Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Full instalation of PD16 Ultimate
VaMa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2012 15:56 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, in following days I will instal new full version of PD16 Ultimate (no upgrade). Curently I have on my PC instalated PD14 Ultimate. I am not sure what is the best way:

-uninstall old version (what directory and files backup? How to protect downloaded efects, titles, styles, ... for next using)

-install new version of PD and old leave without changes? Can work 2 version of PD on 1 PC and can share downloaded content?

Thank you for your ideas and expiriences.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2017 16:52

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi VaMa -

Both versions can be installed on your PC, side-by-side, if that's what you prefer. That's what I'd do but your needs may be different.

If you decide to uninstall PDR14 before uninstalling PDR16, you don't need to worry about custom & downloaded effects because they're stored in different places & won't be lost during the uninstall process.

The only things I can think of that you may not want to trash are custom profiles. If you have none, that's irrelevant. If you do, it's a good idea to make copies of:

1. Profile.ini at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0

2. Profiles Folder at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\Language\Enu

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
VaMa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2012 15:56 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks ynotfish, in this case I will keep old version and install new...