Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dear Gurus,

Several years ago I raised an issue that when I burned a BD and played it on a Sony BD player, small irritating horizontal black bars appeared adjacent to moving objects.
This effect was not noticeable while playing the same BD on a computer - on a BD player only.

Clever gurus suggested that this problem was a result of a mixture of source video files shot by different cameras and/or formats. They suggested a good working solution - to produce a MPEG-2 file first and then use it in the new project to burn the BD.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of that clever guru.

Anyway. Several years passed. Two versions of PD have gone to the past. But the problem is still pending. Moreover I found out that it has nothing to do with a mixture of files - homogeneous source files give the same sad result.
Just recently I tried to burn a BD compiled from Sony .mts files directly from PD 10 and again saw the same familiar black bars on my brand new and modern BD player.

Probably I've missed something? Or probably I'm doing something wrong? I cannot believe that Cyberlink sticks with such an abvious bug for such a long time.

Thank you for your advice.
It worked.
Thanks everybody.
Thank you for your assistance.
Please, confirm my suggested step-by-step actions:

1. Remove chapters and menu.
2. Split the project into several projects chapter by chapter.
3. Additionally split 3 projects where Canon files are present into 2 projects each (the beginning with Sony files, the end with Sony files).
4. Render (produce) all small projects into AVCHD (?) files with 1920x1080.
5. Create the new project.
6. Combine all new 1920x1080 files in the new project.
7. Insert Canon files in appropriate places.
8. Insert chapters and transitions.
9. Create the menu.
10. Burn the BD

Thank you.
Thank you very much again for your reply.

If I understood your meaning properly, less time consuming method will be a sfollows:

1. Render 3 Canon files in 1440x1080 resolution (3 files are much less than 260).
2. Replace the original 1920x1080 clips with the new ones (1440x1080).
3. Try to burn the BD again.

Even faster result may be achieved if the Canon files mentioned would be omitted from the project.

Is that correct?

PS: The AVCHD project crashes while burning the BD.
Thank you for your reply.

1. HP Elitebook is quite good; it's Quadcore Core 2 Extreme Q9300 @ 2.53 GHz with 4 Gb of RAM.

2. I did not entirely understand this question. Actually I indicated that I had tried to burn the BD in both 1920x1080 and 1440x1080. No difference.

3. It might be. How to resolve the problem?

4. My PD9 installation crashes if I try to burn this BD in AVCHD format.
I've got a PD9 build 2504 running under Vista 64 bit. The dxdiag files are attached.
I have a project consisting of approx 260 .mts files created by a Sony camcorder in 1440x1080 resolution and 3 .mov files created by a Canon photo camera in 1920x1080 resolution. It contains the main menu with video and 14 chapters. The total duration of the project is 1 h 28 m.
Leaving alone the issues with burning disks in PD9 (I wrote about them in different post (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15905.page), I may note that finally I managed to burn both DVD (by writing the project into folder on HDD) and to BD (as MPEG-2 at 2x burner speed).
The DVD is perfect.
However the BD has a serious problem. While palyng on a Sony BD player small black horizontal bars are visible on a TV screen near vertical lines. The effect is especially visible on moving objects.
I tried to burn BD in both 1440x1080 and 1920x1080 resolutions - no difference.
This effect is almost not visible while palying the BD on a PC with PowerDVD. What's interesting those 3 clips shot by a Canon photo camera (as mentioned above) are absolutely free of this deficiency - they are perfect on a TV screen via BD player.
I have carefully read all posts in this forum that may be releted to this issue (including a similar problem with Panasonic BD player http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15899.page#7911. I did not find any solution to my problem in the previous posts, so I'd really appreciate help from PD9 gurus.
Thank you.
While you haven't yet gone to PD9 and lost a lot of time and effort, please, keep in mind that PD9 is rather buggy and unstable. Please, consider using PD8. It's virtually the same, but it's stable and works perfectly.
To Robert2 S

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 is worth $ 799.00 (http://www.adobe.com/go/buypremiere_pro?promoid=FCRTG). It's also a LOT, but it's not as much as you indicated.
To CubbyHouseFilms

Please, rest assured in my friendliest attitude towards you and other misfortune fellow users of PD. I sincerely sympathize with you and other guys.
There was nothing personal in my post and my annoyance was directed to CL solely.

What's your opinion on the most stable release of PD 8? Is that 2704?
To Librarian

Please, advise if you are happy with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.
I tried CS4 some time ago and found the interface somewhat ugly and not convenient.

Thank you.
To CubbyHouseFilms

Do you happen to work for Cyberlink technical support?
They also ask the same set of silly question without even caring to read the initial message.

The genleman definitely answered all your questions before you had asked them, Read his post first and then ask questions.

I'm not quite sure about CS5 (I will download the trial version today), but as for PD9 I'm quite positive now - it's a buggy product from upside down. It's not worth the money I paid for it. I am terribly sorry for the time (several days) I spent editing the project I cannot now burn.

The attitude of Cyberlink techsupport annoys me. I have the ticket on the issue of crashes while disk burning since February 13. And nothing was done until now. A couple of different guys asked me their standard set of silly questions. What's most funny the second guy answering my second message with dxdiag file attached demanded that I should send him the dxdiag file!

I beleive all people who value their time should abandon Cyberlink and let them go bankrupt.
Thank you very much for your valuable input,
But please, explain what for should I pack the project then import it to PD 8 if if have to re-edit the project anyway? What's the use?
Dear All,

Please, find below my latest results:

1. BD burning succeded by setting the burner speed to the lowest possible - 2x.
2. This did not work with DVD burner - the app hanged again. Actually it did not hang but stopped at 28% and the elasped time timer continued to go on, while the percentage remained the same.
3. The DVD burning issue was resolved by writing the DVD contents to hard drive and burning to DVD afterwards by Cyberling Hi-Def Suite.
4. The bitter problem was discovered on the successfully burnt BD (True HD, Dolby 5.1) - the quality was poor. If you will look at the screen you will notice small additional horizontal lines near vertical oblects (especially moving). This is less visible on a PC with Cyberlink Power DVD, but is clearly visible on a Sony BD player connected to a good and large TV. Inerestingly that the project consists mostly of sony camcorder .mts files and only 3 .mov files shot by a Canon photo camera. The described deficiency is not present at all on .mov files, but is clearly visible on all .mts files

Did anybody face the problem described in # 4 above?

Another general question: does anybody know a method how to convert PD 9 projects to PD 8 projects?

Thank you.
I'm having a similar problem.
A rather big and complex project wouldn't burn. It comes up to 87% of BD burning and up to 81% of DVD burning and then crashes.
My PC has the newest drivers, has 4 Gb of RAM under 64-bit Vista.
And what's important I previously had PD 8 on the same machine which worked perfectly.
Now with PD 9 it's a real trouble.
Does anybody of respected gurus have any ideas? Because it seems that Cyberlink's techsupport doesn't have any.

Thank you.
Go to: