Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
center text on page vertically and horizontally as I type
[Post New]
I have a lot of text I have to enter in a teaching video and I want to center this text vertically - as I type the text in I want the paragraph to expand vertially and horizontally so the paragraph is centered on the screen. Right now, in Titles, as I type the text centers horizontally only and lines are added down so that the lines eventually go off the bottom of the screen. In Title-Designer I find no option for this multi-directional expansion as text is typed - only justify left, justify right, or center. thanks Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
You have to keyframe the position of your text.
For the text to appear as single letters, use the starting effect "Popup I". It is the effect, that has the nearest look as if the letters were typed. I did not find anything better.
I did not find an effect, that make a text appear from the center. If you have one, use that effect (and be sure to share it on the cyberlink website laughing)

I made a little video to give you an idea, what I mean.
Please excuse my english, it's not my native language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_MVnPDqVU

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Hatti, thanks for all that work! I viewed your demonstration video which explained all. It is a more complicated process than I hoped for and maybe impractical for me since my video will have hundreds of lines of text and I have little time.

I wish Cyberlink had a feature for automatically scrolling lines within the confines of a text box as they are typed so the entire text is centered vertically and horizontally at any point in the typing and after all the text is entered. Presenting text centered on the screen is a common tool in lectures and a basic function in MS PowerPoint.

If I find a better way or improve on your technique I will let you know and post for the Power Director community.

Best Wishes,

Phil Anderson, Charlottesville Virginia USA

Quote You have to keyframe the position of your text.
For the text to appear as single letters, use the starting effect "Popup I". It is the effect, that has the nearest look as if the letters were typed. I did not find anything better.
I did not find an effect, that make a text appear from the center. If you have one, use that effect (and be sure to share it on the cyberlink website laughing)

Hatti
Philip Anderson
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you maybe right, but PowerDirector is not a tool for lecturing.
But maybe you can use a program for screen capture, like Cyberlink Screen recorder and record your typing in PowerPoint?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Quote Yes, you maybe right, but PowerDirector is not a tool for lecturing.
But maybe you can use a program for screen capture, like Cyberlink Screen recorder and record your typing in PowerPoint?

Hatti

OK, thanks Hatti Philip Anderson
[Post New]
I resolved this by:

Title Room: select "My Title" and drag to timeline

Timeline: highlight the above title box and click "Designer"

In Designer: select desired text and "centering mode". Type in text to desired line width and proceed to next line by keyboard "Enter" key (usual typing method). After all desired text is entered, click the title box and drag to position text box on screen as desired. Philip Anderson
[Post New]
Quote You have to keyframe the position of your text.

Hatti

Hatti,

I resolved this by:

Title Room: select "My Title" and drag to timeline

Timeline: highlight the above title box and click "Designer"

In Designer: select desired text and "centering mode". Type in text to desired line width and proceed to next line by keyboard "Enter" key (usual typing method). After all desired text is entered, click the title box and drag to position text box on screen as desired.

Posted this for the forum.

thanks again Hatti

Phil Philip Anderson