Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 crashes on Blu-ray render of GoPro video
Raife [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2012 21:30 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Good evening everyone. I will admit I am on the far end of frustrated so bear with me. I recently completed a trip to Moab and shot many hours of GoPro video in 720P/60FPS. I have subsequently spent some time trying to get the rough compilation together to show friends and family. The edited video is about 55 minutes long. However, I am running into 2 issues which I will describe below. Following are the informational data files.

1. I have inserted 2 still video captures toward the end of the video. Subsequently I can’t get the Power Tools menu option for any clips after the stills. I would like to change the speed of video clips afterward, but can’t seem to get the option to appear. I can still get the Power Tools in clips prior to the stills.

2. Every time I try to render the video to put it on a blu-ray disc, PD11 crashes. I select Create Disc, 2D Disc, Blu-ray 25 GB. Settings are:
Movie format (BDMV – with menu)
Widescreen (16:9)
MPEG-2
HD 1920X1080/60i
Dolby Digital
2 Channels

I then go to Burn in 2D, select my blu-ray burner, name the disc, select Burn to disc, and Start Burning. I have Enable hardware video encoder selected. I leave, come back and PD11 has stopped working…
I also tried the Create a folder option (instead of Burn to disc) – same thing, crashes.

1. Which operating system do you use, W7, Vista, XP: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
2. Which version of PD: 11.0.0.2812
3. Which SR number: VDE130411-03
4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment. GoPro Hero3 video recorded at 720/60FPS
5. A detailed step by step description of the problem: See above
6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC? Norton 360 Premier
7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file - not sure how to pull this and didn't find the referenced file
8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict. Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
9. What burning software is installed on your PC? None
10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue? RiData BD-R. Single layer write once, 25GB
11. What background processes / programs running (especially important for problems with the burning)? Mostly standard install stuff. I run a pretty lean machine.
12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment: See attached.
 Filename
64RaifeDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64 DXDiag File
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
303 time(s)
 Filename
RaifeDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag File
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
279 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My very first guess is too-little free space on your C drive. PD seems to want at least 100gb free, but this has been a point debated several times here with no real resolution.
Try freeing up some C drive space. Others may chime in with different advice. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have had some problems with hardware video encoder on GoPro videos. You have plenty of CPU, so try unchecking that box and see if it helps. I also agree that more space on the C: drive would be helpful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2013 23:23

[Post New]
So freeing up 100GB of space on the C: drive is not an option as it is a SSD drive that only has 111GB (formatted) to begin with. The only thing on the C: drive are the operating system and program files. All data is on the D: drive including all the Powerdirector projects. I tried running PD off the D: drive on my last build, but when I reimaged the machine I decided to run it off the SSD.

I will try unchecking the hardware video encoder. I just notice another post that had problems with Crossfire, so I will play around with that.
Raife [Avatar]
[Post New]
Turning off Hardware Acceleration worked.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
That is good news. Thanks for the update. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Raife [Avatar]
[Post New]
So now that I have solved problem #2, does anyone have any insight to #1

1. I have inserted 2 still video captures toward the end of the video. Subsequently I can’t get the Power Tools menu option for any clips after the stills. I would like to change the speed of video clips afterward, but can’t seem to get the option to appear. I can still get the Power Tools in clips prior to the stills.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Raife

The Power Tools option is available for movie and still images in the Clip mode

Do you have the trial of full version?

What type of video files are these and where are they located (hard drive, usb)?

Can you provide a screenshot?

Have you tried Importing these clips into a new project and speeding them up and then Producing and then importing these Produced files into your main project?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2013 23:31

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Raife [Avatar]
[Post New]
Full version
GoPro Hero 3 720P/60FPS - MPEG-4 Movie format

Attached are screen shots. On the Before Stills you will see the Power Tools button available above the timeline, on the After Stills it is not available.

No, I have not tried importing to new project, etc. but that seems like an excessive process for a program of this caliber. You should be able to do it within the project.

Thanks everyone.
[Thumb - Before_Stills.jpg]
 Filename
Before_Stills.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
593 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)
[Thumb - After_Stills.jpg]
 Filename
After_Stills.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
619 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
James Dotson
[Post New]
What about the clip between the still shots? What happens if you link the audio and video for that clip? I could not reproduce the problem, but that is all that jumps out at me. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Raife [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had tried that earlier with no luck. Also not sure how that clip got unlinked to begin with. I also just tried deleting the unlinked clip and nothing changed.
Raife [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bump - any ideas?

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Bump - any ideas? 1. I have inserted 2 still video captures toward the end of the video. Subsequently I can’t get the Power Tools menu option for any clips after the stills. I would like to change the speed of video clips afterward, but can’t seem to get the option to appear. I can still get the Power Tools in clips prior to the stills.

Hi

This does sound odd

What type of stills are in the timeline (JPEG, PNG,BMP)?

Can you open up the time line more where these stills are.

My best guess would be that PD is having difficulty 'reading' these files.

If all else fails - import these clips into a separate project and speed up and then re-import.

Any other members out there who can shed some light on this??????????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2013 03:06

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Full version
GoPro Hero 3 720P/60FPS - MPEG-4 Movie format

Attached are screen shots. On the Before Stills you will see the Power Tools button available above the timeline, on the After Stills it is not available.

No, I have not tried importing to new project, etc. but that seems like an excessive process for a program of this caliber. You should be able to do it within the project.

Thanks everyone.
Quote: What about the clip between the still shots? What happens if you link the audio and video for that clip? I could not reproduce the problem, but that is all that jumps out at me.
Quote: I had tried that earlier with no luck. Also not sure how that clip got unlinked to begin with. I also just tried deleting the unlinked clip and nothing changed.
Quote: Bump - any ideas?

Hi Raife,
I tend to defer (wait and see) GoPro issues to user editors such as James who have greater knowledge of the GoPro camera and editing the files it produces. James and other GoPro editors kindly provided sample files a while ago and I have attempted to replicate the issue using those files, without success.

I conclude/guess the issue is a quirk on your system or in the project and none of us can replicate it or maybe there is a gap in the track triggering the display. See if you can find anything by expanding the track display and such. Try and replace the jpg files with duplicates/drag others down to overwrite.

Try anything ...

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2013 03:48