Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote welcome back.

... I tried ... Cyberlink PowerDirector 15, Vegas Pro 14. None of them supported 4K .mov files ...

attach 30 seconds of your canon 4K .mov video...
oh happy happy joy joy

If you wish to try my samples, you may DOWNLOAD two files from

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw5zxfKbDTGNQnloVjZLUWRYR2s
Gentlemen,

If you wish to try my samples, you may DOWNLOAD two files from

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw5zxfKbDTGNQnloVjZLUWRYR2s
Dear Gurus,

When I tried to play 4K video shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV on my PC I noticed that the playback was smooth and perfect only when using Canon EOS Movie Utility. The playback on the camera itself was perfect as well.However, while using any other player or video editor the playback was discrete and laggy. The audio was obviously ahead of video.

My PC is good enough – remember that it plays your files smoothly with Canon EOS Movie Utility.I performed some testing with several PCs trying to play 4K .mov files shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and gathered the following statistics:

PC # 1. Windows 7 64 bit.• QuickTime - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.• Windows Media Player – does not play at all, complains on incompatible format.• VLC player - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.• Cyberlink PowerDVD 16 – crashes when opening the file and sends the crash report.• ACD See Pro 10 (embedded player) - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.• Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 (embedded player) - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video. While trying to produce 4K HEVC 264 video in .mp4 container the resulting file is about 10 times less, though plays back smoothly.

PC # 2. Windows 7 64 bit.• QuickTime - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.• Windows Media Player – does not play at all, complains on incompatible format.• VLC player - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.• Cyberlink PowerDVD 14- playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.

PC # 3. Windows 10 64 bit.• Windows Media Player - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video.• Movie & TV application - playback discrete and laggy, the audio obviously ahead of video. I managed anyway to find one Windows 10’64 machine, which played the file smoothly with Windows Media Player.

This was not the result one would like to achieve.The Canon EOS Movie Utility cannot do anything with the video files, it’s capable only of playing and splitting them. But it can neither edit video, nor produce video files.Moreover.I performed further testing and found out that:1. TVs would not play.mov files shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV from USB flash. I tried Sony and Panasonic. Keeping in mind that according to page 420 of the User Guide even if I connect the camera to the TV using HDMI cable I will only see full HD video, I wonder if 4K .mov files shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV can be played on TV at all.2. Page 421 of the User Guide says that I can transfer video files to my PC to view and edit them using standard programs. I reported above the result with video players. The result with video editors is even worse. I tried Adobe Premiere CC 2017, Cyberlink PowerDirector 15, Vegas Pro 14.None of them supported 4K .mov files shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.The bottom line is that I failed to find a method to properly playback 4K .mov files shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV on TV and on PC and edit them on PC.

Of course, I tried to resolve the above issues with Canon support. The answer was surprising: they just said that they just tested their .mkv files with Canon EOS Movie Utility and do not care about anything else.

Cyberlink support simply got bewildered.

I wonder if anybody had better experience with 4K .mov files shot by Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and can educate me on how to handle them with Cyberlink products I love and use for years..

Thank you.
Thank you very much for the hints.
I tried to run the program under a different graphic adapter - built in Intel and it works OK.
So, definitely the problem is in the Nvidia driver.
I have not updated it for a very long time following the veracity: "If the hardware works fine, don't mess with any driver updates". But Lenovo presented this update as a critical one, so I surrendered.
Now I will be finding out the working version of the driver.
Thank you again.
Dear Gurus,

I haven't been using Power Director 11 for several months. For sure it worked well this January.
Yesterday I started the program and it crashed suggesting that I should install the latest update.
I did install it (2812).
However it did not help. The program starts shows the empty project with timeline for just 5 seconds and crashes with the following report:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0"><ID Value="A5E40F0B-88A7-4573-A6CE-8B012B30C6B4"/><UUID Value="S-1-5-21-1644491937-2139871995-682003330-1615"/><SR Value="VDE130411-03"/><ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR11.exe"/><AppVersion Value="11.0.0.2812"/><VersionName Value="11.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultimate"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Professional Build 7601 Service Pack 1"/><GDICount Value="1128"/><VMSize Value="549 MB"/><VGAName Value="Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" DriverVersion="8.15.10.2538"/><VGAName Value="NVIDIA Quadro 2000M " DriverVersion="9.18.13.1100"/><ModName Value="igdumd64.dll"/><ModVersion Value="8.15.10.2538"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/><Offset Value="0x000000000001E6E7"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/></CrashInformation

Cany anybody help?
DxDiag files are attached. Of course all the drivers are up-to-date. The system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Thank you.
Thank you very much for your message.
I do not think the issue is in BD player. As I mentioned before, if the same project is PRODUCED in a mpeg2 file and after that a new project consisting of this one big file is burnt into a BD - everything is perfect. And no black bars.
I do not remember an option you have mentioned in my BD player.
With surprise I found out that I did not receive any useful input from respected PD gurus on my previous topic:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22368.page#119773

Are there any ideas, gentlemen?

One of contributors mentioned that "There are editors here on the forum who create BluRay Discs from Sony mts files (and have done for a few years) and they do not report your issue with output files. "

Where are you?
Once more I observe disappearing posts in this forum.
I repeat my message.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Howeevr I'm trying to compile a MPEG-2 BD and not H.264 BD.
Unfortunately your suggestions are not applicable in the case of MPEG-2 BD.
Thank you for your valuable input.
But I'm trying to compile BD in MPEG-2 format and not H.264.
YOur suggestions are not applicable in MPEG-2 case.
Can you kindly be as kind as to read the initial correspondence?
I clearly outlined that the BD created on the basis of mpeg file shows fine on the same TV.
Moreover there are no problems with DVDs at all. DVDs show fine.
The problem is observed only with BDs created just from the project consisting of source mts files
All source videos in my projects are native 16:9. I do not change aspect ratios anywhere.
7. This is what I did not understand. I'm playing a compiled BD which contains many files. Please, clarify.

Thank you
6. Nothing special - see the attachment
4. Sharp LC-52XL2RU - not changed
5. See the attachemnt
3. See the attachment
I don't know why but one of the previous messages disappeared. I will try to post submit the files again.
Forgot to mention that my camera is Sony HDR-CX550E.
Please, also note that:

1. The 'barred" BD plays perfectly (w/o bars) on a computer
2. If you first produce a MPEG-2 file and use it in the project to burn a BD, that BD will play perfectly both on a computer and a BD player
Thank you again for your message.
Please, look through the information you have requested:

1. Attached two .txt files
2. Attached one .jpg file

to be continued in the next message due to attached files limit
Thank you for your message. I destroyed the BD in question, so I will need some time to re-compile the project and gather the information you have requested. I will revert as soon as possible.
Dear Gurus,

Several years ago I raised an issue that when I burned a BD and played it on a Sony BD player, small irritating horizontal black bars appeared adjacent to moving objects.
This effect was not noticeable while playing the same BD on a computer - on a BD player only.

Clever gurus suggested that this problem was a result of a mixture of source video files shot by different cameras and/or formats. They suggested a good working solution - to produce a MPEG-2 file first and then use it in the new project to burn the BD.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of that clever guru.

Anyway. Several years passed. Two versions of PD have gone to the past. But the problem is still pending. Moreover I found out that it has nothing to do with a mixture of files - homogeneous source files give the same sad result.
Just recently I tried to burn a BD compiled from Sony .mts files directly from PD 10 and again saw the same familiar black bars on my brand new and modern BD player.

Probably I've missed something? Or probably I'm doing something wrong? I cannot believe that Cyberlink sticks with such an abvious bug for such a long time.

Thank you for your advice.
Go to: