Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector has stopped working
blaven4276 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: hot springs, ar Joined: Feb 27, 2011 09:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded powerdirector9 free trail, downloaded fine opened it up and edited some video clips and had a successful burn, the first time since then it goes through the whole editing of a video down to the burn. When I pres "burn" it freezes up then finally after several mouse clicks a box comes up saying "Director 9 has stopped working and I have to exit out. It performs beautifully until you get to the burn part of the video. I love the product so far but this is a big problem if I decide to buy. Won't if it can't be fixed. HELP, ANYONE !
yk_nb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2011 09:40 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
While you haven't yet gone to PD9 and lost a lot of time and effort, please, keep in mind that PD9 is rather buggy and unstable. Please, consider using PD8. It's virtually the same, but it's stable and works perfectly.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
The trial version does not have everything. Did you do a reboot then run PD and burn?

Even though some do jump in here and will tell you that PD9 is unstable and buggy, not all computers are alike of course some people do have problems with PD9 and less problems with PD8. But then again myself and a lot of others do not seem to have any major problems with PD9.

64 or 32 bit? 64 bit is a bit more touchy than the 32 bit.

What are you trying to render to? .avi, .mpeg4, ??

But we have seen some that were having problems with the trial version, had better experiences with the retail version.

I do not know if the trial version ever gets any update.

And of course the obligatory answer, make sure all your drivers (especially video) are up to date as PD9 is very touchy about that.

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
I just had to butt in here:

yk_nb said:

While you haven't yet gone to PD9 and lost a lot of time and effort, please, keep in mind that PD9 is rather buggy and unstable. Please, consider using PD8. It's virtually the same, but it's stable and works perfectly.

Just an additional info:
my PD9 Ultra 64 2330 functions like clockwork.

You see my specs below.
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Hermis
Newbie Location: Sørum, Norway Joined: Dec 30, 2010 10:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My PD9 Ultra 64 2330 functions like clockwork.

Any good reason you have not upgraded to 2504? ____________________________________________________________________________________
/Svein
Windows 7 64-bit, 12GB RAM, Intel i7 950, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, Canon HV20
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
blaven4276,

Without more information we would be guessing.

Please visit this thread Read Me: Guide for new members. and supply the information requested.

Then we can have a serious look at what might be the problem.

Also like Nina1, PD9 performs without hitch on my system. Specs below. Please do not let the naysayers keep you from trying to resolve the issue.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Svein;

Something like
"don't change horses in the middle of a stream"

As of now, PD9 works fine here with me, so I'll just
hang in there "till the right one comes along..."
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com