Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to PIP blur?
RipGroove [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2013 05:40 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Am trying to blur part of a video.

Have found that using PIP keyframes is a lot easier and quicker than using effects and keyframes as the PIP keyframe editing is done in the main preview window, which has the abilty to zoom making it very easy and quick to blur a small part of the video and the effect keyframe editing is done in a smaller pop up window (which is a right pain and no good for accuracy).

So, is there any way to use a blur in PIP?

I can quite happliy use PIP to move an image (even my own custom image) around in a video but i need a blur not an image. This lead me to the idea of creating my own blur using photoshop or gimp or something but i've found that unless you have a background image its impossible to create just a blur.

I guess as a secondary question, is there any way at all to create a transparent blur image that can be overlayed over any other image and create a blur?

If anyone from Cyberlink reads this, a PIP blur or pixilate effect would be an awesome addition to Powerdirector :
[Post New]
I do not know if I understood well, you already tried to use the Blur effect, room Efect (F4) it can be adjusted to whatever object blur, beyond the power to create trajectory accompanies it.
Add in the effect of track or even direct effect on the video, select and scroll button keyframe. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
RipGroove [Avatar]
[Post New]
The PIP window is much easier and quicker than the EFFECT window. This is why i want a blur in the PIP room.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RipGroove,

As I do a lot of work in both the Effects Room and PIP Designer, I think I am understanding what you are saying here.
However, adding the Blur option to PIP Designer, is probably not the best solution. Remember the old PiP Desginer?
PowerDirector is, and always has been, a work in progress. And the latest PD11’s functionality and UI, is by far the best PD version so far.
But in PD11 just as in PD10, in the Effects room (when one is wanting to create a Censor Blur that can be tracked via key frames), one still has the limitation of having a Mask Preview window that is tiny. Thus making precise placements and adjustments very difficult.

So instead of moving the censor blur option to another module in PD, the best solution (as far I see it), is to improve the Effects Room module itself.
Every room’s secondary preview screen and functions should be viewable at 100%.

Cyberlink has made great strides is this area in PD11 (e.g. the PIP Designer and Paint Designer rooms). Hopefully these same changes will be made to the UI in the Effects Room, and it’s “Mask” window, via an update or in the next new release.
This has been mentioned in the past, and hopefully some of these suggestions such as you have pointed out (which have been brought up previously), will bear fruit.
It is sometimes a bit frustrating, as member suggestions do sometimes seem to take quite a long time to be implemented. But CL does listen, and they have acted and made member suggested changes to PD in the past.

But again, for purposes of tracking Effects, the tiny Mask preview window is simply too small. And one wonders why this has not already been addressed.
It’s the same with creating a moving “effects” Highlight. That same small window makes precision tracking difficult. So please CL, again we ask… Give us a bigger preview for easier placement.
By way of example, please see. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxf5e6Ry9_o (03:16 to 05:54) to see the issue.

Be it a Highlight effect, or Blur effect, the method/principle for animating/tracking, is exactly the same. Yet it’s quite hampered by the tiny Mask preview screen.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2013 06:00

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
RipGroove [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes that's exactly what i'm talking about : Where can I keep an eye on PD11 updates? As having the mask preview at 100% or more will be the feature that makes me switch from PD10.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
If you click on the Support tab at the top of his page, then choose Software Updates, you can check as often as you want for any PD version updates.
Having said that, and not wanting to burst anyone's balloon, I've got a feeling that this request that we long for, is not going to be implemented via a PD11 update patch. But rather (hopefully), a new feature added in the next (PD12) release.
But I may be wrong.

Meanwhile, another official request sent to this CL Support link, will certainly help further our cause RipGrove.
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/service/technical-support.do

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2013 05:47

RipGroove [Avatar]
[Post New]
Awesome thanks, will do that.
Cranston
[Post New]