Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
REopening RAW files issue. Please help
Markdavid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2022 09:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I have a few questions if thats ok. Ive searched the FAQ but was unable to locate the issue Im having. Although I'm sure its there.

I'm very new to Photodirector. When I open a RAW image, work on the image then save it, I'd like to reopen the original RAW picture. Each time I do this photodirector will not open my RAW file. The program just keeps the last file I was working on open. At the bottom of the screen all I see is the current file open. I've tried everything I can do, and getting frustrated. I'm sure it's an easy question but for an inexperienced user sadly it's extremly difficult.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance you can provide.

Mark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2022 09:35

[Post New]
Hello Mark,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing and my apologies that your question has been left for weeks without a response.

When you open a RAW file in PhD, then begin to edit it, PhD records the edits you've made in the project file (.phd). So, when you reopen the project you'll see the adjustments you've already made. That means your RAW file has been modified within PhD, but those changes aren't permanently applied until you export the photo.

When you say "work on the image then save it,", what do you mean? PhotoDirector cannot overwrite your original RAW files because it cannot export in those formats.

PIX PIX YouTube channel