Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK, v2916 patch works perfect with Windows Media Center now, Great Work!

The install still didn't help me with playing any MKV files with PDVD10's file browser though.

Hello Michael,

Ideas?
Hope this helps, CS000969161

Is there anyone looking at this?
I too have been hesitant to reinstall PDVD10 to work with this issue because with an earlier mkv issue (installing/uninstalling) my key was soon rejected and made invalid.
Hmmm...OK,

CS had instructed me to go to the forum with this so I started this thread but still no help here.
Admins,

14 days with no reply.

This is really getting annoying not being able to use PDVD's nice skinned interface to play a movie.
Is anyone able to help with this?

Any Opinions.

Could it be something with the combination of installing, SP1, IE9 and Creator on the system since installing PDVD?

After reading the forums here I check and also have issues with MCE using PDVD for playback, though I had quit using MCE soon after installing PDVD since if worked beautifully and uses the MCE remote so I can't be sure if it is a related issue or not but I just wanted to note it.

When I had IE9 beta 1-2 this wasn't a issue but that was also before W7SP1...lol.

I'm thinking about reverting to IE8 because I'm also now having playback issues with MKV files when using PDVD's file browser to play them. Windows explorer will play the same MKV files with PDVD.

All was fine prior to installing the final IE9 and Creator 2011 after SP1.
Yes, I too have the same issue with WMC SP1 and IE9 installed.
Michael,

IMPORTANT, I have PDVD associated with all my files and while I was browsing my video archives with IE I clicked on one of the MKV files and PDVD started up and played it perfectly.

Surprised I stopped the video and selected another video using the PDVD video tab browser pane and it went back to the bad stuttering skipping issue again. Disappointed I stopped the video clicked on the previous video that had just played perfectly in the pane and it had the same bad playback issues.

Perplexed, I closed PDVD and used IE to browse to the video files again, clicked on the same video that had just failed to play and PDVD opened and playback was beautiful. All repeated attempts using windows explorer to navigate and open any MKV file I have PDVD starts and plays perfect.

Any ideas?
Hello,

I am still not able to find this in settings.

Screen shot attached.
Hi,

I am not able to find where to make this settings change you suggested.

use DXVA in Settings > Video

Here too is a MKV test results of the smallest file I have.

Thanks

OK, I patched to version 2701.51 with no MKV playback improvement.

Is ther something I can try with the settings?

Or any ideas on the backend that I can do?

Well after installing Creator this weekend I am unable to play any MKV files correctly.

They shudder and skip frames.

I have tried different settings and one time I had unchecked all the video settings and PDVD played them beautifully even the big 20+HD MKV files.

The next day boot up PDVD was back to the skipping and stuttering again with no further success with any settings change.

Here is some info attached.

Thanks for any suggestions.

OK,

I will give it a try again.

Thanks for the reply,

shadetree1
Hello,

I wanted to know if this patch has been successful with Creator 2011. The sticky information only reflects Creator 2011 Pro version.

I had issues with PDVD10 (not supported) MKV playback after installing Creator 2011 before, and between uninstalling and installing both programs my PDVD10 key ended up rejected. I then installed the OEM PDVD10 and the v2429 patch but any MKV playback was choppy at best while Creator 2011 was installed.

Now with a new full install of PDVD10 and everything working great I am hesitant to reinstall Creator 2011.

Thank you for any comments,

shadetree1
CS responded fairly quickly when I had my first MKV playback issue but this changed with the key issue.

So I would just wait, and you are right about the request for proof of purchase being the next request.

I received a email apology for my previous purchase of PDVD10 and was told Cyberlink (their vendor) issued them a credit for my returned disk with the invalid key.lol

My ticket has finally been resolved.

CS declared my purchase from a unauthorized vendor is deemed invalid and void.

They suggested returning for a refund, so I contacted seller and they sent a RMA and issued a full refund plus return shipping.

So I installed a OEM version of PDVD10 U 3D MII that came with my new LG BD-RW and I am back to no MKV playback after the update patch with Creator 2011 installed.

That is what started this uninstalling / install issue befor my HDD died.

Good Luck,

Perry

Go to: