Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How hard is it for Cyberlink to provide a working activation code?
xwray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2010 00:17 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I originally posted on the tail-end of a similar topic but suspect that was not the best thing to do so I am now posting as a new subject in hopes of getting more visibility.

I purchased PowerDVD10 Ultra 3D about 5 months ago and it worked perfectly until I reinstalled my OS and applications from scratch at which point I received a message from PowerDVD stating in effect that the activation code had exceeded the authorized amount. This is not correct since the software had been installed one time on one system! Cyberlink's system made a mistake.

I opened a ticket and was told that as soon as I sent in the proof of purchase I would be given a new code.

I sent in the requested information via attachment to a second ticket on Jan 16. Not only that but the fact that I had opened a couple of tickets when I first installed the software to resolve a couple of questions would seem to indicate to me that Cyberlink would have already had on file my information...what happened between then and now that rendered me unknown?

This seems to me to be more of a trivial clerical issue rather than a complex technical problem that might require a more in depth troubleshooting approach...I would think 6 days is more than enough time to provide a code that works, so if any Cyberlink reps monitor this forum, how much longer should I expect to wait?

<Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface>
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Please forward your ticket number by PM

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
mindragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2007 15:17 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Online technical support is very poor. More than two weeks before they provide a reply. Phone support is no better.
xwray [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

Please forward your ticket number by PM

Br
Michael

Thank you...PM sent <Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface>
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi xwray,

I have forwarded your complain and case - kindly stay tuned

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I have the same issue as your op is it resolved yet?

My HDD died and a ticket opened on 1/17 with no reactivation as of yet.

CS already had my key and invoice from working on MKV playback issues with Roxio Creator 2011 codec.

btw the patch will allow mkv play back now with RC 2011 installed but its not watchable, I will work on that after this is fixed.

Funny....I have installed and uninstalled RC many times with no issues while working on this.
xwray [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have the same issue as your op is it resolved yet?

My HDD died and a ticket opened on 1/17 with no reactivation as of yet.

CS already had my key and invoice from working on MKV playback issues with Roxio Creator 2011 codec.

btw the patch will allow mkv play back now with RC 2011 installed but its not watchable, I will work on that after this is fixed.

Funny....I have installed and uninstalled RC many times with no issues while working on this.

Not yet. I scanned the disk and jacket activation code and sent that along with a screen capture of the Amazon on-line invoice to tech support.

There is such a thing as implied warranty of merchantability which basically says you cannot sell something that will not work as advertised. In order for the product they sold to us to work, Cyberlink has chosen to use a system that is entirely too flaky to provide and keep track of the activation codes required for the product to work. Obviously many people have had and are having problems with that system such that the product Cyberlink sold them does not work or at the very least was out of service for too long time without recompence.

It's one thing to purchase a program that turns out to be buggy (thus the reason for trial periods) or due to unforseen situations/configurations (no software is perfect) develops a problem that requires tech support that may take a while to research and resolve.

This kind of problem, however, is entirely different. The product does not work out of the starting gate (or restarting gate) and Cyberlink seems to be unable or unwilling to perform a simple clerical task and provide to the user in a timely manner whatever is required for their product to work.
mindragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2007 15:17 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Just as an aside...they deleted my post. But Cyberlink Michael did say my support request was escalated.
[Post New]
I am sorry to hear that this has not been resolved.

With the up-most respect for CyberLink products I am in agreement with the key server issues.

That said, I do understand the need for good protection.

huffandy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2010 21:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That's what I am trying for 9 and 10... I purchased the 10 Ultra for an upgrade but need to reactivate both. My system was unstable and I needed to reinstall everything. I guess you are the guy to ask, Michael.

All help is greatly appreciated,
Andrew
[Post New]
Quote: Not yet. I scanned the disk and jacket activation code and sent that along with a screen capture of the Amazon on-line invoice to tech support.

Yes I too had to uploaded the purchase and images a few months ago on another issue before CS would help me, but yesterday was ask to send it again.
xwray [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, it's been 3 weeks since I began my quest to pry an activation code that works out of Cyberlink and still nothing. I have sent them proof of purchase after which I was asked why I had reinstalled the software so many times. Since when is once many times. I have tried my best to explain this to the agent but that was a week ago and has only been met with silence.

This is a pathetic excuse for customer service.

My warning to prospective purchasers of Cyberlink products is BUYER BEWARE if you believe customer service is important because Cyberlink apparently doesn't!

<Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface>
[Post New]
My ticket has finally been resolved.

CS declared my purchase from a unauthorized vendor is deemed invalid and void.

They suggested returning for a refund, so I contacted seller and they sent a RMA and issued a full refund plus return shipping.

So I installed a OEM version of PDVD10 U 3D MII that came with my new LG BD-RW and I am back to no MKV playback after the update patch with Creator 2011 installed.

That is what started this uninstalling / install issue befor my HDD died.

Good Luck,

Perry

Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I bought mine directly from Cyberlink and they have not helped me yet.
jonh33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2011 15:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought my copy on Monday 7th February and my activation code didn't work either. I started a support ticket on the same day and I haven't heard back from Cyberlink. When I submitted the support ticket I didn't realise I needed to attach a proof of purchase and it said not to send two requests for the same problem. So am I to expect that when I do get a reply it will be requesting for proof a purchase and I'll have to wait another week or so for the next reply?
Can anyone tell me how long to expect to wait for Cyberlink to make the first reply?

Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The amount of times varies, try calling 866-585-3251
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And despite what a senior contributor might tell you, DO NOT QUIT!!
[Post New]
CS responded fairly quickly when I had my first MKV playback issue but this changed with the key issue.

So I would just wait, and you are right about the request for proof of purchase being the next request.

I received a email apology for my previous purchase of PDVD10 and was told Cyberlink (their vendor) issued them a credit for my returned disk with the invalid key.lol

[Post New]
Quote: I bought my copy on Monday 7th February and my activation code didn't work either. I started a support ticket on the same day and I haven't heard back from Cyberlink. When I submitted the support ticket I didn't realise I needed to attach a proof of purchase and it said not to send two requests for the same problem. So am I to expect that when I do get a reply it will be requesting for proof a purchase and I'll have to wait another week or so for the next reply?
Can anyone tell me how long to expect to wait for Cyberlink to make the first reply?

Hi John,
please try this:

a) Uninstall PowerDVD 10 form Add/Remove programs
b) Unzip CLCleaner-PowerDVD10.exe [X]
c) Double click CLCleaner-PowerDVD10.exe
d) Call out Task Manager (Press Esc+Shift+Ctrl)
e) In Process tab, end process PDVD10Serv (if any)
f) Delete PowerDVD10 folder, Default Path C:\Preogram files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10
g) Install PowerDVD 9 (the one you want to upgrade from ) again and activate
h) install PowerDVD 10 again and activate

[x] => please check here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
jonh33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2011 15:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Michael. I followed those steps and my power dvd is now activated.