Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Vision problem
JamesCossin
Newbie Location: Texas, United States Joined: Jan 07, 2011 18:08 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'll start off by saying that my system plays games in 3D all day long @ max settings. I am running two EVGA GTX 470 GPU's on a Acer H5360 3D Ready Projector with 3 pairs of Nvidia 3D vision shutter glasses.
My drivers for all hardware are currently up-to-date: Video Driver is: 260.99

RE-EDIT: PC SPECS/DETAILS
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit OS
Intel Q6600 @ 3.2 Ghz
Mushkin Blackline 4GB (2x2GB)
EVGA 750i SLi FTW
(two) EVGA GTX 470 SC
Creative X-Fi Platinum
LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner
ACER H5360 3D Ready Projector ( connected by HDMI 1.4 )

I recently bought Resident Evil: Afterlife on Blu-Ray 3D. I then came to the cyberlink website, read about PowerDVD Ultra 3D Mark II and decided to go ahead and buy it.

Installation went fine and I love the UI of the program.
My problem is with the movie not actually playing in 3D.
I have the 3D enabled in PowerDVD. ( by clicking on the 3D icon at the bottom)
I also went into 3D Display Configuration.
My settings are:

GENERAL:
3D scene depth: 3/4 of the way up.
Swap Left/Right eye: Left Image First

SOURCE FORMAT:
Auto Detect Format (recommended)

DISPLAY DEVICE:
NVIDIA 3D VISION Ready Monitor

So, I start the movie. I hit CTRL+T to turn on Nvidia 3D vision.
It gets to the main menu of the movie and I can see the MENU bar in 3D. ( The bar that has the options for: PLAY, SCENE SELECTION, SPECIAL FEATURES, etc.
That is noticably in 3D. The text in that bar is double imaged for L/R.

When I push play and start watching the movie I notice there is no 3D effect.

That's as far as I've been with it so far. I stopped the movie and went back to the menu and double checked all my settings and tried again. Still no 3D in the movie itself but the Menu was still in 3D.
I searched these forums for anyone with the same problem as I have before posting. If this has been addressed before I am sorry but I searched for over half an hour.

Please help, I would love to watch my movie in 3D tonight as I have family over who are waiting to watch this with me.

Thanks,
James Cossin

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 19:11

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
PC Specs:Q6600 @3Ghz,4GB Ram@1066Mhz,750i SLi FTW @ 1333Mhz FSB,(2) EVGA GTX 470SC 1280MB,X-Fi Platinum,Nvidia Edition Antec 900.
Acer H5360 3D Projector, 92" EliteScreens Screen
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
1. No need to enable 3D vision manually by keystroke
2. please check NV Control Panel 3D vision and make sure 3D vision is enabled there and the device has been detected and tested in the wizard propperly
3. in PowerDVD check the 3D settings page (auto detect should show you 3D Vision logo/screen)
4. make sure the BEamer is set to 3D Vision mode!
5. double check you use the correct Disc
6. only use one VGA at the same time

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
JamesCossin
Newbie Location: Texas, United States Joined: Jan 07, 2011 18:08 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
"1. No need to enable 3D vision manually by keystroke" - Problem - Ok, then something is wrong. It doesn't automatically turn on.

"2. please check NV Control Panel 3D vision and make sure 3D vision is enabled there and the device has been detected and tested in the wizard propperly" - Checked, Verified that 3D Vision is enabled

"3. in PowerDVD check the 3D settings page (auto detect should show you 3D Vision logo/screen) " - Switched to AutoDetect. 3D Vision Logo/Screen are there.

"4. make sure the BEamer is set to 3D Vision mode!" - Verified Acer H5360 is set to NVidia 3D Vision mode.

"5. double check you use the correct Disc " Veryfied, this Blu Ray 3D version is a single disc only. It contains both the 3D version and the 2D version.

"6. only use one VGA at the same time" - Verified
, no other Video Outputs connected. Only the HDMI 1.4 going to the ACER H5360.

Before we continue to track this down I must say; I read for quite a while last night trying to fix my situation and the most obvious answer I could find for myself was that I need to be running Windows 7.
Is this correct or will my current OS ( Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit ) work fine?

As I stated in my previous post, the MENU of the movie is in 3D. But the movie is not.
I have tried both formats of the movie. 2D/3D. I also noticed that when the movie is playing and I switch from Left Eye First/Right Eye First it does have two seperate frames. One for left and one for right. But I believe it is only displaying which ever I have selected to display first and it is not displaying both the Left and the Right frames.

Thank you for your continued help Michael.

Br,
James Cossin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 12:24

PC Specs:Q6600 @3Ghz,4GB Ram@1066Mhz,750i SLi FTW @ 1333Mhz FSB,(2) EVGA GTX 470SC 1280MB,X-Fi Platinum,Nvidia Edition Antec 900.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

kindly check this posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

please make sure you have installed up-to-date PowerDVD 10 MArk II !!

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
JamesCossin
[Post New]
PowerDVD full Version - YES
PowerDVD Trial Verison? - NO
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!) - DVD101124-02
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown) - TR101202-091
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version) - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? - Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? - RETAIL
Used VGA - EVGA GTX 470 SC 1280MB P/N:012-P3-1472-AR
Used VGA driver version - 260.99
Used Audio device - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
Used Audio device driver version - 6.0.1.1368
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices) - PowerDVD: Speaker Enviroment - Headphone, Output Mode - Stereo, Windows: Creative SB X-Fi "working"
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version) - LG BluRay Burner/Player Model Num: WH10LS30, F/W Version = 1.00
Used Display(s) - Acer H5360 3D Ready Projector P/N: EY-K0701-020
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) - HDMI 1.4
Are you using single or dual monitor environment - Single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD -
GENERAL:
3D scene depth: 1/2 Bar
Swap Left/Right eye: Left Image First

SOURCE FORMAT:
Auto Detect Format (recommended)

DISPLAY DEVICE:
Auto Detect 3D Display (3DVisionLogo/Screen Showing)

What kind of Antivirus SW are you using - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011

Attached LOG Files for BD & 3D Advisor:
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_WES-PC_2011_01_09_15_18_12.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
587 time(s)
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_WES-PC_2011_01_09_15_18_58.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
580 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2011 16:20

JamesCossin
[Post New]
Also, forgot to add the DXDIAG report:
 Filename
DxDiag.xml
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
134 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
815 time(s)
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Update: After troubleshooting everything I could think of, I decided to try a different Blu Ray 3D software.

I have found success with the ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 player. 3D works perfectly and it has a very nice UI.
I am only using a trial version for now in hopes that you can solve the problem with PowerDVD not playing in 3D for me.
Afterall, I don't wish to buy another 3D player for $99.99 when I already bought PowerDVD Ultra.

Can we please figure this out soon.

Thanks,
James Cossin "Only the dead have seen the end of war"
[Post New]
Hi,

I tried you setup here and it works.

Please check again:

1. install NV Graphics Driver 260.99
2. install 3D Vision driver v260.99 (extra download)
3. in NV System control Panel activate 3D Vision and run through the wizard
4. start PDVD 10
5. enter 3D Settings in PDVD and make sure to have source and output auto select (should show the 3D Vision)
6. make sure the 3D logo in the navigation bar is shown with an cube

the depth / scene slider has no effect for BD-3D. This is because the spec of BD-3D has fixed this within the video stream.

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I tried you setup here and it works.

Please check again:

1. install NV Graphics Driver 260.99
2. install 3D Vision driver v260.99 (extra download)
3. in NV System control Panel activate 3D Vision and run through the wizard
4. start PDVD 10
5. enter 3D Settings in PDVD and make sure to have source and output auto select (should show the 3D Vision)
6. make sure the 3D logo in the navigation bar is shown with an cube

the depth / scene slider has no effect for BD-3D. This is because the spec of BD-3D has fixed this within the video stream.

BR
Michael

1. Checked - NV Graphics Driver v260.99 installed
2. Checked - 3D Vision Driver CD v1.38 including v260.99 drivers installed
3. Checked - NV Control Panel 3D Vision is Enabled and 3D Vision Wizard has been run and works properly
4. Checked - PDVD is on.
5. Checked - 3D Settings are correct. Format is Auto(recommended),output is Auto and shows 3D Vision Logo/120Hz Screen
6. Checked - PDVD 3D setting is ENABLED and shows 3D Cube

Now, still not playing BD 3D in 3D. It has converted 2D Media to 3D just fine since purchased.
As stated previously, The menu of Resident Evil: AfterLife 3D is displaying in 3D but the background video is 2D.
Also, as stated previously, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 plays the movie in 3D with the same settings/drivers.
It has to be something within PowerDVD itself that is causing this. My drivers/settings are correct.

Thank you for your continued support,
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT: Hi James,

I am not an expert with Power DVD and enabling the 3D setup.

But....I wanted to make an observation of your patience and EXCELLENT way of answering the questions being asked of you. I am watching this thread and hope you will find a solution...and soon!

I spend most of my time helping others in the Power Direcotr forums...but I occasionally peek in on the Power DVD forum...I do use the software, but I have not migrated to 3D as of yet.

I see lots of folks get very rude and disrespectful in the forum...And you are quite the opposite. I felt that you should know how refreshing that is to me.

Good Luck! And I hope you get your problem solved. It sure is a strange thing...Arcsoft works...Power DVD doesn't...

Regards,

KEvin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2011 20:52

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
JamesCossin
[Post New]
I am truly sorry if I am being an inconveniance to you, but do you mind me asking what type of media did you play in 3D with my setup? Was it a BD 3D movie? If so, which movie?

My reason for asking is because I'm thinking this problem is limited to BluRay 3D movies, because the fact that it will play 2D .wmv files in 3D.It also plays my normal DVD's in 3D. (I tried District 9 from a regular DVD)

If this is the case, then maybe I should try redownloading/installing PDVD and try BD3D again. Maybe it's the codec that PDVD uses for BD3D movies that isn't working right .

Excuse me if my thoughts seem retarded LOL.

Thanks,
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jim,

I am not an expert with Power DVD and enabling the 3D setup.

But....I wanted to make an observation of your patience and EXCELLENT way of answering the questions being asked of you. I am watching this thread and hope you will find a solution...and soon!

I spend most of my time helping others in the Power Direcotr forums...but I occasionally peek in on the Power DVD forum...I do use the software, but I have not migrated to 3D as of yet.

I see lots of folks get very rude and disrespectful in the forum...And you are quite the opposite. I felt that you should know how refreshing that is to me.

Good Luck! And I hope you get your problem solved. It sure is a strange thing...Arcsoft works...Power DVD doesn't...

Regards,

KEvin

Thanks, Cap'n Kevin. You made me laugh with that comment. I am pretty smart with my computers and I know how aggrevating it can get when trying to help someone. If they are being a jerk it makes it even worse. So, I will go out of my way to prevent that.

Furthermore,
the guys on the forums are here for help/support. They didn't code the software. So people should give you more patience than they sometimes do.

Also, you called me Jim, my name is James. Friends call me Wes. But you can call me whatever as long as it's not A-Hole. LOL.

Sorry if this all a little off-topic.

Br,
tech81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2010 17:00 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James

While I don't have your particular 3D setup I have been through some 3D pain.

Have you checked for PowerDVD updates ? I was running PDVD 10 mk 2 Ultra but not getting 3D until I downloaded the latest update PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D build 2429. The update DID NOT download automatically from PowerDVD I had to get it directly from the Cyberlink support page.

Have you run the Cyberlink BD and 3D advisor (http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do) ? When I had PDVD 9.5 it was crashing with 3D content (even though PDVD 9.5 was supposed to support 3D !) turns out that my AV amp broke the 3D chain and PDVD was not exiting gracefully.

The Cyberlink BD advisor was a very useful tool. Like you I too tried TMT 5 and for a while ran PDVD 9 and TMT 3, I have to say that both have their faults and I'm more reluctant to continue to run two pieces of media software.

Hope you get your setup sorted.

Thanks.

Chris.
[Post New]
Hi,
I tried all the 3D titles that are available to me - unfortunately the title you mentioned is not yet available in my location - but I placed an order and will receive it within some days.
Please be patient - I will test it right after arrival.

Greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Quote: Hi James

While I don't have your particular 3D setup I have been through some 3D pain.

Have you checked for PowerDVD updates ? I was running PDVD 10 mk 2 Ultra but not getting 3D until I downloaded the latest update PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D build 2429. The update DID NOT download automatically from PowerDVD I had to get it directly from the Cyberlink support page.

Have you run the Cyberlink BD and 3D advisor (http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do) ? When I had PDVD 9.5 it was crashing with 3D content (even though PDVD 9.5 was supposed to support 3D !) turns out that my AV amp broke the 3D chain and PDVD was not exiting gracefully.

The Cyberlink BD advisor was a very useful tool. Like you I too tried TMT 5 and for a while ran PDVD 9 and TMT 3, I have to say that both have their faults and I'm more reluctant to continue to run two pieces of media software.

Hope you get your setup sorted.

Thanks.

Chris.

Thanks Tech81, I do have PDVD up-to-date. Version number is: 10.0.2429.51
I have ran BD Advisor and it shows PASS on all.

Hi,
I tried all the 3D titles that are available to me - unfortunately the title you mentioned is not yet available in my location - but I placed an order and will receive it within some days.
Please be patient - I will test it right after arrival.

Greetings
Michael

Thanks, you will enjoy the movie. It's quite good in my opinion.

OFF-TOPIC:
I was looking into getting the burning software Power2Go. I noticed before I was a gold member that I could've downloaded it for free. Now that I am a gold member I cannot find it for free anywhere.Anyone have a link for members download?

Br,
James Cossin
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
209 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
556 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,

Click on "MEMBERS" at the top of this page, next to the Shopping cart.....then when the new page opens Click on the "Gold Member" next to your name. It will bring you to where you can download the Power2Go free download. I think I got this right.

Good Luck and let me know if you can't find it.

P.S. Thanks for the research on the Webcam Presario problem in the YouCam forum.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin,
I did look as you said and this is what it offered me:

Gold Account membership gift is LabelPrint.

I believe when I was offered Power2Go it was when I was a bronze member. (before my registration of PDVD10)

I have tried manually finding the url by using the gold download as an example:
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/members/enu/gold_labelprint_download.html
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/members/enu/bronze_power2go_download.html

But appearently I was incorrect.

EDIT: Found the link: Power2Go5.5LE

Thanks,
James Cossin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2011 08:03

[Post New]
Hi James,
I received the title and it can work in my environment in 2D and 3D using h5360 Acer projector using NVIDIA 3D Vision emitter.

Do You use SLI? If possible I would suggest to disable SLI for testing - maybe this is the root casue.

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Ok, I'll try it right now Michael.

Thanks,
JamesCossin
[Post New]
Michael,
I disabled SLi and tested 3D again. Still no 3D with Blu Ray 3D. Also, yesterday (Tuesday,January 11) I uninstalled and redownloaded PDVD Ultra 2325. Reinstalled version 2325 and then updated to the latest build (10.0.2429.51).

So, in doing so I believe I eliminated the possibility of the download being corrupt/incomplete.

Thanks,