Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Spinning Logo
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I'm loving PowerDirector 9 but there's a few things I can't work out.

What I want is to have a spinning logo running in the background throughout my entire video. I wanted to have the background transparent but I couldn't work out an easy way to do it. Here is the design:

What I did was have each frame broken down, filtered out the white using the chroma key setting and copied and pasted over and over again in a dedicated video track. This seemed to work fine although there must be better ways of implementing it.

The main problem I have is how I can now apply this logo to existing projects since I can't seem to copy and paste tracks between different projects.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Nick Simpson @ Printerbase Ltd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2011 05:01

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You need to create your logo as a separate project.
Render your logo project on it's own.
Save that logo video and place it in PIP in any project that requires it.
You will need to chromakey out the background, but once you get it done, you can use it over and over. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Baryddth

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a go at that and let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

Nick
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
One point.

When inserting a video file into PD where you need it to loop please make sure you correctly calculate the length of the video by frame so you can abutt each gif/video to make a longer logo video.

Dafydd
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll give it a go later on today. Wish me luck
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What I did was have each frame broken down, filtered out the white using the chroma key setting and copied and pasted over and over again in a dedicated video track. This seemed to work fine although there must be better ways of implementing it.

Have you tried making an animated GIF in a photo editor that supports animated GIFs?

You can then place the Gif on a track and expand the duration to the length of your video. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl

I tried an animated GIF and only the static image displays. When I Googled this I found that apparently PowerDirector will not run animated GIF's.

Regards

Nick
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Try the avi in the zip.

You'll need to use chrome key on the white and as it is only 36 seconds long ass additional clips etc to cover the display time you need.

Dafydd

Filename
printerbase15sec003.zip
[Disk]
 Description
logo
 Filesize
570 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
346 time(s)
[Thumb - sduk2010-pd228.png]
 Filename