Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can add 1 extra GB of memory and then it's maxed out. I can also clean my HDD's but my Windows drive has lots of space. I have enabled shaddow files but it didn't alter anything. I've also tried changing all the settings with PD without any success.

It is HD video that I'm editing but my system processed it fine until I reformatted the system. I'm puzzled

Thanks

Nick
Hiya

I've reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit including every update.
I've reinstalled PowerDirector 9 including the 3305 update.

Before doing this I was halfway through editing a video track. I have reloaded this track but now find that when previewing from the timeline the audio and video is out of sync. It seems to get worse as I play it with the video lagging behind the audio.

When previewing the raw video within PD9 (i.e. not from the timeline) it plays fine.

I don't know what's going on because it was working fine until I reinstalled everything. I did install a few different codecs, and AV Splitters and remember getting a little icon in the TaskBar when previewing in PD (icon looked like a flame from memory). I did this long before installing PowerDirector when I was playing around with streaming videos from my PC so I'm not sure if this is the reason why it worked.

I've attached the DXDiag just in case you need to see them.

If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears.

Thanks

Nick
AVI worked much better!
Trying the software. The result I got went from a 19.2mb file to 168mb! The playback quality was actually better than the original for some reason.

I tried converting it again keeping the dimensions the same and got a 31mb file but the quality was aweful.

So how do I convert, having the best quality but without having a massive file?

(I kept it in mpg format btw)
How did you convert it? I don't have any other software at work to do that

Are you able to send it to me?
Hi, I'm using PowerDirector 9...

When using tc_25fps_20mins avi or mpeg I get Unsupported Format.

The tc_29.97fps_df_20min.mov works but that's designed for the US market I assume.

In the UK we use a colon rather that semicolon so it just looks wrong.

Any ideas why it's not working?

Thanks

Nick
Disabling Hardware Acceleration within the PowerDirector application worked
Here is an updated DXDiag:
I've rebooted the computer and have just tried to produce a video that was failing to complete and it is still getting stuck at the same point (switching from one video clip to the next).

The only way I can resolve this issue seems to be remove a frame from the video and keep trying it until it works. This is a pain in the neck cos it knocks everything else out.

I tried it without using any hardware rendering options selected and it still failed at the same point.

At the minute the SVRT option is greyed out so I can't try that.

I'm not at the editing stage with this file anymore so I don't know if PowerDirector will still crash when trying to edit the video but I can confirm that producing the video is still a nightmare.
Hi again

1) Attached

2) Trying this ATI driver now: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_beta_win7-64.aspx

3) Attached

Thanks

Nick
Thanks for your response. New post as suggested...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17277.page
As the subject says, I'm using PowerDirector v9.0.0.2702 Ultra on a respectable PC running 64 bit Windows 7.

I have to save my progress every time I make an alteration because it freezes randomly when using it (have to go into Task Manager and force it to close).

Also when Producing it seems to get stuck sometimes when moving from one video clip to the next (when I check the time index). When this happens the program is still partly running so I can press the cancel render button but PowerDirector doesn't come out of the render screen so again I have to force it to close.

So a mixture of issues that is driving me up the wall.

I posted a question within another topic (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/15413.page#87429) and was advised to start a new topic and post the dxdiag so here it is...

Hiya, I'm sick to death of PowerDirector 9 crashing, freezes, etc. I keep having to save work every 2 minutes just in case it crashes.

When producing it constantly fails and I have to try deleting frames and retrying. It's a nightmare.

I've installed all patches.

Should I get rid of the ATI graphics card? I keep reading posts and notice that people with issues tend to have these cards.

I've just selected the SVRT option and it rendered the video. It's the hardware video encoder option that's really unreliable.

Thanks

Nick
Hi Carl

I tried an animated GIF and only the static image displays. When I Googled this I found that apparently PowerDirector will not run animated GIF's.

Regards

Nick
I'll give it a go later on today. Wish me luck
Hi Baryddth

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a go at that and let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

Nick
Hi

I'm loving PowerDirector 9 but there's a few things I can't work out.

What I want is to have a spinning logo running in the background throughout my entire video. I wanted to have the background transparent but I couldn't work out an easy way to do it. Here is the design:

What I did was have each frame broken down, filtered out the white using the chroma key setting and copied and pasted over and over again in a dedicated video track. This seemed to work fine although there must be better ways of implementing it.

The main problem I have is how I can now apply this logo to existing projects since I can't seem to copy and paste tracks between different projects.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Nick Simpson @ Printerbase Ltd
Go to: