Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you friends for all your posts. For my CAD/CAM sw is recomended profesional Quadro card, but I have experince, that works with GeForce too. On my old computer I used on board HD Grapics 530 and it was also usable. With new 4k monitor I am finding solution for balancing work with photo, video editing and CAD CAM (I believe, it will be OK ). Especially in photo editing I would like to take advantages of 10 bit color depth of my monitor and my info was, that only expensive Quadro cards support 10 bit colors. Today I found link https://www.videomaker.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-cards-now-support-10-bit-color-in-adobe, where is 10 bit support confirmed for RTX cards (Adobe SW). This give me possibility to buy for example GeForce RTX 2060. But I don't know what will be support in PowerDirector for 10 bit colors with RTX cards. Thank you SoNic67 for detailed information. And why 25, 50 Hz video? It's PAL convection and my inertia of thought. You are right, this is kick for me to change it...
Hi, I think about upgrade my PowerDirector to version 18 Ultimate and with this I want to improve current hardware. It is especially new monitor Benq PD2700U (IPS, 27 inch, 4k, 10 bit, 100% sRGB, support HDR 10,...). I will use it for CAD/CAM job, video and photo editing, no games. With PowerDirector I would like to edit 4k videos (25 or 50 fps, 8 bit, 4:2:0, h264 from Panasonic G9). Next step in editing video will be process 10 bit, 4:2:2 records in format, which PD18 supports. Have you any experiences with this monitor and my main question is, what graphics card to choose for this job and what card supports 10 bit processing. For my CAM software I need card with nVidia chipset. Many thanks for your recommendation and knowledges.
After updating my Panasonic G9 I tried to take video in new format - *.mov, 4:2:2/10 bit, 4K, 150 Mbps. 25 fps, Long GOP. After importing video to PowerDirector 16 Ultimate I can not to play and edit it. Is the problem in system or in PD16? Has anybody expeience with this? Can help me PD18? This video file I can replay in SMPlayer on the same computer without problems. Thank you for help.
Thanks ynotfish, in this case I will keep old version and install new...
Thanks for all answers. This is goog message for me...
I am waiting for installing PD 16 Ultimate and I do not know answer for this question: Can this version without ColorDirector use LUTs?
Hi, in following days I will instal new full version of PD16 Ultimate (no upgrade). Curently I have on my PC instalated PD14 Ultimate. I am not sure what is the best way:

-uninstall old version (what directory and files backup? How to protect downloaded efects, titles, styles, ... for next using)

-install new version of PD and old leave without changes? Can work 2 version of PD on 1 PC and can share downloaded content?

Thank you for your ideas and expiriences.
I attached DxDiag file, I consider PD 11 Ultra.
I would like to buy new PD 11 and in this time I think about graphics card. I want to try to use low cost GC:
- GeForce GTX 560 OC or new
- GeForce GTX 650
Now I use PD 10 under Windows Vista 32 bit, bus for GC is PCI Expres 16x 2.0
and I want edit full HD video 1920x1080, 50 fps.
Thanks for your recommendations.
Hi,

I tried to change something in PD10 settings and I found answer for the 1-st question: the PD10 crashes were caused by continuous thumbnails. I switched off this option (Settings -> Editing -> Enable continuous thumbnails on video clips for easy scene recognition) and I worked normally with 0,5 GB video file.
But with this situation becomes the 2-nd question:
-what SW part of the PD10 processes thumbnails and why is not able to calculate them for larger file- what is limitation
in this work, does exist any hidden setting for this?
Bye, Bye
Hi,
I thing, that low disc space isn´t my problem:
-I am working on E: drive, where is more than 1 TB free space and ShadowEditFiles are generated here too
-when I put more small videos on the timeline (their total size is > 150 MB) PD10 works corectly without crash
-when I edited full HD video (1920x1080p, 50 fps, 28 Mbps) with size greater than 0,75 GB, everything was OK too.
But this video was *.mkv format (AVC stream in Matroska container)
-problematic behaviour remains with larger full HD video *.mts after dragging to the timeline. This is following with
crash of PD 10 after about 2 sec. - nothing can be calculated in a short time.
It's enigma for me, what is wrong.
Thanks to everybody.
The attached video was uploaded to specify using format. I have no problem with it too, because it is small file. As I wrote, I haven't problem with small video file, but with larger size - more than about 100 MB.
When I tried to edit the problematic video for the first time, I had installed QuickTime. After this, I uninstall QT, but the result was the same - crashing.
The main question for me is: why PD10 works well with small file and why not with larger video, where I use the same video format.
DxDiag.txt and video sample are attached. Thank you.
I have problem with PowerDirector 10 Ultra 10.0.0.1703. After dragging AVCHD video from media room (created by camera Panasonic DMC-FZ150, 1920x1080p, 50 fps, 28 Mbps, profile High@L4.2) to timeline, PD10 works about 3 seconds and then falls down with message PDR10.exe has stopped working. There is no problem with file about 20 MB, but larger video file with 150 MB crashes. With other formats (AVCHD 1080i, 720p) PD10 works correctly and there is no limit of the file size. I tried to convert this problematic video file *.mts using Format Factory to *.MKV (with the same parametres:1920x1080p, 50 fps, 28 Mbps, only profile was changed to High@L5.0) and work with it in PD10. Everything was OK. Here are some informations from CrashRpt.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0"><SR Value="VDE120314-03"/><ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR10.exe"/><AppVersion Value="10.0.0.1703"/><VersionName Value="10.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultra"/><Is64BitOS Value="0"/><OSName Value="Windows Vista (TM) Business Build 6002 Service Pack 2"/><GDICount Value="1190"/><VMSize Value="918 MB"/><VGAName Value="NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra" DriverVersion="8.17.13.0142"/><ModName Value="CLEdtDemuxer.ax"/><ModVersion Value="1.2.20.4529"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000094"/><Offset Value="0x000576AB"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/></CrashInformation>

Have you anybody the same problem? Did you find solution to this?
Thank you.
Go to: