for crashing. From what I've read on the board freezing or crashing doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

As for getting a Mac it's a toss up.

Freezing or crashing seems to be particular to the computer PD is running on.

I have very few problems using Powerdirector 11 Ultimate on my computer. I think most users of Powerdirector do not have problems. You do not see many people on the forum saying how great the program is. Only the users with problems post on the forum.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Huntley10784 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I agree 100% with you. I love the program and as I mentioned earlier because PD isn't MAC compatible I've stayed with my PC for that reason.

It is a great program, no ifs ands or butts!
JDR77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2013 10:31 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PD11 on the latest iMac to come out. 27 inch, i7 core, etc. This computer is stacked. Running Parallels with Windows 7 and PD works fine. Have had a few small issues with a few DVD menus not working, but overall it has been good.