Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I was advised in the past to not enable shadow file. I have never had an issue with bit rates. Try unchecking that feature and see what happens.
Nice Job Micheal!! I entered too, good luck.

Hi

I ran across this which may be of help to you. It looks like some the people replying have experience with what your trying to do.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/144659-33-bitrate-tapes
Rod I'm not sure what your using for a camera but are you seeing a big difference using these tools. Maybe you can live without using them. I have experienced the same as you and Michael with vastly increased render times when using them.
Sorry, my mistake he does have an I5
Carl it looks to me like he has a Xeon E3-1200 processor.
I have spoke to a friend who is an MVP member of the cyberlink forum (they have direct contact with the developers of this software) I'm sure this will be delt with. In the mean time we will have to live with this. That said, I still think this is the best video editing program from the standpoint of versatility and ease of use.
I had the same problem before. What I found to correct the problem was to uncheck "enable preview during production". This is located at the lower left of the window, when you have produce selected at the top of PD11.
I have been playing with time lapse and am having trouble. I shot the pictures in RAW and when I put them in PD11.0.0.2516 64bit and render as a video they are cropped and do not go full screen. I spoke with another member and friend (Mike Bishop), he indicated that he was able to expand a single picture at a time and get them to go full screen. This is fine if you only have a few but if you have 500 like I did today, it would take forever to do this. Is there a way to expand these in volume in PD 11 or should I just shoot video next time?

Here is what I came up with when I rendered 500 pictures;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-CAXBxM8vE
I am using Power director 11 Ultra version 11.0.0.2418 and with hardware acceleration enabled in power director i get lower cpu utilization 30-50% than with it turned off 50-65%.
I took a mkv file and rendered it to 10% complete and recorded results. With hardware acceleration enabled I had 45:11 minutes remaining to complete. With it turned off and just using cpu I had 33:00 minutes left to complete.

My conclusion is that harware acceleration does not work,at least with my setup and power didector.

I have used other encoding programs where i do see an improvement with hardware acceleration ie: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.

By the way Cap't Kevin.....you will need to get a new motherboard if you upgrade to sandy bridge or ivy bridge.
You might try going to the Event Viewer in Vista and look at the error logs. Here is a link that explains how to get there, if your not already familiar. http://www.petri.co.il/vista-event-viewer.htm

I would also consider un-installing Power Director and re-install,as it may be a corrupted install.

Good Luck
Go to: