Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I also was having unsuccessful renders and burns until I unchecked HW Decoding & Acceleration on my Crossfire enabled rig.

Unchecked - all good
Bump - any ideas?

1. I have inserted 2 still video captures toward the end of the video. Subsequently I can’t get the Power Tools menu option for any clips after the stills. I would like to change the speed of video clips afterward, but can’t seem to get the option to appear. I can still get the Power Tools in clips prior to the stills.
I had tried that earlier with no luck. Also not sure how that clip got unlinked to begin with. I also just tried deleting the unlinked clip and nothing changed.
Full version
GoPro Hero 3 720P/60FPS - MPEG-4 Movie format

Attached are screen shots. On the Before Stills you will see the Power Tools button available above the timeline, on the After Stills it is not available.

No, I have not tried importing to new project, etc. but that seems like an excessive process for a program of this caliber. You should be able to do it within the project.

Thanks everyone.
So now that I have solved problem #2, does anyone have any insight to #1

1. I have inserted 2 still video captures toward the end of the video. Subsequently I can’t get the Power Tools menu option for any clips after the stills. I would like to change the speed of video clips afterward, but can’t seem to get the option to appear. I can still get the Power Tools in clips prior to the stills.
Turning off Hardware Acceleration worked.
So freeing up 100GB of space on the C: drive is not an option as it is a SSD drive that only has 111GB (formatted) to begin with. The only thing on the C: drive are the operating system and program files. All data is on the D: drive including all the Powerdirector projects. I tried running PD off the D: drive on my last build, but when I reimaged the machine I decided to run it off the SSD.

I will try unchecking the hardware video encoder. I just notice another post that had problems with Crossfire, so I will play around with that.
Good evening everyone. I will admit I am on the far end of frustrated so bear with me. I recently completed a trip to Moab and shot many hours of GoPro video in 720P/60FPS. I have subsequently spent some time trying to get the rough compilation together to show friends and family. The edited video is about 55 minutes long. However, I am running into 2 issues which I will describe below. Following are the informational data files.

2. Every time I try to render the video to put it on a blu-ray disc, PD11 crashes. I select Create Disc, 2D Disc, Blu-ray 25 GB. Settings are:
Movie format (BDMV – with menu)
Widescreen (16:9)
MPEG-2
HD 1920X1080/60i
Dolby Digital
2 Channels

I then go to Burn in 2D, select my blu-ray burner, name the disc, select Burn to disc, and Start Burning. I have Enable hardware video encoder selected. I leave, come back and PD11 has stopped working…
I also tried the Create a folder option (instead of Burn to disc) – same thing, crashes.

1. Which operating system do you use, W7, Vista, XP: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
2. Which version of PD: 11.0.0.2812
3. Which SR number: VDE130411-03
4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment. GoPro Hero3 video recorded at 720/60FPS
5. A detailed step by step description of the problem: See above
6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC? Norton 360 Premier
7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file - not sure how to pull this and didn't find the referenced file
8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict. Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
9. What burning software is installed on your PC? None
10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue? RiData BD-R. Single layer write once, 25GB
11. What background processes / programs running (especially important for problems with the burning)? Mostly standard install stuff. I run a pretty lean machine.
12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment: See attached.
Thanks for the info. I have 11 Ultimate. Based on your answer looks like the Holiday pack is the only one that will work.
I recently upgraded to PD 11, but have some old content packs from prior versions. Can I install them to use with PD11?

From 10:
CyberLink_PowerDirector10_ContentPackI_PCP110812-04
CyberLink_PowerDirector10_ContentPackII_PCP110929-01

From 9:
2_CyberLink_ContentPack_VDE100318-02
CyberLink_HolidayPackV3_1012_MTP101020-01

Thanks.
Ronk - FYI - I have a similar thread here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26291.page
Thanks Eugen157 - I will have t play with that "process" to see how my results come out.

HDedit - I have played with the new build 2418, but have not seen any options in "Create Disc - 2D" for Blu-ray that directly allow me to burn to 1920X1080/60P?

Am I missing something?
Thanks Eugen157 - what are the additional steps or process I would need to follow to get 1920X180 60p onto a Blu-ray...?

Thanks for the help.
Sweet - Thanks!
Good afternoon everyone,
So I received my GoPro Hero3 Black the other day and took it for a spin to record some mountain biking (helmet mounted). I am still new to PD, but would like to determine what the best output option to Blu-ray will be for the source files. I currently recorded clips at 1080/60FPS settings on the GoPro. The source file is an .MP4. Ideally I would like as little conversion (rendering?) to occur from the source to the burned Blu-ray disc. In the 2D disc options it looks like my native source 1920X1080 HD options are:

MPEG-2
- HD 1920X1080/60i

H.264
- HD 1920X1080/60i
- HD 1920X1080/24p
- HD 1920X1080/60i (24 Mbps)

or to get my 60p
H.264
- HD 1280X720/60p

Given the fast nature of the video (mountain biking), my goal is to get the best possible video (i.e. clearest, smoothest), while being able to distribute the video to others (i.e. physical medium - blu-ray/DVD). My system (below) is a strong system and shouldn't have any hardware issues. What are the best settings to use for blu-ray discs? What about when I start to record at some of the higher resolutions (up to 4k - 3840X2160) or FPS (upto 240) options in the GoPro?

Thanks for any help!

Additional Info:
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
MB - Asus P8Z68
CPU - Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
Ram - Corsair XMS3 8.00 GB DDR31600
Primary Drive - 128GB SSD (PD installed here - 40GB free) - OCZ-Vertex 3
Secondary Drive - 2TB (data and files here - 750GB free) - WD Green 64Mb cache
Video Cards - 2X Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 6870 (in crossfire)
Blu-ray burner: Lite-on SATA iHBS212-08
Blu-ray discs: RiDATA 25GB 4X BD-R
DVD burner: Samsung SH-203B
DVD discs: various

PowerDirector Version Build: 11.0.02321
SR Number: VDE121127-01

Anti-virus: Norton 360; Superantispyware, Malwarebytes

No other video editing software

Burning software: imgburn
Go to: