Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Yes, you maybe right, but PowerDirector is not a tool for lecturing.
But maybe you can use a program for screen capture, like Cyberlink Screen recorder and record your typing in PowerPoint?

Hatti

OK, thanks Hatti
Hatti, thanks for all that work! I viewed your demonstration video which explained all. It is a more complicated process than I hoped for and maybe impractical for me since my video will have hundreds of lines of text and I have little time.

I wish Cyberlink had a feature for automatically scrolling lines within the confines of a text box as they are typed so the entire text is centered vertically and horizontally at any point in the typing and after all the text is entered. Presenting text centered on the screen is a common tool in lectures and a basic function in MS PowerPoint.

If I find a better way or improve on your technique I will let you know and post for the Power Director community.

Best Wishes,

Phil Anderson, Charlottesville Virginia USA

Quote You have to keyframe the position of your text.
For the text to appear as single letters, use the starting effect "Popup I". It is the effect, that has the nearest look as if the letters were typed. I did not find anything better.
I did not find an effect, that make a text appear from the center. If you have one, use that effect (and be sure to share it on the cyberlink website laughing)

I made a little video to give you an idea, what I mean.
Please excuse my english, it's not my native language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_MVnPDqVU

Hatti
I have a lot of text I have to enter in a teaching video and I want to center this text vertically - as I type the text in I want the paragraph to expand vertially and horizontally so the paragraph is centered on the screen. Right now, in Titles, as I type the text centers horizontally only and lines are added down so that the lines eventually go off the bottom of the screen. In Title-Designer I find no option for this multi-directional expansion as text is typed - only justify left, justify right, or center. thanks
Quote Hi Philip0521,

I too have often used Pond5.

I assume like me, you also get the free "clip of the week" download offers. The true answer to your question would probably be best answered by someone of our more tech oriented experts here on the forum. They may require a DxDiag of your rig (Google that if not familiar), and other of your computer/video card/etc details. And what your main intended delivery method is for the productions you want to share (e.g. Burn to Bluray, Or send as an email attachment, Or upload to Youtube/ Vimeo, and so on).

For me, downloading the "mov/h264/1920x1080" version/option has been a fail safe compromise format that works with my laptop and a more powerful Desktop.

But then it hit me.

Pond5 presents me with 3 different formats of varying file size, and I have 2 outboard aux USB3 storage drives. So why not simply download and archive a copy of each of the available formats? Some day it may come in handy to have a copy/format that may work better faster on a new computer.

But for now I tend to use the "mov/h264/1920x1080" format, as my main aim these days is displaying a production on Youtube & Vimeo. I'm not burning to DVD and not anticipating any of these productions will be be viewed in full 4K HD on a big screen.

Hopefully other of our more tech advanced members will chime in here with their insights as to your query.

thanks! I'll download all three and update my query for more answers.

I have purchased video clips on Pond5 for use in a video I am producing in Power Director 16 for YouTube and Vimeo. I have the option of downloadinig the clips in three formats. Is one optimal for editing in Power Director 16 and upload to the internet? prores, h264, PhotoJpeg. Here are the detailed optioins for download in Pond5:

mov/prores/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

mov/h264/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

mov/PhotoJpeg/1920x1080/29.97 FPS thanks

I am using Power Director 16 for video editing. My computer: Dell Inspiron 15 5000, Intel Core I7 processor, 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon graphics.

I would like the produced video to be viewable as 4k HD.

thanks
Quote Philip; Perhaps if you post this in the PowerDirector (editor) part of the forum, you may get a quicker and better answer. You posted in The PowerDVD (player) section.

Perhaps a little more detail will help.

thanks Stevek, I did not realize I had misposted my request.
I have purchased video clips on Pond5 for use in a video I am producing for YouTube and Vimeo.

I have the option of downloadinig the clips in three formats. Is one optimal for editing in Power Director 16 and upload to the internet? prores, h264, PhotoJpeg

mov/prores/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

mov/h264/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

mov/PhotoJpeg/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

thanks
Quote Hi Philip -

tomasc is correct here. For your purposes you need a genuine video loop, where the last frames lead smoothly into the first frames of the repeated clip.

There are plenty of cloud loops available online. Some are free - others not. Two examples here.

Note: If you use a fade transition between the clips, make sure it's set to overlap-type. Not cross-type!

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, I'll check out the loops and the overlap transition. Great to have community help!
Quote That could mean that the clouds at the end of the clip does not look like the clouds at the beginning of the clip so there is a jerk when the next cloud clip starts. You could use power tools to slow down the clip to the length of time needed in the project.

thanks Tomasc, I'll give it a try
I am using a moving clouds clip for the background of a video and when it starts again there is a jerking motion. Is there an quick way to fix to maintain a smooth, moving cloud background? Fade-in /-out will make the cllip restart smoother but the background fades.
You came through again Carl. thanks! Phil

Quote I saw a video where text appeared on screen as spoken, synchronized voice and text for each word.

Is there a way to do this automatically in Power Director 15?
Not automatically.

You can use titles and position them correctly in sync with the audio. It takes much trial and error to get it right.

It is also possible to use Subtitles (imprinted on video) to get the text in sync with the speech. Again it takes much work and trial and error.

After you have done the sync a few times it gets much easier to 'nail' the position. It helps to expand the timeline to see your position better.

A tool you may want to use is a speech to text software, you could output a srt file for the subtitle room with the times already set.
I saw a video where text appeared on screen as spoken, synchronized voice and text for each word.

Is there a way to do this automatically in Power Director 15?
Thanks T, I'll look it over

Quote Try this link: https://www.udemy.com/powerdirector/?couponCode=LCPDR_34 . It is self paced online course.
Is anyone aware of a comprehensive online course for Power Director?

I just purchased PD 15 and have been studying the users guide as well as watching how-to videos at Cyberlink and on YouTube.

I a am gradually piecing together understanding and skills but it would be great to have an online course which surveys PD's capabilities and tool use in a more organized, logical sequence.

thanks,

Phil Anderson, Charlottesville Virginia (home of UVA)
Hans, I wish I could speak Dutch. Let me know if you have an English version of the course.

thanks,

Phil Anderson

philsolar@gmail.com

Quote I wrote a starters course (DUTCH) for PowerDirector 15.

You find it at: http://www.bijhans.info/Cyberlink.html

Hans.
Quote I have a video narration script for a video I am producing. When I am recording the voice narration I would like for the music to automatically reduce in volume then come back to full volume during pauses in my voice narration. I have observed this effect in documentaries. I don't want to have to manually reduce the music volume during my voice narration because the script is about 70 minutes long - this would be very time consuming. Is there a way for the music track to reduce in volume if it detects the voice track is active?
There is an audio editor that has that fuction built-in. search for 'Audacity'. The function is called Auto Duck.

Audacity is a free audio editor.

Powerdirector does not have that function, nor does WaveEditor or Audio Director.

Thanks for the quick help Carl! I just downloaded Audacity and found the "Auto Duck" effect. Your reply message had some system info: Windows 7 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB,256GB SSD,1TB HD. Was this your recommendation for using Audacity?
It is my current computer. It is getting old, it is about 6 years old. It does pretty good with editing HD video. I do have Audacity on this computer. All works well. Audacity is not a demanding program, it will work well in just about any good computer, 32 bit Windows, at least 2 GB of Ram.

I am about to purchase a Dell system with Windows 10 64-bit, 16 GB Ram, 1 TB hard disk, 4G AMD Radeon R7 M445 graphics. Sound good? I prefer Windows 7 but I have heard Windows 10 uses fewer operating resources freeing these for tasks.
I am not the person to ask about Windows 10, I do not have Windows 10 on any of my computers. The one time I tried Windows 10, I went back to Windows 7. The last upgrade I did on my computer, was to install a 256 GB SSD drive. Great improvement on speed of boot up.

I also did a fresh clean install of Windows 7 and all of the programs that I normally use, when I installed the SSD drive.

thanks Carl. My wife got Windows 10 and we've been struggling with it ever since. I think I'll try it awhile on the new computer before transferring my work there. If it doesn't work out I'll load Windows 7 on it. Best
Quote I have a video narration script for a video I am producing. When I am recording the voice narration I would like for the music to automatically reduce in volume then come back to full volume during pauses in my voice narration. I have observed this effect in documentaries. I don't want to have to manually reduce the music volume during my voice narration because the script is about 70 minutes long - this would be very time consuming. Is there a way for the music track to reduce in volume if it detects the voice track is active?
There is an audio editor that has that fuction built-in. search for 'Audacity'. The function is called Auto Duck.

Audacity is a free audio editor.

Powerdirector does not have that function, nor does WaveEditor or Audio Director.

Thanks for the quick help Carl! I just downloaded Audacity and found the "Auto Duck" effect. Your reply message had some system info: Windows 7 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB,256GB SSD,1TB HD. Was this your recommendation for using Audacity?

I am about to purchase a Dell system with Windows 10 64-bit, 16 GB Ram, 1 TB hard disk, 4G AMD Radeon R7 M445 graphics. Sound good? I prefer Windows 7 but I have heard Windows 10 uses fewer operating resources freeing these for tasks.
I have a video narration script for a video I am producing. When I am recording the voice narration I would like for the music to automatically reduce in volume then come back to full volume during pauses in my voice narration. I have observed this effect in documentaries. I don't want to have to manually reduce the music volume during my voice narration because the script is about 70 minutes long - this would be very time consuming. Is there a way for the music track to reduce in volume if it detects the voice track is active?
Go to: