Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the advice ref Handbrake, I have taken a quick trial and it seems to everything I need

rgds
I run PD 17 and i have problems with Apple mov files.

They seem to take a while to generate when dropped onto the time line and then about half the file / time produces a black screen.

i produce them as a m2ts file and then edit the file to remove the black screen.

luckily I do not have many IPhone files to deal with.

Rgds

Just remembered that I could not use mov files at all, someone recommended downloading QuickTime lite, this did not work so I tried a trial of a mov to MP4 app. This seem to introduce some codecs that offered the partial solution above without having to buy the software.
My opinion of CL's approach to single license per PC / laptop is rather self defeating in today's video / IT approach to on site editing then pulling it together at home base.

Other editors seem to allow a wider distribution.

allowing two uses per license, would satisfy most users.

If users want to use a second copy, there are ways to get around the problem. Second page on a web search can take you to places you should not go! It would be wiser for CL to accept this is a problem and take action to prevent piracy and encourage a better thought solution.

Fortunately I have a previous PD licence for an earlier version which runs on my laptop. Obviously PDS files may not be backward compatible, but early editing is very useful.

Just a thought

rgds
Occasionally I have produced the slideshow (in my case as aH264 m2ts file) and edited that.

It does mess up the audio, but there is a benefit of editing the audio to suit the slideshow which sometimes does quite fit with the original.

rgds
The same fault is occurring occasionally on my version of PD17,

I do not know what is happening at 80% but my projects sit for a while whilst loading, then occasionally the screen jumps, PD is reported as unresponsive, then seems to recover (the win10 message may, or may not, appear asking if you want to quit.

generally if I wait, PD recovers (Problem ? What problem ?). And all is well.

on a couple of occasions PD has crashed with the screen asking for details of problem that can be submitted to PD for analysis.

Rgds

edit. Just add happen today. CPU running at 99% for a minute then died. Repeated the loading , did not reboot, and all fine. My guess is that a Win10 service clocks in, or up, at the most inconvient time ?

rgds
Thanks to the King for the suggestion, I'll take look when the festivities have died down.

rgds
Long shot, but are the frame rates the same ?

Chasing a similar problem but maybe for different rea sons.

rgds
No idea ! ;

my my starting point would be split the clip at the point you want the freeze frame.

Take a capture snapshot at that point. Doctor the captured shot changing the shot to grays with a paint program (paint.net is easy to use).

Insert the the snap back at the split, with a duration to suit you.

Might work ?

rgds
I am chasing a DVD problem at the moment,

I use m2ts format to burn to DVD, AVCH . I found for some reason the file I was produced had changed from 30 fps. To 50 fps. Although the rest of the information about the clip remained the same

I an not sure at the moment if this is the cause of the failures, but certainly would not help ?

rgds
On Amazon there are FireWire to USB adaptors and converters. It might be worth trying a converter, rather than adaptor. The latter may only be a rewireing , The converter should understand the signal and change accordingly.

merry Christmas

rgds

edit. If you are using a pc you can usually fit a FireWire Plc card to a slot in the motherboard. From memory (Many years have passed).mOne thing to be aware of is the FireWire connection is a 4. Or a 6 wire connection. The card had both inputs, but the camera had a 4 wire output.
I noticed that the speaker icon for Win10 also acts as a volume control for a number of apps. So it is possible to set seperate sound levels (Win alarms etc) .

i do not remember if PD was one that came up, but might be worth a looksee

(on my tablet, otherwise I would check for you)

rgds
With reference to PDMods advice to provide feedback to CL.

As the forum,as I understand it, maybe watched by CL, but no intervention would be taken on any posting, Using the provided feed back but on the CL Apps is the only sensible way to further a cause.

that said , it is useful to have a thread like this to see if suggestions for improvements have a following.

i agree that the size of the slider could be larger, maybe in a sizeable row like the tracks.

I would also like to adjust where the cursor is on play back, it always jumps to the centre of the screen, I would prefer positioning a third of the way along, so the screen does not jump so much.

These are going on the suggestion button shortly. ;)

Rgds
I do wonder if there are glitches in PD17 burning process. I am presently investigating why DVDs burn on PD17 fail, but identical material burnt via PD13 work as expected on my system.

I will ill be posting a thread once I have my act, and discussion material / examples assembled

Rgds
Go to: