Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT not working right in 2419
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
I thought I should start a New Topic for this, since it seems different from tomasc's Topic on SVRT.

I installed PD17 Essentials on Win8.1. I patched it with the latest beta patch, 2419.

When I click Alt-S in the Editor on a video recorded with Screen Recorder 2, I get a green band, indicating that the video is SVRT'able.

However, when I go to Produce the video and use the Advisor to select an Intelligent SVRT Profile, I get red text, indicating that SVRT isn't avaible. (Which means that I was wrong in my topic about bottlenecks. While PD17 performs the same for this video with HA, I haven't been able to test it with SVRT.)

Here's a (cute) screenshot showing both.

Since I don't "own" PD17, and since I don't know if anyone else is getting this (I would expect that someone would have complained by now) I leave it to a registered user of PD17 to create a ticket if they have the same problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2018 06:03

Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Long shot, but are the frame rates the same ?

Chasing a similar problem but maybe for different rea sons.

rgds
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I bet I know what the problem is in PD17 Essentials.

It's the Watermark.

If you look at the bottom photo in my screenshot above, you'll see the Watermark on the Production screen, Edited by PowerDirector.

That watermark changes the video. And so a simple "copy" by SVRT is impossible.

(This is PD17 Essentials that still within the 30-day Features period.)

I don't see this limitation listed on the CL website.

If this is the problem (that the Watermark is preventing SVRT from working), then perhaps CL should add to the list that SVRT doesn't work in PD17 Essentials?
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just downloaded the latest trial version of of PD 17 to test SVRT again. This is version 17.0.3005.1

I still cannot get SVRT in PD 17 to work with clips that SVRT works with in PD 15.

I previously theorized that this was a problem with the trial version because it puts a watermark on the rendered video. And such an operation prevents SVRT from working.

Perhaps someone in the forum can confirm my theory.

Here's a link to a one minute video. It's in mp4 format, taken from OBS.

jumpshare.com/v/3y5SHNV3cMatrxwJuHog

It has a strangish pixel size, because OBS doesn't offer DAR support. Regardless, PD 15's SVRT works fine with this.

If you load it in your time line and then go to the Produce page, I am curious to know if the Profile Analyzer gives you a green "Go" on it.

Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I I previously theorized that this was a problem with the trial version because it puts a watermark on the rendered video. And such an operation prevents SVRT from working.

I doubt the watermark has any bearing on SVRT functionality. However, from what I know the trial versions do not support H.264 SVRT period.

For me, PD14, 15, 16, 17 can all create a valid SVRT profile for your sample clip.

Jeff
pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, that was quick.
Thanks!

If it is the case that the trial version of PD 17 does not do SVRT in mp4, then it seems to me that Cyblerlink is shooting itself in the foot.

I mean, one of the major features of PD is SVRT. I don't know of any other editor that offers this time saving feature. And it can be a BIG time saver when rendering.

But if the trial doesn't do SVRT in mp4, the potential customers won't see the benefit and won't buy.

In fact, I wasn't going to upgrade to PD 17 because of this very thing. Now that you've told me it works in the non-trial version, I will seriously consider upgrading to 17.6. (Depending on what PD 18 offers.)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a link to a one minute video. It's in mp4 format, taken from OBS.
jumpshare.com/v/3y5SHNV3cMatrxwJuHog

The Microsoft SmartScreen filter blocked it from downloading starting that it is unsafe to download.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2019 11:31

pmikep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Huh. Don't know why. It's just an mp4 file. (Maybe because it's from a copyrighted movie? Big Brother watching? But fair use - it's just a test sample.)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That warning is because it's from a file sharing site with unknown risks. In other words, MS doesn't have enough info to say that the download is likely to be safe, and since it's coming from a sketchy website, they've decalared that it's "unsafe" - ostensibly to protect the user.

All you have to do to get around the block is go to Downloads and right-click on the file and choose:

I actually had to delete the download and do the same steps again to get the clip. The first time I only got a 5kB placeholder file.

Anyway, once I cleared the issue I can also use SVRT in PD17/365:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°