Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD V9 Ultra Crashes/Freezes constantly plus when Producing it randomly gets stuck...
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
As the subject says, I'm using PowerDirector v9.0.0.2702 Ultra on a respectable PC running 64 bit Windows 7.

I have to save my progress every time I make an alteration because it freezes randomly when using it (have to go into Task Manager and force it to close).

Also when Producing it seems to get stuck sometimes when moving from one video clip to the next (when I check the time index). When this happens the program is still partly running so I can press the cancel render button but PowerDirector doesn't come out of the render screen so again I have to force it to close.

So a mixture of issues that is driving me up the wall.

I posted a question within another topic (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/15413.page#87429) and was advised to start a new topic and post the dxdiag so here it is...

[Thumb - Capture.GIF]
 Filename
Capture.GIF
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
233 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture2.GIF]
 Filename
Capture2.GIF
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
132 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2011 04:01

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
1. For your diagnostic file data please follow the instructions (guides below) and provide the full data as a text file. Click the "save all information" button.

2. Your system's GPU drivers need updating.

3. I'd like to see a screenshot of the Edit Workspace/full screen of the project, please.

Editors will be able to help more with just these bits of data given in full.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 13. 2011 06:15

n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again

1) Attached

2) Trying this ATI driver now: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_beta_win7-64.aspx

3) Attached

Thanks

Nick
[Thumb - WorkSpace.PNG]
 Filename
WorkSpace.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
570 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
228 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
505 time(s)
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've rebooted the computer and have just tried to produce a video that was failing to complete and it is still getting stuck at the same point (switching from one video clip to the next).

The only way I can resolve this issue seems to be remove a frame from the video and keep trying it until it works. This is a pain in the neck cos it knocks everything else out.

I tried it without using any hardware rendering options selected and it still failed at the same point.

At the minute the SVRT option is greyed out so I can't try that.

I'm not at the editing stage with this file anymore so I don't know if PowerDirector will still crash when trying to edit the video but I can confirm that producing the video is still a nightmare.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 13. 2011 07:55

n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is an updated DXDiag:
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
680 time(s)
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Have a look at this thread and follow my instructions to turn off GPU acceleration completely, then try producing your project again.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15413.page#75664

There have been issues with ATi cards and PD9. Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

Andrew

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Disabling Hardware Acceleration within the PowerDirector application worked