Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
best video format for import into power director
[Post New]
I have purchased video clips on Pond5 for use in a video I am producing in Power Director 16 for YouTube and Vimeo. I have the option of downloadinig the clips in three formats. Is one optimal for editing in Power Director 16 and upload to the internet? prores, h264, PhotoJpeg. Here are the detailed optioins for download in Pond5:

mov/prores/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

mov/h264/1920x1080/29.97 FPS

mov/PhotoJpeg/1920x1080/29.97 FPS thanks

I am using Power Director 16 for video editing. My computer: Dell Inspiron 15 5000, Intel Core I7 processor, 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon graphics.

I would like the produced video to be viewable as 4k HD.

thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2017 13:15

Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Philip0521,

I too have often used Pond5.

I assume like me, you also get the free "clip of the week" download offers. The true answer to your question would probably be best answered by someone of our more tech oriented experts here on the forum. They may require a DxDiag of your rig (Google that if not familiar), and other of your computer/video card/etc details. And what your main intended delivery method is for the productions you want to share (e.g. Burn to Bluray, Or send as an email attachment, Or upload to Youtube/ Vimeo, and so on).

For me, downloading the "mov/h264/1920x1080" version/option has been a fail safe compromise format that works with my laptop and a more powerful Desktop.

But then it hit me.

Pond5 presents me with 3 different formats of varying file size, and I have 2 outboard aux USB3 storage drives. So why not simply download and archive a copy of each of the available formats? Some day it may come in handy to have a copy/format that may work better faster on a new computer.

But for now I tend to use the "mov/h264/1920x1080" format, as my main aim these days is displaying a production on Youtube & Vimeo. I'm not burning to DVD and not anticipating any of these productions will be be viewed in full 4K HD on a big screen.

Hopefully other of our more tech advanced members will chime in here with their insights as to your query.

__________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Quote Hi Philip0521,

I too have often used Pond5.

I assume like me, you also get the free "clip of the week" download offers. The true answer to your question would probably be best answered by someone of our more tech oriented experts here on the forum. They may require a DxDiag of your rig (Google that if not familiar), and other of your computer/video card/etc details. And what your main intended delivery method is for the productions you want to share (e.g. Burn to Bluray, Or send as an email attachment, Or upload to Youtube/ Vimeo, and so on).

For me, downloading the "mov/h264/1920x1080" version/option has been a fail safe compromise format that works with my laptop and a more powerful Desktop.

But then it hit me.

Pond5 presents me with 3 different formats of varying file size, and I have 2 outboard aux USB3 storage drives. So why not simply download and archive a copy of each of the available formats? Some day it may come in handy to have a copy/format that may work better faster on a new computer.

But for now I tend to use the "mov/h264/1920x1080" format, as my main aim these days is displaying a production on Youtube & Vimeo. I'm not burning to DVD and not anticipating any of these productions will be be viewed in full 4K HD on a big screen.

Hopefully other of our more tech advanced members will chime in here with their insights as to your query.

thanks! I'll download all three and update my query for more answers.