Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello Myemerald,

That's a particular issue I've not experienced with PhD. Thank you for uploading the screenshot showing the problem. Let's try to narrow the possibilities.

1. Does the same issue occur in other photo viewers with that photo? (e,g, Windows Photos)

2. Is the problem occurring with all photos or only particular ones?

3. What options do you have checked under Preferences > Hardware Acceleration?

Could you please upload the original photo so members can test?

PIX
Hello USMC0311,

From your DXDIAG & the attached screenshots, I'm unable to put my finger on a possible cause. Nor am I able to replicate the issue on 4 different PCs here.

Even one very aged desktop (i7-920) slugs its way through the production process. Here's an unlisted screencapture showing the 4 PCs processing videos using the Dispersion effect.

I'd be interested to know the steps you took in preparing your animation, so I can try to replicate them here. I don't know if that's a factor or not.

Have you tried producing a simple dispersion affect as a video? Does that choke too? or is it only when you use "Photo Animation"?

I also don't know whether the hardware is an issue. Your laptop's i9-9980HK compares acceptably well to the i7-11800H in mine.

PIX
Hello Ben W,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

You can do that (apply sparkle & light ray effects) BUT only one effect can be animated.

As an example, under Guided you can:

1. apply light rays to a photo

2. save it as a new photo (with static light rays effect)

3. apply sparkle to the new photo & enable animation

4. save it as a video or GIF file

So you can get the impact of both effects, but only animate one of them.

PIX
Hello Anastacia8178,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum "laughing"

When you create an animation file under Guided > Animation Effects in PhD (which you've done), you can save it as a video file (.MP4 or .WMV) or as an animated .GIF file.

Are you saying that:

1. the produced video or .GIF doesn't show animation when played in other software?, or

2. you cannot import the produced file back into PhD?

Adding background music (as you've found) won't trigger animation. It's just an added effect.

Videos & animated GIFs can only be imported into PhD if you wish to use one of the Video-to-Photo options.

""

This is the statement that confuses me about what you're trying to do:

Projects aren't opening up with the animation after saving them, just a still photo with what would be the animation on them.

Once we understand the issue, I'm sure it can be resolved simply.

PIX
Hello TheDishDoc,

Apologies for missing your post. The must be some issue with my notifications.

Does this screen capture help to clarify your issue?

Trying to create a text box under the layers tab won't let me resise the box properly.

What specific issue is there with resizing the text box? Can you provide any further information?

PIX
Hello QuintinD,

I'm not seeing such a significant difference with the CR3 files I've tested. Perhaps you'd be prepared to share your RAW file, so direct comparisons can be made. I'm not doubting your observations for a moment.

I've uploaded a folder of comparison screenshots (PhD13 & LrC) to Google Drive. I've also uploaded the 2 CR3 files I used for this test. One is from Canon EOS R6 & the other from Canon EOS 90D

If there's an issue we can replicate, we'll certainly pass it on to the team at CL for investigation.

PIX
Hello TonyC,

You're right. It doesn't.

The best I can do is to contact the development team to prompt some action on a compatibility fix. Currently, it would be very difficult to accurately edit these CR3s.

PIX
Hello Louise1791,

You're referring to this hotfix posted by PowerDirector Moderator?

Which version of ADR are you using? Have you installed the most recent patch? Have you previously applied the hotfix files?

I'm getting no distortion when applying reverb in ADR12 (2708 patch), but I honestly cannot recall whether I'd applied the hotfix previously. embarassed

PIX
Hello Veepo,

I think I partially understand what you might be trying to do, but need some clarification.

Firstly, what is it you're trying to do? It sounds like you're trying to combine photos & images to make a new image. e.g. overlaying one image on a photo. Is that right, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Secondly, in what module in PhD are you working? e.g. in the Edit module (Layers), you can add an image by importing from your hard drive or selecting from your existing library.

Once we define the problem, we can get cracking on solving it. laughing

PIX
Hello again Richard,

I'm glad you were able to locate the "Include Subfolders" option.

It makes this screen capture a little superfluous, but I'll post it here in case it's of use to other members.

PIX
Hello RichardJ,

I'm not familiar with the trial version interface, but I'd expect this feature to be the same as the paid version.

After you select Import > Folder, then navigate to the parent folder containing your sub-folders, PhD should provide this option in the Photo Import window.

""

If you have it checked, then import the parent folder, you'll see the subfolders displayed in the Library.

PIX
Hello Tom69 & Dave,

I don't have access to a Yeti Blue, so can't test properly. All other recording devices I've used, with correct PC, mic & ADR settings, appear as stereo tracks in ADR.

To try to track down possible causes of your issue, I've tested recordings using Audio-M Producer (mic) & Microsoft G433 Gaming Headset) on multiple PCs, different versions of ADR & Audacity. Unfortunately, I got the same results each time - audio recorded on both channels.

It's not hard to find (Dr Google) other examples of people having similare issues, though not necessarily with ADR or Yeti Blue.

Have you tested your Yeti using a different PC or another recording application (like Audacity)? That might help narrow the possible causes.

PIX
Hello Birdhunter,

Without totally understanding what it is you're trying to do, my first thought would be to use the Body Shaper tool. In PhD, you'll find it under Guided > People Beautifier.

This tool may not suit your purposes as it allows distortion withing the image edges, but doesn't allow the exterior shape to be altered. See example attached.

It could possibly be used along with different tools in the Edit module, but we'd need to understand in more detail what your task is.

PIX
Hello PK,

I've not seen that reported previously, nor have I ever found a limitation on character count in the Slideshow module.

Just now, I pasted some dummy text (Lorem ipsum - 445 characters) twice into the Text Editor. No issues. Nearly 900 characters.

How many characters are you trying to add?

PIX
Hello again,

To be frank, I've never done a side-by-side performance comparison of different versions of CDR.

It rather depends on your purposes (i.e. how you use colour correction software). For example, the current CDR365 includes an Effect module that is completely absent from CDR7.

For some users, this may make little difference. To others it would be a game changer. It depends completely on what you might want to do with your videos. Most adjustment features are the same, on the face of it but, for your own interest, it would be worth exploring these Effect features.

PIX
Hello detroit123 & optodata,

I've just double checked my emails to confirm what you've found.

One of my CL contacts wrote (29 September, 2021): "We don't have CDR perpetual version anymore..." which confirms that the only CDR purchase option is a 365 subscription.

Oddly, if you go the the CL Support Center under Downloads, you can download update patches for CDR10. The notes state "This patch is not for ColorDirector 365 subscription version." I can't explain that one.

I can also confirm that I don't have CDR10 (perpetual) installed on any PC here. Only CDR365.

PIX
Hello Cfguy,

PhotoDirector has a Background Removal tool (you'll find it under Guided > Extract/Compose), which can be used to isolate a photo's subject. I wouldn't describe it as using AI, but it does a good job if you're prepared to take a little time to get it right.

For removing watermarks & other content, there's another tool available called Content Aware Removal (also under Guided > Improve/Remove).

If you have difficulty applying these tools or getting the results you're after, feel free to post back here. Members will be happy to assist.

PIX
Hello Steve,

Thank you for the thank you.

Of course, you need to find software that suits your needs. We all do. I, myself, use different photo software for different purposes. Your issue with PhD seems to be largely around management (as in photo management).

Thankfully, your "Last Post" didn't have the same impact as the other "Last Post". I wish you well on your quest.

PIX
Hello again,

According to Google Translate, "V ÚPRAVY, ŽÁDNÉ VRSTVY NEJSOU. humoristo." means "IN ADJUSTMENT, THERE ARE NO LAYERS. humourous."

That's correct, there are no LAYERS in the Adjustment module, but if you go to EDIT you can add layers to add text to your photo.

See the short screen capture below.

Google Translation: To je správně, v modulu Úpravy nejsou žádné VRSTVY, ale pokud přejdete na UPRAVIT, můžete přidat vrstvy a přidat k fotografii text.

Podívejte se na krátký snímek obrazovky níže.

PIX
Hello daflik,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing, although you may have already made your exit.

My apologies for having missed your post, which is now 2 months old. Sorry.

I'm sure you're not alone in finding some of the pop up ads annoying, particularly in a paid-for version.

What do you mean by "It cannot be used in full"? Are you referring to adding text? or some other features?

Text can be added under the Edit tab (layers).

PIX
Hello Steve,

I hope I'm able to explain well enough to clarify things for you.

In PhD, "Folders" refers to the folders you've created on your PC. That means the Folders displayed directly reflect the folder structure of imported folders from your computer.

When you "import" folders or photos into PhD, those folders & photos do not get moved or duplicated on your PC (unless you specifically choose that option). PhotoDirector simply records the file path for each folder/photo so it can access them for editing.

You cannot create new folders on your PC from within PhD. Nor can you modify the contents of your PC's folders from withing PhD, except by exporting images.

move them to their final destinations on my disks, either existing or new folders, all within the software package."

You can certainly do that when you export your photos/folders. In the Export Preferences, select your preferred options under Export Destination.

PIX
Go to: