Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way of adding a border or shadow around the text in a text mask?

Put the background video in track 1.
Put the video to play through the title in track 2
With video in track 2 selected, use "Designer" above the timeline and select Mask Designer. Use the "Create a text mask" icon to create the text in the font and size of your choice.

Jeff

Great thx
Once I set the Text Mask up can I go back and edit it?
I have PD 18. Is it possible to have an animated title playing over a video with a second video playing in the letters of the title?
thx
Okay, now I see. thx
Hi, thatnks for the post. I did try a custom mask but as I'm using video clips, not photos, I can't save the masks as custom. Correct me if I'm wrong.
thx
Quote No. You can save a modified mask but not with a video.

I have a hundred of these to do. Is there a work around? How about a later version of PD?
The videos that will popup left and right are landcape and the middle third is what needs to be displayed. I've tried several of the provided masks. Theres one mask with a small midlle part but its not wide enough. Can this mask be modifed? I've tried with no luck. Or should I start build my mask from scratch?
thx

Hey, I did figure it out. Now my problem is I cant save the mask or PIP with a video. Can I get around this?
thx

See if the attached pds using PD18 sample files is at all what you are describing and maybe gives you some ideas. It's unclear to me if you want your left and right alternating clips to fade in and take up full screen or just stay scaled on left or right side. The sample pds has both.

Jeff

Thats what I'm looking for. A great start. Thx
Quote You can give a link to an example video to show users here what you want.

Unfortunately I dont have an example to give.
Hi,
I have over 100, 20-25 second video clips I would like to have popped up on the screen alternating between left and right. So the first will fade in on the left and start. Toward the end the second will fade in on the right and begin playing when the first is done. Then the first will fade out and the third fade in. And so on.
I will show an ongoing video in the background. I know how to do chroma key but not the alternating popups. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
I have Powerdirector 18.
thx
Quote Hi, I have 15-20 video clips that I want to split into segments and then use the segments to create my video.....there might be 30-35 segemnts when I'm done.

Once I take a clip and put it in the timeline and split it...say into 3 segments, is there a way of saving the 3 segments back into the media content area so I can use the segments later?

If I leave all the segments in the timeline it becomes a mess.

I have PD13.

thx

Yes, you can do this.

Split your clips as you want. Then with them next to each other on the timeline go to the top of the timeline scrubber and you will see little yellow/orange triangles - click on the left one and drag it to the start of your first clip. Now drag the right hand one to the end of you clips (your clips should now be highlighted in yellow/orange). Then click on "Produce Range" just above the timeline. This will take you to the PRODUCE page - set this up as you wish and then click start. When you go back to the edit page your saved clips will be automatically placed in the Media Room for you to use when you want. You can now remove the original clips from th timeline.

I hope this helps you

Robert

Unfortunately the clip segments are random till the last stage when I organize them. Also I would be rinterim-rendering the segments which I would rather not do till the final product.
Hi, I have 15-20 video clips that I want to split into segments and then use the segments to create my video.....there might be 30-35 segemnts when I'm done.

Once I take a clip and put it in the timeline and split it...say into 3 segments, is there a way of saving the 3 segments back into the media content area so I can use the segments later?

If I leave all the segments in the timeline it becomes a mess.

I have PD13.

thx
Thanks Tony, the final video is too long to split and deal with...unfortunately. Perhaps someone else might have a solution or has hacked the xml files in the directory.
Quote Hi, I finally got around to using thr Chromokey technique and it works really well....thx

A related question, for the Frozen Space slideshow template, what controls the duration of the show....can it be speeded up?

thx

So I have read how to produce a video from the slideshow and then slow it down...easy enough. What I would really like to do is change the parameters of the Frozen Space style so that the moving around of the pictures is sped up while the display of each picture stays the same....this would speed up the duration. Theres lots of description on changing the background of this style by going into the directory, but not on changing the durations. Has anyone hacked any of the other files in this directory?

thx
Hi, I finally got around to using thr Chromokey technique and it works really well....thx

A related question, for the Frozen Space slideshow template, what controls the duration of the show....can it be speeded up?

thx
Tony's solution is based on Chromakey. Are there any other ways of doing this?

thx
Hi Tony, I am a PDTools subscriber. Where do I look in PDTools. Your examples are what I'm looking for.

thx
Hi, I have PD 13. Is it possible to use something like a postcard style with a video clip running as background rather than a solid background. Just need to know where to start.

thx....
...the quality is almost as good as Blu-ray.....

I think its the same quality. In the past I have created a set of Bluray files on my harddrive then written them to a DVD disc. On my Bluray player the disc played as AVCHD.

cheers.....
You could break the original video up into sections where each section would be between your adjustments to the camera to re-centre the moon. Then use Magic Motion to track the moon in each section. Use a quick fade between sections.

Go to: