Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for your contributions!
I experimented a little. In fact, with the same resolution and HEVC codec at a lower bit rate (60000 instead of 100000), the preview is smoother (even without a shadow file).
Zwar nur am Rande aber doch zum Thema Verarbeitungsgeschwindigkeit passend:

Bei der GoPro Hero 9 werden Videos in 4k und 5k anscheinend nur im HEVC-Format (trotz Einstellung in der Cam "H264 + HEVC") aufgenommen - wodurch die Verabeitungsgeschwindigkeit bis zum Vorhandensein der Schattendatei leidet.
Mit der gleichen Einstellung, aber Auflösung 2k7, wird das Video in H264 AVC aufgenommen.
Die HERO 8 zeichnete 4K mit der Einstellung H264 + HEVC auch mit H264 AVC auf. - was der Verarbeitungsgeschwindigkeit zuträglich ist!

Ihc habe die Frage weshalb bei der 9er nur HEVC auch im GoProSUpportHUB gestellt - bisher leider keine Antwort....

Inzwischen gibt es mehrer Antworten dazu ... Schaut so aus als würde GoPro das nicht ändern wollen - weil "HEVC die Zukunft ist" ...
Hm - mit HEVC ist die Verarbeitung auch mit PD19 langsam/ruckelig. GoPro will bei höheren Auflösungen anscheinden nur noch HEVC einsetzten und das auch nicht ändern. Wo bleibt das Problem jetzt hängen?
----

Although only marginally, it still fits in with the topic of processing speed:

With the GoPro Hero 9, videos in 4k and 5k are apparently only recorded in HEVC format (despite the setting in the cam "H264 + HEVC") - as a result of which the processing speed suffers until the shadow file is available.
With the same setting, but resolution 2k7, the video is recorded in H264 AVC.
The HERO 8 recorded 4K with the H264 + HEVC setting also with the H264 AVC. - what the processing speed is beneficial!

I asked why only HEVC in the GoProSUpportHUB for the 9 series - unfortunately no answer yet ....

In the meantime there are several answers ... Looks like GoPro wouldn't want to change that - because "HEVC is the future" ...
Hm - with HEVC processing is slow / jerky even with PD19. GoPro only wants to use HEVC at higher resolutions and does not want to change that. Where does the problem hang now?
Does that mean that the bit rate is crucial for the fluid display in the preview?
So a video with 5k and 50000bits / s would be displayed more smoothly than a video with 4k and 100000bits / s?
Isn't the bit rate decisive for the compression of the video and the associated artifacts?
Bedeutet das, wenn man ein neues Projekt beginnt und Video/Audiodateien einfügt (genügt es diese im Bibiliothekenfenster hinzuzufügen oder müssen diese in die Video/Audiospur eingefügt werden?), danch ersteinmal einige Zeit warten bis alle Schattendateien erstellt wurden, bevor man das Video bearbeitet?

Does that mean when you start a new project and insert video / audio files (is it enough to add them in the library window or do they have to be inserted into the video / audio track?), Then wait some time until all shadow files have been created before editing the video ?
So - und jetzt verstehe ich die Welt gar nimmer.
Habe heute das gleiche Projekt geöffnet, in dem sich wie gestern auch 5k, 1080 und 2k7 Videomaterial befinden und das gestern alles entsetzlich gerucket hat bei der Vorschau - heute lief alles erstaunlich flüssig! Ich habe KEINE Einstellungen geändert, keine zusätzliche Vorschau vorgerendert ...
Muss ich das verstehen?
Bisher habe ich Video und Tonspur nachträglich voneinander getrennt und die Tonspur gelöscht. Obs auch anders geht, weiß ich nicht.
Thanks for the links!
I.e. an AMD Radeon RX 5700 would be such a graphics card with the chip mentioned? Hm - as far as I can see, a GeForce Rtx 2070 is available for the same price and it is faster ...
Does that also apply to video editing?
I am less concerned with producing (rendering) the finished video - that is now fast enough with my current GTX960.
It is mainly about the editing (preview) itself!
I now have a GoPro Hero 9 that can handle up to 5K resolution. Editing such a video is a pain! The preview is excruciatingly slow / faltering / jerky ... Of course, I can have everything "pre-render" - whatever takes forever ... (maybe a higher-performance graphics card would bring the desired speed boost ...), but for the moment editing 4 and 5K videos is not much fun!
So if I upgrade my PC, it should also help with video editing - I'm not a gamer ...
Ich dachte mit PD19/365 wird alles besser und schneller (war ja schon mit PD18/365 im Vergleich zu PD18 so)....
Derzeit verarbeite ich 1920x1080, 4k und 5k Videos (die GoPro Hero9 kann jetzt eben auch 5k) - Freude ich das keine!
Alle Videos befinden sich auf einer SSD (NVRAM PCIe mit 1,4gb oder mehr rw!) es kann doch bitte nicht sein, dass die Vorschau selbst in der schlechtesten Qualität dermaßen ruckelt und man sich Bild für Bild zu den gewünschten Schnittpunkt hintasten muss?!
Ich kann nur erahnen ob die Position passt.... Klar kann ich für Echtzeitanzeige alles Vorrednern lassen - das dauert halt auch eine Ewigkeit ...
Mein PC ist sicher nicht schwach auf der Brust - aber das ist im Moment eher mehr als nur mühsam!
Überhaupt wurde auch die Android APP verschlimmbessert ... FullHD mit 200FPS ist dort auch eine ruckelige angelegenheit - aber immer noch flüssiger als am PC....
Leute, was ist da los?!
It would be nice if Cyberlink could create the possibility in a future update in PD to be able to manually enter the output size in pixels in addition to the given resolution so that you don't have to edit the INI file!

@optodata "AMD VCN2.0 GPU" I haven't found anything on google now - do you have a tip which AMD graphics card would be suitable here?
Of course there are also other solutions - you can send the video from the camera to the mobile phone via WLAN and then insert the GPS sticker in the GoPro APP - unfortunately this is very tedious and not very flexible.
I chose RaceRender because it also means other sources such as. a log file from Torque (to display motor data) and much more. can be used. And because RaceRender imho is the best known solution to me, which is absolutely flexible - also when it comes to the layout of the overlays!
So far, I am not aware of any editing program that could process this metadata in the video. Unfortunately, after editing and inserting the GPS overlays, all tools I know eliminate the metadata - ALL metadata, including those that are necessary to stabilize a video with ReelSteady ...
You have to stabilize the unstabilized original video with ReelSteady first, then import the original video into RaceRender and extract the GPS file from it. Then delete the original video in Racerender and then import the video stabilized with ReelSteady and then you can bind all GSP overlays to the extracted GPS file (hold the ones for which there is data). Darais can then RaceRender generate a video that can now be processed with any editing program.
Elaborate? YES!
If motor data are then to be included, which from the indicated GPS file from Torque or similar are related, everything still has to be synchronized ...
And if there are also timelaps recordings ... I've already told you ...

Here are two examples:
Once a car trip with external engine data:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNx-H_z548

Once by bike and timelaps - the GPS overlays were all created individually against a black background and then merged in the editing program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syggh5aYrS4
The only option known to me, which I also use myself, is to import the GoPro video UNEDIT (because only then the metadata is available) into RaceRender, to position the desired GPS overlays, to save the video and only then to edit it further with PD . When importing the GoPro video, RaceRender extracts a GPS file. The actual video can then also be removed so that the GPS overlays are in front of a black background. This video is then exported and can be superimposed on the video in PD with Chromakey (black is transparent). is necessary for time-lapse videos because the GPS data was recorded in real time, but the video was recorded at an accelerated rate.
Of course, the GPS video must then be accelerated accordingly so that it is synchronized with the time-lapse video!
As already written - I have all of that. PD also uses all cores when rendering.
The problem is the preview! Since PD always reads directly from the hard disk, its speed is decisive. My data including all PD files are all on the PCIe SSD (there is nothing faster! RW continuously ~ 1.4GB / s - a normal SSD can only manage 500MB ...). Nevertheless, it is necessary to work with shadow files in low resolution so that the preview works smoothly .... You could also "pre-render" for this, which increases the processing time quite a bit and I therefore only use it very rarely.
The render (producing the finished video) works very quickly in PD! A 15 minute video in 4k60fps with 4 4k source videos, various effects, changing the video speed, 4 sound tracks takes about 1.5 hours.
A similar video with an almost identical starting situation takes almost 9 hours in Magix Video Delux! But the preview is more smooth ...
PD can use the HW acceleration of the graphics card - Magix (although indicated) unfortunately not.
It is interesting, however, that PD18Ultimate jerks more (or better just jerks - it is difficult to work properly with it) when previewing - especially when moving the timeline marker to position yourself in the video - PD365 runs much more smoothly with the same settings!
Since PD365 allegedly received various intermediate updates that PD18Ulitmate did not receive, I very much hope that the problem will be resolved with the 19 version at the latest.
Although, I have now updated from 18Ultimate to 365 anyway - so I no longer have the problem anyway wink
All of that is the problem!
A CPU with 12 cores and 3.3 GHz, 16GB Ram, and an M.2 NVRAM PCIe SSD with 1TB, only for video editing (system also on an SSD) and despite everything it is necessary to have shadow files created in a LOW resolution so that the preview and editing doesn't become a test of patience ...
I hope that with the next update there will be a significant improvement!
It is idle to discuss what would or should be nice - if the required codedec is not available, it has to be installed later. Whether this is done from the MS store, or you have to install a plaer like QuickTime or an additional codec pack is secondary!
Whether this codec could possibly be unsafe - there is always a corresponding risk - what is considered safe today may already be unsafe tomorrow ...
Everyone has to know how to deal with it
One can also be overly cautious ...
I've installed everything that is supposed to be unsafe and has never had a problem with it for decades ...
In the Internet you shouldn't turn off your brain and Fiewall, virus scanner etc. support you
Otherwise you should only have a Linux with FireFox browser installed in a "Sandbox" (e.g. VMWare) for surfing - it couldn't be more secure ....
Hm -. MOV or QuickTime is unsafe ....What exactly should be unsave if I only look at .mov files from my camera? Which file format is not unsafe today ?! If I move around the Internet with my brain and don't click on everything that is offered in an email, nothing will happen ... QuickTime is therefore just as secure as everything else

Yes, the correct codecs are required for MOV, HEVC etc.! Some are not included for security reasons, others for licensing reasons and must be installed at your own risk. Some are installed with the installation of the necessary player, others have to be installed with a Coecpack. For example, under Windows 10 the HEVC Codec can be installed via the MS Store.

To be mindful and to find out what could cause what damage when and how you have to deal with it that you are still safe, is certainly highly recommended! But it is not necessary in general. MOV, QuickTime and the like. damn it ...
Just because we could now be exposed to the Coroan virus doesn't mean everyone walks around in a protective suit ... a mask and turning on your brain when behaving in public is enough!

Despite everything, not every .mov file has to be played back correctly - a video converter is often still required ...
For stubborn files, I use Wondershare Videokonverter - with it I have converted every .mov file correctly and imho losslessly to MP4.
You don't have to mention third-party software (funny that this is okay as long as you talk badly about it ...) if there weren't any problems with PD
But so that Cyberlink is reassured - I also tried the software mentioned right away and will not use it, since 4K cannot be used at all (loads forever and then cannot be played).
I continue to use PD 365 - so far the best SW at a reasonable price for me (although there is still plenty of room for improvement).
Hello! I am currently using the latest version of Windows 10. All of my drivers are up-to-date and are constantly being updated.
The error in DaVinci is known in principle ... apparently there is no solution for some graphics cards.
Thanks for the name of your editor software, I'll have a look too.
A "rental model" is always more lucrative for the landlord because there is continuous income and the price is regularly adjusted ...
As for the video editor - are you talking about DaVinci? Unfortunately, I have a problem with my graphics card and constantly presents GPU errors.
Interesting that this is also noticed by other users ... I bought a NEW PD 18 Ultimate 2 months ago (I switched from Magix Video Delux because there were often freezes) and was negatively surprised that the preview in HD was so bad jerked when you move the marker in the timeline to position yourself in the video.
I was told that the PD always accesses the original file stored on the hard drive and that if the data rate were not high enough, it would just stutter.
Then I bought an M.2 NVRAM PCIe SSD and only use it for the Windows swap files, TEMP files and all VIDEO files. In fact, I noticed a significant acceleration! However, there were still very strong stutters up to complete dropouts with some videos being edited (e.g. video speed changed) ...
I then continued to update to PD 365 - because of the additional packages and access to music, etc. - all of a sudden the processing is much smoother! I was told that this could be because there were various "interim updates" for PD 365 that are not available for the Ultimate Version ...
NOW (with PD365) working is fun - I mostly work with 4K60fps files - but also mixed (rarely but up to a total of 7 video tracks) with 4k30FPS, 2k7 60FPS, FullHD 50FPS.
Often there are "only" 2 video tracks in 4k60 which are played synchronously.
As far as I am informed, the LG 49WL95C-W 49-Inch Curved 32: 9 Ultrawide Dqh can be operated as if it were 2 x 27-inch monitors. This should solve the aforementioned display problem, but you have the advantage of the curved display?
Go to: