Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's not a bad compromise while CyberLink and/or NVidia iron out this issue (unless you're rendering 100's of 2 min videos I guess).
Well it didn't take any longer to render on my PC and the end result is now perfect:

Perhaps I don't need to render using the GPU because the PC is a mega powerful i7 beauty.

(Damn, I'll have to change the thumbnail in YouTube tomorrow because I look like I blowing kisses!)
If you read a few posts above, I describe a way of getting around this weird fault...
I have found a "solution"...

If I render it but disable "Fast video rendering technology" and therefore "Hardware video encoder" there is no longer an NVidia icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Also I noticed that Windows wouldn't give me a thumbnail of the rendered video but un-ticking the above option does so there must be something wrong.

Looking at the details of the two videos, the data rate and total bitrates are different:

With Fast rendering enabled: Data Rate: 22560kbps, Total Bitrate: 22816kbps
Without Fast rendering enabled: Data Rate: 25635kbps, Total Bitrate: 25891kbps

Strangely it didn't take any longer to render.

I'll stick with this workaround for now but interested in finding out what's wrong with PowerDirector.

Update... I've just re-rendered another video and that now works too. The working one is 1kbps higher for both the data rate and total bitrate.
Hi everyone

I have just upgraded to PowerDirector 12, which is amazing. I am using NVidia driver version 335.23. For the first time ever I'm having a really pleasant editing experience with no crashes, perfect preview playbacks and quick producing times.

However, when the video produces I'm now getting an NVidia watermark for about 7 seconds in the bottom right! Take a look for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYvQOJGo4eY

So how do I get rid of it?!?!

Thanks

Nick
Upgraded to V12 and everything is now working. Plus V12 is a HUGE improvement over V9 and is far more stable!

Cheers

Nick
Hi Everyone, PowerDirector started playing up (more than usual) and stopped quickly rendering my videos.

I checked NVidia and realised it wasn't happy so forced it to update to the latest driver version 334.89. Now PowerDirector is having a total hissy fit and just keeps "rendering" every few frames.

Can you tell me if this issue will be resolved if I upgrade to PowerDirector 12?

Thanks

Nick
Hi Everyone, bit of an odd one for you...

I am adding a timer to my videos, which is an avi file. I need to have the timer hold on 0:00:00 for a while before it starts. Then I need it to freeze on the final time.

Normally I take a snapshot of the entire screen (full res version of the preview window). Then I have to mess around with a mask transparency so things around it can still be seen moving when the clock starts and stops.

I've just clicked the snapshot button but this time it created a BMP of the timer at 0:00:00, keeping the size to the original video dimensions, which is fantastic. Problem is I can't get PowerDirector to do a snapshot like this again. It's now doing the entire screen like normal.

If you look at the image...

> the file I've circled in red is a snapshot of just the avi - HOW DO I DO THIS AGAIN???
> the file I've circled in blue is a snapshot of the entire preview windows - this is what PD normally does
> the file I've circled in black is a snapshot of the entire preview window when hiding all track except the timer

I would love to take snapshots of a particular frame within a video and overlay that instead of messing around with masks. Any ideas how I did this and how I do it again?

Thanks

Nick
Edited AVI here:

http://www.nicksimpson.co.uk/tc_25fps_20mins.avi
I just found that PD crashed at work but doesn't at home. Wondered whether it was the ATI card that PD didn't like. I know there's been a major patched realised recently so perhaps this is no longer the case.
A graphics card and video card is the same thing isn't it

Is ATI or NVidia best?
It's an i7 machine so we're half way there

So I need to get an extra 4GB of Ram and a better graphics card and I'll be laughing.

Thanks

Nick
So what do you recommend I buy for this PC?
Aha, I think I've got it. Although I've enabled shadow files (which I assume I enabled before reinstalling Windows) the HD video file I'm trying to edit has not completed so I'm trying to preview the HD content. It seems to be taking ages to complete and I just never noticed until now. Another HD video in the same project has finished being shadowed and I can preview that fine.

Funny I've never noticed this before but that's the only thing I can think of.

Is it worth trying the PC I have at work? I just found that PD crashed constantly but I haven't tried it since the latest update. The spec of the PC is:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/4946.page
I know my PC isn't the best but it coped perfectly until reformatting.

When I ran PD I got an icon in the task bar so obviously another program was overriding the usual way of rendering the preview. I'm just trying to work out what I had installed last time. So far I've tried CCCP, FFDShow and FFDShow64... no luck so far.

The normal work PC I use is much more powerful but PD crashed constantly, which is why I tried my home PC and found it to be much more stable. Now perhaps I can switch back to the work PC since their was an update released that may make things more stable (I thought the ATI card wasn't liked by PD so thought that since my home PC used NVidia it would be best to use that).
It's just that the machine worked fine until I reformatted it. The preview was lovely and smooth and in sync. That's the frustrating part.
I reinstalled Windows, installed all updates then installed PowerDirector. The sync issue was there from the start before installing anything else.

I've read that some of the AVSplitters, such as FFDshow are very efficient and I know I had other stuff installed before reformatting everything. It's just trying to work out what I had installed that made PowerDirector run properly that I'm struggling with.
Thanks for the suggestion. In diagnostic mode PowerDirector only asked to start the RichVideo service but there was no audio when playing the preview. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get the audio services running and I've tried lots of suggestions on the web relating to other dependant services but I'm stumped.

It's really fustrating not knowing why processing HD video worked before reinstalling Windows. Do people tend to use PD without installing other codecs, AV Splitters, etc? Do I have an unusual issue?
Does anyone else have ideas as to why my PC would run the preview in sync but since reinstalling won't?

I'm assuming it's some third party sortware that I installed but I have no idea what. Everything I've tried has so far failed to resolve the problem.
I can add 1 extra GB of memory and then it's maxed out. I can also clean my HDD's but my Windows drive has lots of space. I have enabled shaddow files but it didn't alter anything. I've also tried changing all the settings with PD without any success.

It is HD video that I'm editing but my system processed it fine until I reformatted the system. I'm puzzled

Thanks

Nick
Go to: