Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD10 Ultra3D works properly with trial version and doesn't work with buyed version
doublem70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2010 05:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a bundle version of PowerDVD8, I download the 10Ultra3DMkII version (30 days trial) and I managed to configure my 3D system (TV Panasonic Viera TX-P46VT20 Fw. 2.600 and PC video card with Nvidia Geforce 450 GTS with 260.99 drivers). Seeing working the product I decided to purchase the upgrade. Now after installing the product is no longer possible to configure the 3D (it doesn't recognize automatically detect my 3D HDTV) and activating the playback of 3D Blu Ray disks (3D oceans) pushing the 3D button to activate the stereoscopic playback, I can only enter in 3D configuration and not as before to enable or disable 3D playback. The rest of the settings have not been touched. I tried to preset both 1080 24p and 720p 60Hz with the same result. I wait for your help to solve the problem. Thanks.
Maurizio
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
please contact our Customer Support Team about your issue.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
doublem70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,
please contact our Customer Support Team about your issue.

Br
Michael

Thanks for Your help,
I'm a Italian user, customer support request in Italian or English language?

Bye
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

either is OK - just use the CS team contact form in the preferred language:

Italian:
http://it.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
doublem70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

either is OK - just use the CS team contact form in the preferred language:

Italian:
http://it.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Br
Michael

Thanks, Message submitted to the assistence in Italian by the page of your Link.

Yesterday night I have recognized a new issue... the playback of Blu-ray movie are not smooth like before, now there are delays. The setting for my TV and my HTPC are the same and I think that these 2 issues are connected with the same trouble.

Maurizio MURA
[Post New]
I have the same software versions and installed as your OP.

Also the same hardware but a GT220 in my HTPC.

Same issue as you including no MKV support.

I hope you have this issue corrected, I posted a ticket yesterday?
doublem70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have the same software versions and installed as your OP.

Also the same hardware but a GT220 in my HTPC.

Same issue as you including no MKV support.

I solved the trouble... the auto-update of PowerDVD didn't work and the build installed by the installation was a older version... You can solve downloading the last version dated 26/11/2010. Bye
Ivan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2010 13:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
In response to doublem70 query.. I have the Panasonic TX-P50VT20E, GTX285(2 way SLI) with the latest Geforce drivers, etc. Yesterday, I installed the latest update to PowerDVD 10Ultra3DMkII and was able to get the 3d working. I did have to force it with 1080p at 24p as the recommended auto setup could only detect the old style glasses. The update was release on the 26th and took it to build 2325.
[Post New]
Yes, I also used that update for 3D to work correctly and your right, my Panasonic was not detected correctly and I had to changed from auto to manual settings to fix it.

Strange....the Nvidia display manager had detected everything correctly.

Sadly, now nothing will work but DVDs. No 3D, Blu-Ray or MKV.
Ivan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2010 13:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I did get blue rays to work... I tried all three IMAX blue rays and they were fine considering when they were produced. I also tried Cloudy with a change of meatballs and I saw some clips and they were fine. I just noticed that you have a GT220 graphics card... this isn't listed on Nvidia's website as being compatible for blue rays. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html.. good excuse for an upgrade ;
[Post New]
As the OP reflected, DVD8 Ultra Pack and the DVD10 ultra II 3D trial version worked fine, that is why I purchased it.

It was a week later after the retail install that the issues started.

The new Nvidia GT220 1G DDR3 LP native 1080p cuda works fine, google and read.lol
[Post New]
Well I was just able to wipe PDVD 10 trial and install the retail version and all is well so far but MKV.
rnrprof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 01:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I hae had nothing but problems since buying Powerdvd 11 ultra, versus the trial. I am using an Asus 3d moonitor VG236 with Nvidia 3D pack. Card is Nvidia GTX460. When viewing an mp4 video I can choose analglyph and the out put is decent although not as good as the demo, but when I choose output appropriate to my monitor I get a message that my hardware won't support 3d in "this" mode and that I need to go to full screen mode, which I do, but then all I get is a low resolution single image with NO hint of ANY 3D and no way to change anything. Then wehn I exit the 3D mode all of the graphics and text on my computer are messed up - fuzzy and multiple colors, so much so that I have to reboot to use my system. I have the latest drivers for the Nvidia card as well as their 3D drivers, and the Nvidia samples play like a dream - true 3D, but I am very very frustrated tyring to get the Powerdvd 11 Ultra to work and am ready to give up and request a refund. I have sent 3 requests to cyberlink with as yet no reply. I would prefer to get this working correctly
[Post New]
Michael or Admins,

I know this may sound a little desperate (I am) but I wonder if you can answer.

It there a way to officially wipe our install of PDVD and registered key from the server to install the latests trial that is functional and use our key again to activate?

Cyber tracks the cd keys so if we could just remove it from their list it should be good.
[Post New]
Success!

Thanks to CS this worked and helped to find that I had issues with Roxio Creator 2011 installed on my new HTPC.

Hope users can use this info.