Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Product Support
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
What is your experience with Cyberlink's product support? I originally sent them info on my issue 11 days ago. Since then they have responded 3 times, each time asking for the same information/screen shots, etc., but each time they have asked for one more thing. The 3rd request asked me for additional proof of purchase. This request could have been made in the original request for info/screen shots, etc.

I've now waited for 5 days with no answer from them. I need them to get this problem resolved.

Thanks,
Tony
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Did you post your PD9 question in here yet?????? Cyberlinks support is not exactly a barn burner....

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I did. It involves Component Activation.

Cyberlink's "support" has been frustrating and underwhelming so far, to say the least.

Thanks,
Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
I see you've posted here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15043.page#92330
but then nothing else.

Did you read the rest of the thread and see the answers provided?

If you'd provided the ticket number as had gsquaredb you may have been helped further, just by me making an enquiry on your behalf.

Proof of purchase is an essential requirement, especially if CL are to give you a replacement key and download. CL also have to be able to confirm this purchase, if they're unable to do so, you're left with nothing and will not receive any support. So you see, proof of purchase is very important, for them and you.

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I understand that proof of purchase is important. I do not understand why they waited until their 3rd request for that information, after they had previously requested screen shots, sim key files, etc already. My proof of purchase should have been requested up front.

Their first response to my inquiry was 'please provide a screen shot of the error'. When I provided the screen shots, their second message was 'please provide the sim-key file, the hosts file, the CD Key used for installation, and screen shots of the error.' Their third message was "To assist you further, I need to verify your purchase records..." That could have been requested the first time.

I also do not understand why a post in this forum followed by an inquiry by you would speed things up. (No offense intended to you. I appreciate your offer to help.) However, why don't they simply get on it when I request the support? My Ticket ID, however, is CS001035814.

As I stated earlier, the delays are quite frustrating. The project that I am working on is delayed as it has now been 15 days since my initial inquiry to them. It's been 5 days since I provided my proof of purchase.

Thank you,
Tony

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 19. 2011 08:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

"My Ticket ID, however, is CS001035814. "

Ok, I'll ask CL why the response has taken so long and see what the answer is.

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd

Thank you very much. Your interest and efforts are appreciated.

Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
I have had an answer from CL. Customer Support should be in contact with you asap. If you do not receive an email explaining everything, please contact me by PM.

Thanks

Dafydd

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK. Thanks,
Tony
tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
So Dafydd tells me that CyberLink told him that my software is not a legitimate copy. I purchased it on Ebay where it was advertised as brand new. I will work on getting a refund.

What I don't understand is why CL would tell him but they have not told me. It seems as though they are treating me as a software thief. This is frustrating and insulting, since I made no attempt to hide anything. I attempted to legally purchase some software and I was apparently ripped off by a bad Ebay seller. CyberLink has not told me this, but they did tell someone else who relayed it to me second-hand.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
You are misrepresenting what I wrote.

I also wrote on the forum that you should be contacted by support.

I am the moderator of the forum.

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
What I wrote applies specifically to CyberLink. I wrote that "it seems as though THEY...."

The main point is that CyberLink still has not contacted me and it is now nearly one week since they asked for the 3rd set of information.

While I truly do appreciate your efforts, I am very underwhelmed by CL's tech support.

As an aside, the Ebay seller has given me a full refund. He never argued or questioned me. Back to the drawing board now, I guess.

Thanks,
Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2011 19:30

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink Customer support finally contacted me today; 7 days after asking for proof of purchase, 17 days after my original inquiry (which DID include the CD Activation code, thereby providing them with the information they needed to determine that I had been ripped-off by a bad Ebay seller.) and 36 hours after explaining to somebody else that they would not offer me tech-support.

Because it appears that this software works really well, I'll probably purchase it again somewhere. But if I do, I'll have to really hope that I have no technical questions requiring that I contact customer support. I have zero confidence that they will help me in a reasonably-timely manner.

Thanks,
Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony,
So Dafydd tells me that CyberLink told him that my software is not a legitimate copy.

I did not write that to you and CyberLink did not inform me of such. You made up a statement and attributed it to me. You owe me an apology.

tonycog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd
You wrote me the following in a PM:
Hi Tony,
I'm aware of where you purchased the software.
That it has previously been activated and is a second hand product and not sold by official channel or distributor.
The component activation has reached its limit.
That Online Support should have asked for proof of purchase a lot earlier.

You should attempt to get your money back asap, from where you purchased it from.

I stated, referring to you "CyberLink told him that my software is not a legitimate copy". You told me that you knew where I bought the software. (It was Ebay, which is not illegal, by the way, but buyer beware.) You told me that my copy had been previously activated, not sold by official channel, etc. Those statements told me that my software copy is no good and they came from you, via PM. You were the first one to share this info with me. I still can't see what I said that is inaccurate or that misrepresented anything that you told me.

All of that info came to you from CyberLink. Where else could you have learned it?

CL did tell you my copy was no good. Then 36 hours later they got around to actually telling me. I was surprised and disappointed to learn this. I was not looking to use pirated software. My frustrations have never been aimed at you; they are aimed at CL Customer Support. I'm also not angry with CL for refusing to give me tech support on this software, given what I now know. I understand that issue. My frustration with them is for the issues that have already been well-documented in this thread. I'm still grateful that you took your time to inquire on my behalf. Thank you for that.

I will gladly apologize to you for any offense. It's genuine because I have no desire to get into a silly flame war against someone who tried to help me. I just honestly don't see what I said about you that was offensive. Thank you again for your assistance.

I hope one day to ask you and the others here for help in actually editing a video using a legal copy. Until then I again say Thank you.

Tony