Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
upgrade blues PD 16 to PD '
Terence1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 14:55 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am not a big time user of PD, but been on and off for several years. I have a few projects I've work on for a few months. I upgraded yesterday to PD 17.02314.1
My projects are about 1.9 hrs each. They worked great in PD 16 now when they try to load them the clip window will pupulate then try to install timeline dada. It will reach to about 80% then powerdirector will quit responding. I'll wait hours until I go Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

Same on all projects???

Any ideas.

Terry / Merry Christmas
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
My first thought would be to update PD17 to the latest (beta) patch (2419) linked at the top of the forum page.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well it's Xmas eve and it may be a while before many people are looking at the forum again, so it might help to try uninstalling PD17, reboot and try installing it again. If that doesn't help, follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting thread and post the DxDiag results here.

If you have the subscription version, you won't be able to apply the beta patch, so 2314.1 is the current rev.

Even though you seem to have been successfully running PD16, it's possible for a driver or setup issue to affect PD17.

Also, if PD freezes on you for more than 5 or 6 seconds, you can kill it with Task Manager. There's no need to wait for hours! If you can't restart PD right away because of a message that concurrent sessions aren't supported, try again in a few seconds - or else just reboot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2018 17:39

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
The same fault is occurring occasionally on my version of PD17,

I do not know what is happening at 80% but my projects sit for a while whilst loading, then occasionally the screen jumps, PD is reported as unresponsive, then seems to recover (the win10 message may, or may not, appear asking if you want to quit.

generally if I wait, PD recovers (Problem ? What problem ?). And all is well.

on a couple of occasions PD has crashed with the screen asking for details of problem that can be submitted to PD for analysis.

Rgds

edit. Just add happen today. CPU running at 99% for a minute then died. Repeated the loading , did not reboot, and all fine. My guess is that a Win10 service clocks in, or up, at the most inconvient time ?

rgds

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2018 03:43