Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 Produces 0 byte file
[Post New]
Reference Post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21645.page

I am having this same issue. Made 4 previous projects with no issues really, (besides a few crashes here and there). Now the video produces to make a 0 byte file, after saying the produce finished with a green check mark.

I did the same thing you did, found that service for Media Player and disabled it. Also turned off realtime spyware, ( I must say I saw a huge increase in rendering speed after doing this). But still producing a 0 byte file, with no video produced or found anywhere.

What to do now? Right now PD11 is just taking up HD space, like a paperweight for digital files...lol

I also tried to Produce previous projects, and I am getting the same result, an empty file.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
247 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2013 11:09

"Wishing you blue sky and soft landings"
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Chip, I do not have a solution, but you have Windows 7.
Type 'Resource Monitor' in the Start > Text box.

Run it before you start Powerdirector, watch while rendering in Powerdirector, you will be able to see the processes, CPU, Memory, and Disk use while Powerdirector is doing its job.

Maybe you can see where your file is going to.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
I tried that, and then tried disabling the processes that I thought started when I started rendering, the ones with the highest disk usage that I did not recognize, but still getting same problem, 0 byte file. "Wishing you blue sky and soft landings"
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I tried that, and then tried disabling the processes that I thought started when I started rendering, the ones with the highest disk usage that I did not recognize, but still getting same problem, 0 byte file.

If you put a check mark for the PDR11.EXE And System in Resource Monitor, that will filter the results and isolate the processes for PD11 and show the writing.

It has to be there somewhere. PD does not make 0 Byte files. Something is eating the output.
If you put the sample files on the timeline and went to Create Disk, uncheck Burn Disk, Check Burn Disk Folder, what happens? Do you get a My Video folder that is 0 bytes? Just the act of making a disk folder will create a 77 Megabyte folder.

If you try the Sample files on the timeline you will have what everybody has. Using the Sample files gives a common source.

I created a Disk Folder using the sample files with chapters, I used the Broadway Menu template. The 'My Video' folder is 77.4 MB (81,231,872 bytes).

Filename
Sample.pds
[Disk]
 Description
PD 11 Sample files test
 Filesize
455 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
331 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 09. 2013 14:24

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
chip25 I produce a video a month ago it was like 12 minutes long. When it was done I went to play it was like 4kb in size. So I deleted the small file it made reboot the computer. Then I produce it again everything came out fine then. I have know ideal why it happen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2013 18:36

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
[Post New]
I have tried producing a video probably 20 times or more, not just the same video either, past videos that I made, and same result 0 byte file. "Wishing you blue sky and soft landings"
[Post New]
Carl,

I did the check mark in resource manager like you suggested, I show PD11 and system writing and reading like they should be, still not sure what is going on. I will try that sample you suggested asap. But as I suspect it will be the same result, since even past videos are creating 0 byte files. "Wishing you blue sky and soft landings"
Tim Corner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2013 15:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem before. What I found to correct the problem was to uncheck "enable preview during production". This is located at the lower left of the window, when you have produce selected at the top of PD11. Asus Maximus Exreame-Z
i7 2600K @ 4.6GHZ
OCZ Vertex 4
16 GIG DDR-3
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Corsir H-80
ATI 6950
Windows 8 x64
[Post New]
So I think I got the issue fixed.

Tim,

I turned the preview while rendering off and it seemed to work.

So, does that mean I can not use that function anymore? It worked fine in the past when I had preview on.

Kind of disappointing that we can not use a function of the software, and we have to do work arounds.

"Wishing you blue sky and soft landings"
Tim Corner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2013 15:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have spoke to a friend who is an MVP member of the cyberlink forum (they have direct contact with the developers of this software) I'm sure this will be delt with. In the mean time we will have to live with this. That said, I still think this is the best video editing program from the standpoint of versatility and ease of use. Asus Maximus Exreame-Z
i7 2600K @ 4.6GHZ
OCZ Vertex 4
16 GIG DDR-3
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Corsir H-80
ATI 6950
Windows 8 x64
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I my self I always never use the preview I uncheck in produce. The other night I was getting ready to produce a video and I had used the video enhancement on the video tracks set on 2. It put the for some reason it put the check mark back in preview and I did not see it. Till I started to produce. I hit cancle then uncheck it. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Same here- I always automatically turn off video preview just before rendering.
I would like a setting to disable this. The less the CPU is taxed the better for rendering.

Chip-

Just curious.
Where do you save your file to? Have you tried searching elsewhere on your HD to see if it was backed up to somewhere else for some reason. Use this search util - it is much better and faster that the built in Windows one: http://voidtools.com/

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
Rob,

No more issues so far with the preview option turned off. I had not problem finding the file, it was just empty.

chip "Wishing you blue sky and soft landings"