Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director Ultra 64 freezes when try to 'produce'
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Matchpoint,
CyberLink are requesting your full project to check out.
Please retest using different files (make a small project) and see if you can repeat the issue. if you can then please Export the project and tell me you have it ready for uploading for CL to look at.
File>Export>Pack Project Materials>browse and place in a new folder.
the folder and contents will be required by CyberLink.
thanks
Dafydd
matchpoint10s [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Fort Lauderdale. FL Joined: Mar 09, 2011 16:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I don't really have time to create a project but would be happy to send a project that I know consistently has a problem. Once I create a new folder what should I do with it?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
FTP info sent.
Please check your PM's
Thanks
Dafydd
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hiya, I'm sick to death of PowerDirector 9 crashing, freezes, etc. I keep having to save work every 2 minutes just in case it crashes.

When producing it constantly fails and I have to try deleting frames and retrying. It's a nightmare.

I've installed all patches.

Should I get rid of the ATI graphics card? I keep reading posts and notice that people with issues tend to have these cards.

I've just selected the SVRT option and it rendered the video. It's the hardware video encoder option that's really unreliable.

Thanks

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2011 04:27

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Nick. You should probably have posted this as a new topic instead of attaching to an old thread.

It sounds to me like you may have hardware and or driver issues. I have an ATI card as do many other folks here. If the card is powerful enough, it should work fine. Mine does.

Hardware acceleration and shadow files are known to cause problems. Turn them off.

If you could post a new thread and attach a dxdiag file of your system, we might be able to help you isolate and resolve the problem(s) that are causing your crashes and burns.

Hope this helps a bit. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your response. New post as suggested...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17277.page
norman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2013 10:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with freezing, does this software work or not, there always seems to be "other issues" and not the software
norman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2013 10:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I might be a "newbie" to power director but I have worked with plenty of editing programs that don't freeze.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please post as a new topic.
Forum Moderator