Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD/Blu Ray Menu Questions
JDR77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2013 10:31 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Have a couple of questions about the menus. I looked around and could not find the answers anywhere so I apologize in advance if I looked over it.

1. Does the menus show up in HD once burned on a Blu Ray disk and on an HDTV? Reason I ask is because while previewing on my computer they look a little choppy or distorted of sorts.

2. Some of the menus (Example: Template 5 under General; Baby themed one) when I click and apply to all pages comes up as a black screen but with the text on it in the preview window. When I go to preview it the music comes on but the video does not.

Is there a setting I do not have set correctly?

Appreciate the help!

John
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Have a couple of questions about the menus. I looked around and could not find the answers anywhere so I apologize in advance if I looked over it.

1. Does the menus show up in HD once burned on a Blu Ray disk and on an HDTV? Reason I ask is because while previewing on my computer they look a little choppy or distorted of sorts.

2. Some of the menus (Example: Template 5 under General; Baby themed one) when I click and apply to all pages comes up as a black screen but with the text on it in the preview window. When I go to preview it the music comes on but the video does not.

Is there a setting I do not have set correctly?

Appreciate the help!

John

General > Template 5 works on my system.
If you are not seeing the menu in the preview, then you should try a different menu template.

If you have the menu showing in the preview, the menus look fine on a HDTV.

What you are seeing is a low resolution Preview in Powerdirector.
The final output is High Definition.

It is possible there is something in you computer that the causing problems with the Create Disk Module.

If you post Part A and Part B we can tell more about your computer and possible causes.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

JDR77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2013 10:31 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the information Carl.

There are several that are not showing up. Example: Under "General" Templates 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 work. The rest do not. Again, the sound and text work fine on the preview screen, but the video animation does not work. There are other templates that are working and some others that are not. Just making the point that it is all over the place.

PowerDirector 11 64Bit
SR # VDE130107-1

Filename
JDR77DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
 Filename
JDR7764DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
404 time(s)
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
According to your Dxdiag file you don't have enough free space on the C: dirve (my opinion) PD11 requires 100GB for cahs purposes Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the Dxdiag.txt file.

You are running a emulated Windows 7 on a iMac.
System Manufacturer: Parallels Software International Inc.
System Model: Parallels Virtual Platform

Besides an emulated Windows system (which may not have all that Powerdirector needs).
You have very limited space on the C drive. Powerdirector needs more space than you have.
Drive: C:
Free Space: 12.5 GB
Total Space: 65.2 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Windows 7 1-0 ATA Device

The Create Disk Module may not have enough resources to create the menus.

If you were on a real Windows 7 64 bit machine, it would recommend that you re-install Powerdirector to get all the parts of the program installed.

The recommended System specs for Powerdirector Ultra 64:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/specs_en_US.html

Your computer does not meet those specs.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.