Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activate Component message - help please
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I am trying the "Produce" part of my first experimental video. When I try to begin producing a MPEG2, I get a pop-up window that says "You must first activate this feature before using it. Connect to the Internet and try again. Activation is a free and quick process." On another line it says "MPEG2 - Component Activation" and then below that it says "Remaining: 30 days".

When I click the "Activate" button I get another pop-up that reads "Codec activation incomplete. This may be because the internet connection was disconnected or the program activation key is invalid or reached its activation limit."

When I tried to produce in the other formats (MPEG1, H264AVC, etc) I got a similar window, but when I clicked to activate, it activated. Only the MPEG2 is failing.

I am running PowerDirector 9.0.0.2330

The Cyberlink Support link is not loading today, either, so contacting them is not an option, at least for now.

What do I need to do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 04. 2011 16:35

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
First, update PowerDirector. 2930 is the latest version. Activation is something that support will have to fix for you. In the mean time I don't know if a reinstall will help or, just make matters worse since most of it is working correctly. I really don't like all of this activation stuff, but I guess we have to live with it for now. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. I'm now up-to-date with the latest version.

Thanks,
Tony
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nobody else has had this issue? Any help will be appreciated.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

The Cyberlink Support link is not loading today, either, so contacting them is not an option, at least for now.

Hi,
I've provided the Customer support link - you need to visit it and make enquiries.

I'm guessing - your statement indicates to me you have an internet firewall issue preventing the acknowledgement and activation taking place. Look to your system firewall settings and allow PD9 full net access AND the activation process. You may need to seek tech help.

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I eventually got through to them. I'm waiting for their help. They have asked for the same information and same screen shot two times so far.

While I don't think that it's a firewall issue, I'll investigate. I appreciate your input.

Thanks again,
Tony
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
One thing about this activation...some of the formats did activate (MPEG1, H264AVC, etc), so there are no firewall issues. Also, I got the same error pop-up when I tried to burn a DVD.

For both "Produce" and "Create Disk", when I get this error window, there is a button entitled "Try". When I click "Try" the software will work, but there is a message that says something like "30 days remaining".

Thanks,
Tony