Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm rendering my 4K/50p 150mbps AVC/AAC projects out to an SVRT created profile (MP4) and I notice that the audio has some ringing to it. When I looked at the output format I saw that the audio track is being reduced from 256kbps / 48 kHz (original file) to 256kbps / 24 kHz (produced file). I do not see any obvious option to leave the audio at 48 kHz. Any ideas before I dig further?
Thanks
Nathan
I have no issues with UHD BD HDR playback to a 4K display with both the 1060 and 1070 using JRiver Media Center (note: I'm one of their beta testers, and as of V24 they now have support for playback of both UHD BD and also BD Menu support working - I've tested 70+ discs so far).

If you want me to test playback of a particular clip let me know
Quote Question to our GPU gurus.

I have some problems with 10 bit UHD HEVC 265 video that my GTX960 is unable to handle. Will tle GTX1050 do the trick and how much memory for video?

Eugene

Interesting as the GTX960 was the pick of the bunch for that generation as it is "Feature Set F" (Introduced dedicated HEVC video decoding (Main and Main 10)). 10 Series GPU (including the 1050) is "Feature Set H" (Introduced dedicated HEVC video decoding (Main12)). I've got running a 960/1060/1070 on various PC's and I've not seen issues with UHD BD playback on any of these PCs (or are you playing content from other sources?). FYI - 1060/1070 are in dedicated HTPCs hooked up to 4K HDR displays (the 960 is only my "Main PC" pushing out dual 1080p Monitors)

The new 10 series GPU are faster and I can push "better" algos in madVR, but you really do want a minimum of 4GB of ram these days in the GPU. Stronger GPU's also let you run "better" algos. I'd recoment (if your budget can support it) at least a 1060. Even in my Shuttle HTPC (with a limited PSU), you can get short, lower powered 1060.
FWIW - I went 8700K as it can clock higher than the others. This can be important for apps that are single threaded. For me one of my applications is to do real time transocoding for streaming video to devices over DLNA, the the library that does this is single core for some transcoding tasks. The 8700K does this very well with the exception of 4k HEVC(H265) high Frame Rate (60p) material, even overlocked it just fails to be powerful enough to steam without pauses. Apart from that any upto date CPU and GPU should server you well for PD.
Quote Hi Nathan,
Actually PowerDirector never claims to support MXF, you are lucky if you can edit it normally, maybe you have other codec link QuickTime installed?

Possible. Imports just fine for me.
The actauly "quality" of the video should be identical as XF vs MP4 is about the container that holds it. Edit - That said I see that XF records 4k @ 160mbps, and MP4 is 150mbps. What I've found so far is that several NLE that use the XML data associated with the clip but I have no idea how it is used (if at all) in PD. Unless there is some clear advantage to XF (which I'm currently missing), I'll probably stick to MP4 as well.
My Canon XF400 just got a firmware upgrade that allows me to record in Canon XF-AVC (as well as the existing MP4). I've attached a sample of the footage (120MB) and it contains:

• MXF File : Video File 3840x2160@50fps H264 @ 160Mbps with 4 x Mono LPCM 24Bit/48 kHz Audio

• THM : Thumb Nail File

• XML : The Meta Data for the cip (note: this was shot with default settings, Auto everying + Wide DR Gamma)

The MXF file imports into PD16 just fine (well only one audio track appears but we know about that PD limitation already), but I can not see that it is using any of the Meta data from the XML file . So it has me wondering..... Is there any befefit to shotting in XF-AVC with PD16?

Thanks
Nathan
From their Web site: - https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc18/

30GB+ OF HIGH-QUALITY SOUND EFFECTS FOR GAMES, FILMS & INTERACTIVE PROJECTS

In celebration of GDC 2018 we are giving away 30GB+ of high-quality sound effects from our catalog. Everything is royalty-free and commercially usable. No attribution is required and you can use them on an unlimited number of projects for the rest of your lifetime.
FYI - I also read over at the Adobe forums that they have dropped BD Authoring all together in their latest release of Essentials. Seems a few are talking about coming over to PD. Someone is going to end up filling the demand.
FYI - Response from TMPG on UHD BD Authoring:

-------------------------

Dear Nathan, thank you for your email.

We already sent this to the user's wish list.
At the moment we do not have any information related, but if something comes out, we will let you know via the web site.
Quote Congratulations!

Any methods for UHD burning?

I hope DVDFAB UHD Creator will keept its promise and that sooner than later.

Then there is TSM2UHD, but it does not work with my 265 HEVC 4K produced by PD. Cannot get TsMuxer to complete it's job in the first step.

Both are a work in progress.

These are the first feeble attempts that I know about.

Very impressive camcorder, the XF400

Eugene.

In poking around the UHD Burning, no luck so far but I've tried:

• PD16 : I've found where PD keeps the Disc Burning profiles and can change the settings.... But so far I can not get PD to create 3840x2160 files using the Disc Authoring Menu - If anyone else wants to have a play you will need a DB Lite Broswer/Editor and have a play with this file (make sure you take a backup first) - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\runtime\AuthorPage\Profile.db . I've also had a look through the MoveProduction.dll but it looks like the profiles are all hard coded and ignores the resolution settings in Profile.db - you can bump the encoding rate but not change the resolution or select HEVC encoding

• I've sent a msg off to pegasys as it looks like their TMPGEnc Authoring Works is getting ready to support this (but nothing official) : If I can not mod PD I'll see if this one is more.... flexible!

• DVDFAB UHD Creator is (so far) unuasable

• tsMuxer etc really needs an update to be useful (and that may never happen)

Quote Yeah thats the rub - either a big pro unit or a smartphone/go pro style devices, nothing inbetween. Where are the Camcorder formats....

So, after years of waiting..... I bought both the:

• Canon XF400 (150Mb/s AVC)

• GoPro Hero 6 (67Mb/s HEVC)

I've got plenty to learn about getting the best out of both..... and some gym work to cart around the XF400, but at least I've now got options for UHD at 50/60fps.

Footage for both works fine in PD, with the excpetion of the Multi Stream Mono PCM in the MP4 container from the XF400 (as PD only exposes one Audio Stream). I built a little fix posted in Tool: Converting Videos with Multi Mono to Stereo Tracks prior to editing in PD.

Thanks
Nathan
Quote You opened the audio in AudioDirector or WaveEditor from PD16 and it shows only 1 channel is that.
PD16 shows only one wave but in reality they are 2 L and R channels.

Apologies if I was not clear in my OP. The Canon XF400 records up to 4 separate Mono tracks in LPCM mode (eg you can have a boom mike on Audio Track 1, Lapel Mike on Track 2 etc). This is also the case when just using it's internal Stereo Mike. It does not output a single Stereo Track but Left goes to Track 1 and Right goes to Track 2 as separate mono audio streams.

Unfortunately, PD will only import and process the Audio on Track 1 so you don't get any of the audio from Track 2, 3 or 4 (and hence when producing you end up with a Stereo Track in PD that has only the Left Audio on both channels). What my batch file does is to copy the original Mono Track 1 (Left) and Mono Track 2 (Right) into a new Stereo Track 1 so you get both the original Left and Right preserved.

Thanks
Nathan
Hi Tony,

Yes I've watched the entire series Canon posted... but so much to learn! Looks like with the bigger/better glass and a 1" sensor I've now got depth of field as well for the first time to play with on shots. As this cam is physically much larger than what I'm used too, I'm a bit worried about the practicalities of carting it around (also got a GoProHero6 at the other end of the spectrum).

It's also great having high bit rate (150mbps) UHD @ 50fps though, stuff like how the Audio is muxed is also pressing the boundaries of PD…. and when they add XF-AVC (firmware update TBA) I'll be interested to see of PD handles that (or if there is any benefit over the existing MP4 wrapper).

Also, while that batch file works for me, I could probably knock up a little GUI so users could drag and drop such files into it for pre-processing prior to importing into PD but I presume not many have such files. It's a bit odd that PD does only exposes the first audio streams but then again, this is the first camera I've had that writes each audio input out to it's own track! I guess owners of such cameras use other progs for their workflow.

Thanks Nathan
I've a new Canon XF400 and when recording using LPCM, it writes an MP4 File out with 4 seperate Mono Audio Streams. From what I've seen, and other posts on this subject, it appears that that PD only supports a single Audio Stream (the first one) and that there is no (easy) way of mapping LPCM Mono Stream 1 --> Left, and LPCM Mono Stream 2 --> Right for authoring to a single Stereo Stream.

I could use other programs but..... instead here is a Link to a little FFMPEG Batch that will let you pre-process you clips prior to importing them into PD:

• run over all MP4 files in the folder

• map LPCM Stream 1 --> Left, LPCM Stream 2 --> Right

• copy (not transocde) the Video and Audio (so it is very quick and has no quality loss)

• save it out as an MKV (in the format of originalname.mp4.mkv)

Notes:

• The basic FFMPEG command is "ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -map 0:0 -c:v copy -filter_complex "[0:1][0:2] amerge=inputs=2" -c:a pcm_s16le "output.mkv" and you could change it as needed.

• The FFMPEG version in the Zip file is Windows 64-Bit

Quote My favourite subject again

Why not have 4K burning as a seperate plug in, same as you now have for audio and video.

It would be worth a few hundred for those that really want it.

And it would be a killer if it is compatible with other editors like Pinnacle etc.

Similar to what TsMuxer does now for AVCHD and Blu-Ray, just add UHDHD.

Eugene

PS. And a audio level meter, I asked for that years ago. Thanks for the reminder Treysvideo.

There are a heap of the 3rd party tools now supporting UHD BD.

• libavcodec (LAV FILTERS) for playback

• TS Muxer for muxing 4K content into a UHD Folder Stucture

• eac3to for stream extraction and conversion

• makeMKV for converting to UHD BD to MKV

The only bit missing is be be able to Author a UHD BD. And it is really not that different to BD.
Yeah thats the rub - either a big pro unit or a smartphone/go pro style devices, nothing inbetween. Where are the Camcorder formats....
FYI - libbluray has been updated to include support for non enycrypted UHD BD Playback, so Direct Show players that use LAVFilters can now play these back. Shame we can not actually author such a disk / stucture.
I'm still waiting to move to a 4K Camcorder but I don't want to lose 50/60fps either. Looks like there are now a couple of options in the "Prosumer" range but they are still big, heavy, and expensive. Have I missed any others?

- Canon Vixia GX10 : This thing is 2.5x the size and weight of my trusty pana HS700

- Panasonic Lumux DC-GH5 : In a DSLR Body and I'm not sure how such a physical format would work as a camcorder including picking up lens noise with zooming etc. It's odd that the DLSR side of Panasonic has brought out a 4k/50p device before the Camcorder side

Thanks

Nathan
Quote Looking at various containters I don't see any addition of multi-ch lossless audio options. We still seem to be stuck with DD5.1. Given that high quality/bitrate encoding options available (eg H265 @ 3840*2160 @ up to 60fps) it seems odd to not include at least ONE lossless Multi Channel option even if it is LPCM.... or am I missing something?
Nathan

Unfortunately we have only DD5.1 or stereo, I don't see any consumer level software can produce Dolby TrueHD or dts master audio.

Maybe we can expect FLAC.

At least now we can produce to .mp4 with DD5.1 in v16, that is NEW!

I'd actually expect 5.1 / 7.1 LPCM as an option by now. Royalty free, lossless and is a supported format in just about every container (including BD). Only downside is the size but give how big the Video Track is this is not a major issue IMHO.
Go to: