Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble With Rendering Pictures to Video
Tim Corner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2013 15:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have been playing with time lapse and am having trouble. I shot the pictures in RAW and when I put them in PD11.0.0.2516 64bit and render as a video they are cropped and do not go full screen. I spoke with another member and friend (Mike Bishop), he indicated that he was able to expand a single picture at a time and get them to go full screen. This is fine if you only have a few but if you have 500 like I did today, it would take forever to do this. Is there a way to expand these in volume in PD 11 or should I just shoot video next time?

Here is what I came up with when I rendered 500 pictures;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-CAXBxM8vE Asus Maximus Exreame-Z
i7 2600K @ 4.6GHZ
OCZ Vertex 4
16 GIG DDR-3
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Corsir H-80
ATI 6950
Windows 8 x64
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Tim,

Although I do not work with time lapse, here is what I would do to speed up your production time. Using this method requires that you only resize one video, rather than all the images used.

Make your project a two part project.

Part 1: to set the images:
1 - Place the raw images on the timeline with the desired duration. Do not worry about the crop at this time.
2 - Produce this to a format to suit your desired finished project. Give it a name for easy identification
3 - Save the project at this point.
4 - Re-save the project using 'Save As' and give it a suitable name. (This will become 'Part 2')

Part 2: to scale the project to full screen:
1 - Remove the media from the timelines.
2 - Remove from the library, all the images. The only thing that should be left is the file that was produced in Part 1.
3 - Place this video file on the timeline and resize to fill the screen. You will loose a little off the top and the bottom during this process. Just drag the middle sizing handles to fill the screen. You can then adjust the image up or down slightly to get the best shot.
4 - Adjust the video speed with the Power Tools if necessary.
5 - Add your music and any other items desired.
6 - Produce to the same format as you used in Part 1.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I use IRFANVIEW as my default file viewer but it also comes in very handy for batch re-sizing and renaming of files. That's what I would use to resize all images as required.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting write up.
I've used a timelapse video camera and the results were brilliant. Using a single shots and importing into PDR11 produced great results.
Dafydd