Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When Producing Video, Progress Always Stays Stuck at 76 %
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Just so you know, CLCleaner does NOT uninstall anything. On the site that you downloaded from it says "This tool designed to "fool" your PC and allow an overwrite of PD without needing to uninstall. Suitable for PD10." I think the tool simply modifies some CL registry entries perhaps that make the PD installer think nothing is currently installed on your system so it will proceed with installation again.

Jeff
Carlos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2012 17:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with PD10... I use an alternative .. PD 8 on my laptop,and not I make the upgrade on my laptop the PD10
[Post New]
So if it does that, how come when I open the .exe all I see is a .txt file ? I would imagine there would need to be some protocol to overwrite the program.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The zip file (CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.0.zip) contains one file, CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.0.exe. As with most exe files, they are usually run by double clicking on them. Why you have a txt file, I don't know. A couple of screen captures of the file you donloaded, the files inside the .zip file, and the directory that you unzipped the CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.0.exe file to so we can see the size(KB) of the files would help. The file you downloaded was a .zip file, when unzipped, it contains a .exe file. What does your txt file say?

Jeff
[Post New]
This is the text file for PD10.
 Filename
CLCleaner_Pre.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
616 bytes
 Downloaded:
308 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'd try downloading again and see if you have better results. The txt file you have looks like a Pre initialization file for the exe, you shouldn't really be seeing that with a typical download.

Jeff
[Post New]
Downloaded the files again and no difference; still .txt files. Oddly, I can still use PD10 now even after deleting it from my disk via revo cleaner/windows uninstaller. Cyberlink PD10 no longer shows up on the list of these uninstallers.

It's becoming very tangled with this program for me. It's still usable but "not on my disk", still stops at 76 % when producing, and whatnot. I remember having a very similar issue before whereas I could not seem to get rid of PD10, but I eventually did get to uninstall/reinstall it. I guess I will go with that route of action again.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, I'm at a loss for now. As indicated earlier, some screenshots of what you have downloaded would help so one can see file extensions and sizes. From your written description and results it almost appears like the default file association of Windows for either the zip or exe files have been associated to txt. Very odd indeed.

Do other exe files that you have appear as normal, for instance the PD Content installer, like CyberLink.110906_ContentP_II_PCP110812-05.exe ?

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2012 22:48

[Post New]
The CLCleaner .exe files I downloaded for PD10 Content Packs I & II also open up as .txt files.

At this point PowerDirector 10 is basically useless for me. I've never had it this bad before, let alone the previous versions of PowerDirector that I have used over the years.

As logic would go, by now I would have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and subsequently my problems would have been fixed, as has been in the past. But now, the absolute worst has done a bodyslam on me, because I can't even get rid of the damn program on my computer. I have used over 4 uninstallers now to try to scrape PD10 from my hard drive, and all of them have failed.

My only other choice would be to reformat, but I'd rather not go through with all that right now considering that this is the only program on my computer that is really disgusting me with problems....
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/21180.page

I have attached a link to a previous thread from January from a different user which pertains to the same issue I am having with PD10. I install it, it works for a little while, then starts performing terribly and crashing and/or not producing fully, rendering it useless.

The OP in that thread mentions that the only way he was able to get rid of PD10 was to eliminate its registry files, whatever that means I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out on my own right now....

To be honest, I'm on my last leg with this program. If this problem keeps up I am going to ask for a refund and completely abandon this program, because it performs on an absolutely unacceptable level.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The OP in that thread mentions that the only way he was able to get rid of PD10 was to eliminate its registry files, whatever that means I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out on my own right now....

Hi Andrew

I'm so sorry your having this endless battle with PD10.

To totally remove the program from the registry files (use caution and extreme care) as this is an area in your computer you do not want to get wrong.

Windows icon bottom right > in search field type regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Cyberlink (delete folder).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Cyberlink (delete folder)

As I said before use extreme caution

Good luck

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2012 03:49

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew90: If PDR10.exe is still in the \Programs\Cyberlink\PowerDirector10 folder, you can try to get Revo to do a "Forced Uninstall." I have never had that fail to knock a program out of my computer that got stuck half way in and out. I would also follow the advice to check the registry and search for Cyberlink and remove everything Cyberlink (assuming that is the CL program on your computer), but BEFORE that, "Export" your registry to an external storage device using Regedit, so that you can go back. Also make sure that you have a Windows Recovery CD or DVD or flash drive, just in case.

It sounds to me like your installation might have been corrupted. You should not be getting .txt files. If it was my computer, I would go the Revo Forced Uninstall route, clean everything up the best you can, using CCleaner (not CLCLeaner) and then use Regedit and a good registry scanner (I use PerfectRegistry by RAXCO), and then redownload the PD10 files (application and the two content packs). Uninstall Quicktime, go to the Apple site and install the latest QT version, then download and install the PD10 application file, the two content packs, activate, and then download and install the latest patch (1424c).

If you had an aggressive anti-virus program going when you first installed PD10, that might have interfered with the proper installation. Installs can be corrupted for any number of reasons.

From what you have said, you probably don't want to go to all of the work that I have suggested, but that is your call. If you are not comfortable editing your registry, then you should stay away from that. As CubbyHouseFilms has said, you need to be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS when messing with your registry.

I hope that you do find a solution to your dilemma. I had a really rough time a few months ago with Acronis and it was a major amount of work to finally rid my two computers of the beast, computers failing to boot, BSODs, and the whole nine yards. Please let us know how you make out.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Some good news to report: I was able to rid my computer of PD10 by using the forced uninstall feature in Revo Uninstaller Pro. Thank you garioch for mentioning that option. I've had the freeware version of Revo for some time, but realized that the forced uninstall feature is only available in the professional version, so I downloaded a 30 day free trial of it.

I now plan to download PD10 & both content packs.

I will let you guys know how I am progressing.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew90: Glad to hear that the Forced Uninstall feature of Revo worked for you. It always has for me. I purchased three Revo licences for the computers in the household. It is a great product.

We will eagerly await news of how the reinstall goes. Hope it solves your problem, as it has for many others who had a corrupt install for some reason. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
[Post New]
OK, so after a forced uninstall of PD10, I went into the registry and deleted the Cyberlink folder in the HKEY_Current Hive. I wanted my computer to be completely rid of this program so I could start anew on re-installing it. A few hours ago I had PD10 & both content packs reinstalled, and produced my video to see if it wouldn't hang again.

I'm still at a stop sign right now, because the production halted at 41 % this time...

However, this is the base build of PD10 without any of the patches added on. I just installed the latest build, so maybe that will help, but I'm not holding my head up yet.

I am about to produce again, now that I have .1424c. I will report back once I have tried again.
garioch7
[Post New]
Good luck, Andrew.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
[Post New]
Once again, unfortunately the video hung at the 76 % mark in production. At this point, I see 1 or possibly 2 final actions to take. The problem would most likely be resolved if I reformat, which is something I have been considering for a little while now. Another option, although I am unsure of this would work, would maybe be to start a new project and simply load all of the content from my current project onto the new project. Does that make sense ? If so, how would I go about doing that ?

By the way, I really want to thank you guys for staying with me on this issue. The level of support on these forums is enough to keep me using this program, because I feel like I can always rely on the advice & assistance of you guys.

So, thank you very much for all this.
[Post New]
I was finally able to get the video produced to 100 %. I did this by deleting a transition that was placed at the 76 % mark on the timeline.

HOWEVER, a new problem occurs. When viewing my video, there are a load of glitches that appear in it. On many of the clips, the video starts flashing between a black screen and the video content, in quick intervals. Like a flashing black screen that is fast enough to make you uncomfortable.

Now I need to figure this problem out. Hopefully I am right at the brink of solving all of this entirely.
garioch7
[Post New]
Andrew90: Thanks for the update. I have had problems with transitions before myself, doing the same thing: stalling the production to a halt, particularly on "noisy" VHS converted video .mpeg2 clips. I had to do what you did - remove the offending transition to get the video to produce. I think that was mentioned by one of pros earlier in this thread.

As to the poor quality rendered video, that could be due to a number of factors. You should try to produce as close as possible to the original video format. Also, it is possible that there might be a codec issue - some folks download and use FFDShow, which is free (Google it). If you could attach a screenshot of your timeline and provide information on the burn/produce profile that you are using, some of pros might be able to assist you further.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
garioch7
[Post New]
Just another thought, Andrew. If you have Hardware Acceleration turned on in Preferences, turn it off. That might solve the problem.

Have a great day, and keep on trucking and keeping us informed. Together, we'll get you where you need to go.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra