Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You could break the original video up into sections where each section would be between your adjustments to the camera to re-centre the moon. Then use Magic Motion to track the moon in each section. Use a quick fade between sections.

Here's a thread from a while ago...it helped me...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18577.page#96213
I ran a little PD9 Processing benchmark and monitored my system. Its a 4 minute video with 3 H.264 videos in and one H.264 out...all 1080x1920i. I ran it twice, once using all the GPU selections turned on and once without any GPU selections. These are averages after PD9 had got up to speed. System idol numbers are also listed.

I can't figure out how to do a table here so the results are in the attached file....
I talked to a store where I've bought computers in the past (I currently have a Dell) and the guy there said utilization doesn't affect the MTBF of the processor.

I also did some searching around the Intel site and it looks like heat can affect MTBF so if you don't have adequate cooling then that can cause pre mature failure. Processors also have the ability to shut themselves down pretty quick if they get too hot.

WRT efficient programming, PD9 utilizes all cores so I would say thats efficient. Its well document the resources necessary to render HD....
My computer is an I7 with 8 gb of ram. If I'm rendering HD material and not using the GPU, then all processors run between 90 and 100 %. If I use the GPU then they run at a much much lower rate. The higher the % the faster the fan(s) run. This can take some time if the project is large. I've used other video editing software that behaves the same.

So I think this is normal for rendering HD but I've never heard running at 100% for long periods of time is harmfull to the computer. Is there any proof anywhere?

Just to throw my 2 cents in here.

This error is the only real problem I've been having with PD9. I run on an I7 with 8 gigs and lots of available disc space. I've completed a few projects and have created HD discs with and w/o menus, w/o problems.

The problem is when I create DVDs with menus....then I get this error. I always write the files to disc first to check them, and use other software to burn a disc. I would get this error at the end of the Final Output phase. All files would be created except the menu VOB which would be 0.

I originally found that PD9 ran better if I turned off all GPU processing in the Tools Panel. When it came to creating discs, I disabled the Hardware Encoder on the Final Output Panel.

I played around with DVDs with menus with very short projects and accidentally found that if I enabled the Hardware Encoder on the Final Output Panel then the Create Disc (in my case files on the hard drive) phase would complete...no ec003.... error.

Okay, so the answer seems to be Yes. Download the full trial and they will work together.

Another question, what does this
"H.264 encode only on Windows 7 OS or specifc hardware "
mean....from the trial restrictions page?

thx
I have PD 9 and am happy with the product. I'm interested in trying out PD 10 but don't want to lose PD 9 during the 30 day free period. So I has thinking I would try the full PD 10 version for 30 days and then remove it and either stay with PD 9 or upgrade tp PD 10 at that time. I understand if I download the upgrade version of PD 10 then I lose PD 9.

So can this be done?

thx
Quote:
Quote:

Hi, did you try my video and produce an AVCHD disc (produce disc)....just the disc files on your hard drive, not actually writing a disc.

thx

AVCHD disc do not support 1080p60 only 1080p24 @ 18Mbps. If you want to keep 1080p60 then you will need a mediaplayer. If you are getting frame rate judder problems converting to 24fps then I suggest you use 720p60 on your AVCHD disc.

Okay, thanks for the response. I know that AVCHD disc doesn't support 1080p 60 fps. I do want to write discs at 1080 (at any frame rate) so if PD9 can't convert without judder then thats good to know. I was hoping that someone else could confirm this.

It seems strange that PD9 can write a file okay but if the file is part of an AVCHD disc then theres a problem.

thx
Quote: otown -

I think PlayVideo must have downloaded a different video, since the file names are different!

Here's the MediaInfo report of your sample clip & the video produced in PD.

How did you get your frame and bit rate?

After selecting the AVC H.264 1920x1080p (24MBps) profile, I followed these steps...

Cheers - Tony

Hi, did you try my video and produce an AVCHD disc (produce disc)....just the disc files on your hard drive, not actually writing a disc.

thx
Quote: I see your video, http://vimeo.com/28679058, HD is 1280 x 720 P, bitrate 2.5 Kbps, file 3.4 Mb.

I opened in PD9, I created a profile, H-264 AVC, 1280 x 720 P, 6 kbps. (What is the minimum PD9).

I added a text about the video and saved, it was perfect, the file only increased to 9 Mb

Hi, the video is 1920x1080p, 32.34MB, did you download a different video?
Quote: Hi otown -

Just to echo what Nina has said, I had no trouble with jerky playback from your clip...

and when I produced it to the same format & profile in PD (AVC H.264 1920x1080p @24MBps 59.94fps) the video played back smoothly.

Cheers - Tony

Hi, when I produced the AVCHD files the M2TS file was as below...with a different frame rate and bit rate. I selected HD 1920x1080p. How did you get your frame and bit rate?

thx

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name \00000.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 20.5 MiB
Duration : 10s 797ms
Overall bit rate : 15.9 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 40.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 10s 510ms
Bit rate : 14.8 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.298
Stream size : 18.6 MiB (91%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 10s 624ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 581 KiB (3%)

Thanks for the quick reply iNina. I will post a dxdiag. My computer is the same as yours except I have and ATI HD 4670 and am running 64 bit Vista. Could you post the properties/tags/metadata of you youtube file you created. The original file properties are as follows...thx:

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : C:\Users\..............\00002.MTS
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 32.3 MiB
Duration : 10s 437ms
Overall bit rate : 26.0 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 28.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.2
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 10s 510ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 24.7 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 26.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 59.940 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.199
Stream size : 30.9 MiB (96%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 10s 528ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 329 KiB (1%)

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Codec ID : 144
Duration : 9s 945ms

Hi,

I have a new camera that shoots 1080p...59.940 fps. PD9 will recognize the files but when I try to write a video as an HD file or AVCHD/Blu-ray, the result is jerky. I've tried a few things but no success.

Here is a sample clip right from the camera:
http://vimeo.com/28679058

I was wondering if someone can try the clip for me....any ideas would be appreciated. I'm looking for a smooth video with as much detail as possible.

thx....
Just for fun I tried a much larger map (higher resolution) as a background and the jerkyness during the zoom and panning was less...it seemed smoother.

Thanks ynotfish for the kind words. I've been doing videos for years now and have recently moved to PD9 from another brand name video editing software due to HD instability problems that couldn't be fixed or gotten around. PD9 seems much more stable although I did have a few crashes on the latest project. Seems like its a good idea to push the project save button every few minutes. I've never seen PIP before.

Yes I'll have to work around the judders of the background....as you suggested. I also like the timeline tweaks. Looks like you can tweak a PIP object in the timeline.

I did apply the shadows using PIP Designer, but I was asking if theres a way to default PIP objects to use shadows as perhaps set up in a template. Then whenever I started the PIP Designer I would automatically have shadows. Or maybe a way to call up a template after I start the PIP Designer. I tried to use the save button in PIP Designer but it saved a copy of the whole PIP object...including the image...so that doesn't work for me.

cheers
So here's what I "threw" together.
http://vimeo.com/27940834
It shows the functions that are available in PD9....not the artistry of the author . It looks pretty good in HD, full screen.

I only used two features, magic motion for the background map (which ended up a little jerky during the panning) and PIP for the images and videos. And of course the text.

A question, I had to add the shadow to each PIP object manually. Is there a way to set up some kind of template so that the default for all PIP objects includes a shadow defined a certain way.

thx

Thanks ynotfish, thats definitely what I'm after. I'm in the process of putting something together....I'll post it when I'm finished.

I noticed you just posted the video....just wondering if you 'threw" that together in the last day or so? :

thx....
Thanks for the reply, the links and the ideas so far. I realize that this would be a lot of work. I guess the questions are:

- does PD9 have the functions and features to do something similar thru PIP....sounds like mostly

- if I combine a lot of PIP features along with a lot of video clips and images, will PD9 blow up/crash. My computer seems similar to Nina's and PD9 has mostly been running fine for HD projects. Would this be pushing it.

-has anyone else done something like this with PD...would they like to share it

Here is a link to the credit video

http://vimeo.com/27864910

thx

Okay, I found something...
Hi, thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the credits (I think they are called crazy credits) are not like whats in the trailer. As I mentioned above, the credits are more like a video version of a scrapbook only w/o pages, and the objects and text move around to make the credits really interesting to look at.

I'll look around some more to see if I can find an example...

thx...
Go to: