CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Oddly, thetrueindians recently post exactly the same message punctuated in the same way.

Quote: I m also facing the same, looking for solutions

If you genuinely need assistance, please ask a genuine question.

PIX
Members,

As a more direct way of making suggestions to improve PhotoDirector, you can use the Rate Us & Provide Suggestions found in the Help menu in PhD.

PIX
Hello again Paul,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our forum

With help from my friends at CL, I've resolved my PhD8 activation issue.

Here, as with other versions of PhD8, the capture date displayed under the Metadata tab is accurate. i.e. it's the same as the capture date shown in EXIF tool, Windows Properties, Lightroom & various other apps.

Unfortunately, that does not explain (or give any clues about) what might be happening with your PhD8.

Could you please download this photo & import it into PhD8. Capture date should display as 2019/05/18. In Windows Properties it's listed as "Date Taken".

PIX
Hello thetrueindians,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum. laughing

Is your problem exactly the same? Are you using PhD8? Under the Metadata tab, are the Capture Dates displaying incorrectly?

Members can only help if you provide specific information.

PIX
Hello Paul,

I have some difficulty testing this right now. The PC I have PhD8 installed on recently had some issues that required reinstallation of CL software. Now, when I attempt to open PhD8, I get an alert telling me it can't be activated because "the product key I entered has been used too many times".

Are there other members using PhD8 that could test Paul's issue? smile

That temporary issue aside, every version from PhD9 to PhD12 displays the Capture Date & Time correctly (i.e. same as EXIF data).

I'm not sure whether it would make any difference but please ensure you have the most recent 3812 patch for PhD8 installed.

Agreed, manually & singly changing each date would be unnecessarily tedious.

PIX
Hello thebrain,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

You may prefer to use the German version of the foum, which can be found here.

English translation:
I have currently been able to clean up noisy material well with the Noise Gate. The effect was saved as a template. So far so good.
My question is whether I can export or import the new Fx as a template directly in PowerDirector in order to use it from there?

When you create custom settings for audio effects, like Noise Gate, you can save your settings as a preset. You can also add that preset to your favourites.

I can see no way to export the preset to be used in PDR.

German translation:

Willkommen im AudioDirector-Forum

Möglicherweise bevorzugen Sie die deutsche Version des Foums, die Sie hier finden.

Wenn Sie benutzerdefinierte Einstellungen für Audioeffekte wie Noise Gate erstellen, können Sie Ihre Einstellungen als Voreinstellung speichern. Sie können diese Voreinstellung auch zu Ihren Favoriten hinzufügen.

Ich sehe keine Möglichkeit, das Preset zu exportieren, das in PDR verwendet werden soll.

PIX
Excellent work optodata!

Here's a screen capture showing a multi-instrument/track piece in the Mix module.

The screen capture was recording my system audio and L/R panning can be heard in playback.

Try optodata's project & let us know if you're able to shine any light on your issue.

PIX
Hello RunnerDuck -

Panning is working here in ADR11.

Here's a short piece showing keyframes set for panning between L/R > L > R > L/R. Playback reflects keyframes set.

""

Here's the produced file. Playback is correct.

""

The same result is achieved in the Mix module.

""

Please find attached the original file used for the screenshots above & the produced file with panning. Could you please test those files in your ADR & report what you find?

Could you also explain briefly what steps you're taking in PDR.

PIX
I thought grouping tracks in the Mix module (see attached screenshot) may have allowed all tracks to be edited (as in cut/copy/paste) together, but (as far as I can tell) it only allows volume to be adjusted across all tracks.

undecided PIX
Hello RunnerDuck,

Welcome to the ADR forum laughing

I'm late to the party, I'm afraid. I saw your question earlier, then started trying to find a way round it. The Split & Remove option optodata suggested was all I could come up with.

We're all agreed, I think, that it's a fairly clumsy option.

My delay in responding was partly preparing a screen capture to explain, & partly because both PDR & my PC were being uncooperative frown

This screen capture is superfluous now, as my colleague has explained it perfectly. but I'll post it anyway.

PIX
Hello again Vydra,

I'm sorry you most recent post on this went unanswered.

You may have read that in the Help file or in other CL information, but it is incorrect.

The Help file states:

Photo Animation
Use the Photo Animation* effect to animate a still photo
Note: * this feature is currently only available in the subscription version of CyberLink PhotoDirector.
, but the animation effects are available in both the subscription & lifetime versions of PhD12.

There certainly are some features only available in PhD365. Check this comparison table.

PIX
Crop & presets issue is resolved in PhD12 (2512 build) & PhD365 (2724 build).

PIX
Hello Christian C.,

Unfortunately, you're correct. ADR cannot import .mid files. You'll find the supported audio formats listed here.

What format are your Virtual Instruments in?

PIX
Hello again Brian,

Yes, your issue with PDR>PhD>PDR round tripping is a far more general issue than optodata's problem with particular images (from Your Phone app).

I'd definitely submit a support ticket, as optodata suggested.

Given that the problem is peculiar to your PC, have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling both PhD & PDR? As you said, the same process has worked for months but was possibly interrupted after a recent update. I'd certainly try that prior to submitting a support ticket.

PIX
Do you think this should be reported as a PDR or PhD issue?

PhD, as a standalone, imports the JPGs from both Pixel5 & the YourPhone app.
PhD, in round tripping with PDR, works fine with the original Pixel5 shots but not consistently with the Your Phone app exports.

Another (off-topic) side note: The original pano shot from Pixel5 displays as a 360° in both PhD & PDR, but not so with the Your Phone app export.

Comparing the original Pixel5 photos with the Your Phone app exports in JPEGsnoop, it's clear that a % of the data has been "stripped". Whether that has any impact, I'm not sure.

One thing (off topic again) that is an issue for both PhD & PDR is that neither of them is able to interpret the RAW files (.dng) from Pixel5 correctly.

Back to the original question, & the OP, perhaps there's something particular about the photos Brian was using that tripped up the process. Perhaps...

PIX
On a side note, other sample photos from Pixel 5 didn't cause the same problem.

Also, I noticed that each time an attempt is made, a new copy of the selected clip is created in the same folder so if you do a bunch of testing you'll want to clean up all the extraneous (0), (1), and (0) (0) clips that get abandonded there.

You're right. Even when PhD fails to open the photo via PDR, it still generates a copy.

PIX
I can confirm that, optodata.

In PDR19 (lifetime), your two photos will not allow PhD to open via PDR. I tested a variety of other panorama shots, either camera generated or assembled manually, with no similar issues.

Two examples:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r6gSXJGSep4oSMoNTo8bGjwkx5kbL-rF/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lN07Nj0KAa87kydFFSHQKqmMEGvAMpf-/view?usp=sharing

PIX
Hello Brian, optodata & my fellow mod,

I'm unable to replicate the issue here using both PDR19.0.2808/PhD12.0.2512 and PDR365 Business 19.3.2724/PhD365 19.3.2724.

Here's a screen capture (recorded just now) showing both Liftetime & Subscription versions.

I can't imagine that using PDR365 Business would make any difference.

PIX
Oh my gosh, optodata! I think I've had too many late nights.

I should have checked more thoroughly in the Restore module. ADR11 (Lifetime License) also has the ReReverb function, which does a very decent job.

My apologies to Falkyron for my lack of thoroughness embarassed & thank you to optodata laughing

PIX
Hello Falkyron,

Let me qualify this reponse by admitting that I am not any kind of audio editing expert. Other members here have far more experience & knowledge in this area.

There are ways to resolve the echo/reverb issue using AudioDirector, but that may require the import of VST plugins. There are dedicated "Deverb" type plugins that are compatible with ADR.

One example is this one from Accusonus. Another is De-Verb Plus from SPL. Unfortunately, both these options require some $$$ to be invested. I have not come across a free De-Verb VST, but my search has not been exhaustive.

PIX
Hello Tim,

With such a large collection of photos I can see how an application like Picasa would have suited your needs, particularly with its ability to scan/monitor your photo folders. PhD doesn't do that, as we've previously discussed.

My guess is that separate Projects might be more for someone like a wedding photographer, where each "Project" represents a client.

My use of PhD may not be typical, but I have separate projects that are based on events, travels etc. Typically, therefore, my projects are populated with no more than 3000 photos & mostly considerably less. So my use of projects would be akin to your wedding photographer example.

In my case, does it make sense to add all of our family photos into a single Project? Are there pros/cons to doing a single vs. multiple projects in this case?

In testing issues for other users, I have built projects of up to 50 000 photos in PhD, & have found that some processes can be slowed e.g. tagging, searching. That's my experience & I've occasionally seen similar things reported in this forum.

Without any experience of working with 150 000 photos in a single project, & based on the above, I'd be finding a way to divide your collection into smaller projects, but I'd love to to report back that my suggestion was completely wrong smile

PIX
Go to: