Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My ticket has finally been resolved.

CS declared my purchase from a unauthorized vendor is deemed invalid and void.

They suggested returning for a refund, so I contacted seller and they sent a RMA and issued a full refund plus return shipping.

So I installed a OEM version of PDVD10 U 3D MII that came with my new LG BD-RW and I am back to no MKV playback after the update patch with Creator 2011 installed.

That is what started this uninstalling / install issue befor my HDD died.

Good Luck,

Perry

Quote: Not yet. I scanned the disk and jacket activation code and sent that along with a screen capture of the Amazon on-line invoice to tech support.

Yes I too had to uploaded the purchase and images a few months ago on another issue before CS would help me, but yesterday was ask to send it again.
I am sorry to hear that this has not been resolved.

With the up-most respect for CyberLink products I am in agreement with the key server issues.

That said, I do understand the need for good protection.

I have the same issue as your op is it resolved yet?

My HDD died and a ticket opened on 1/17 with no reactivation as of yet.

CS already had my key and invoice from working on MKV playback issues with Roxio Creator 2011 codec.

btw the patch will allow mkv play back now with RC 2011 installed but its not watchable, I will work on that after this is fixed.

Funny....I have installed and uninstalled RC many times with no issues while working on this.
Your saying update "2429" will let Roxio-2011 coincide with PDVD-10?
Quote: Hello,
we are investigating this issue - we can see the same symptoms that are described shadetree1

BR
Michael

Thanks for the update!
Yes there is with Roxio and MKV!

Roxio Creator 2011 had it's own codec that were installed on my Windows systems, as Michael had mention.

Unlike VLC and XBMC self contained codec, Creator was messing with PDVD 10 codec.

You will have a fun time uninstalling Creator completely with CCleaner and manual delete but I managed and there is info and tools on there site how-to's.

I also uninstalled PDVD completely and reinstalled to to be clean and all is well finally.

I just installed Creator on my other PC with PDVD 8 but PDVD 8 doesn't play mkv so no issue. I only wanted it for file conversion and capture.

Good Luck!
Thanks to CS I had issues with Roxio Creator 2011 and PDVD 10 on my new HTPC

Completely wiping creator and PDVD then reinstalled PDVD and all is great.

I am even able to stream and watch a 38GB MKV with no issues.
Success!

Thanks to CS this worked and helped to find that I had issues with Roxio Creator 2011 installed on my new HTPC.

Hope users can use this info.

Michael or Admins,

I know this may sound a little desperate (I am) but I wonder if you can answer.

It there a way to officially wipe our install of PDVD and registered key from the server to install the latests trial that is functional and use our key again to activate?

Cyber tracks the cd keys so if we could just remove it from their list it should be good.
Just curious,

Did you install any other A/V related apps after PDVD?
Well I was just able to wipe PDVD 10 trial and install the retail version and all is well so far but MKV.
I'm still waiting to see this issue fixed.

All my libraries are in MKV containers that played fine with the trial.
As the OP reflected, DVD8 Ultra Pack and the DVD10 ultra II 3D trial version worked fine, that is why I purchased it.

It was a week later after the retail install that the issues started.

The new Nvidia GT220 1G DDR3 LP native 1080p cuda works fine, google and read.lol
Hi linxeye,

Your OP was on the 19th and I assume that your (our) issue has not been addressed yet, rigfht? :sad:
Yes, I also used that update for 3D to work correctly and your right, my Panasonic was not detected correctly and I had to changed from auto to manual settings to fix it.

Strange....the Nvidia display manager had detected everything correctly.

Sadly, now nothing will work but DVDs. No 3D, Blu-Ray or MKV.
I have the same software versions and installed as your OP.

Also the same hardware but a GT220 in my HTPC.

Same issue as you including no MKV support.

I hope you have this issue corrected, I posted a ticket yesterday?
Just a note,

I have the same issue a week later after a new install of PowerDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 3D retail.

The same mkv files that played before and with the previous trial version are now not supported.

I sent a report to customer service yesterday?
Go to: