Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
@photobro,
glad that worked out for you. i knew that before but it's just to tasky to drag it nicely and it's so difficult to have the exact transition time for all clips..

I used to be on Photodex's ProShow, and man that's seriously the EASIEST to work w/, the workflow design is really really SMART! I wish Cyberlink PD would learn a few tricks from proShow..

sheesh that's a load of extra steps.. but at least it's something to work with. THanks playsound!

PS

I hope the guy's @ PD includes this feature in the next updates....
hi Guys

I can't seem to figure this one out. i know there's a way for PD to apply a certain transition to "all" but i don't want that.. I want to bulk-apply certain transitions to specific sequences of clips... but at the moment the only way to do it is to add the selected transition , and editing the duration, a clip at a time = TOOO TASKY!

Intuitively it should be that one would select the clips (say click/drag) and then apply transitions to the selected clips.. but PD doesn't seem to have this feature...
damn.. working PERFECTLY.. thanks again DrySlot.. happy camper here

cheers.
hi Dryslot

Thanks for the head's up and confirmation! Ill definitely try it..

Ill try to force download the latest off their download site:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

their downloader is making me download an older version

anyway ill update and see what's up. thanks again mate
funny.. i actually want to make sure the Cache director is on my SSD.. to get the most out of PD performance
So I tried the latest patch for PD12:
PowerDirector_2420_GM4_Patch_Patch_VDE131113-01.exe

while it fixed that dreaded "rendering" issue during Authoring.. now I noticed that 3/5 times the videos i produce, no matter what format/setting, are just audio (no actual video)!

The only way to fix this at the moment is turning off hardware acceleration, w/c is a waste of good hardware (GeFroce GTX 770) ...

i'm hoping some of you guys know how to fix this... rendering final output is sooo slow w/o HW Acceleration

Regards to all

hmmm
hi Dafydd

Thanks very much for your tips.. this is a good work around indeed.. only problem is if i want to edit ALREADY IN PLACE transitions, and while i can re-apply all transitions, what if i wanted to edit the first half of all transitions only where the music is slower... i would still need to manually do each of the other half..

Hi guys

coming from ProSho Producer, one of the biggest things i've missed are the easy way to add and edit transitions individually or by BATCH! .. not to mention the sheer number of transitions avaialble right after install

I got myself to sacrifice the many cool transitions in ProShow, but i still cant stop getting frustrated w/ INDIVIDUALLY EDITING transitions in PowerDirector ..

take or example i got a project w/ about 50 clips.. i can easily add transitions to all clips.. but now i need to edit the transition time to .5 seconds only and It seems there is no other way to do this but to do so for EACH transition on each clip! such a hassle..

in proshow i select all the clips i wanted to edit, edit a transion (type, duration etc) and as soon as im done that setting is set to all clips automatically.

Is there really no similar way to do this on PowerDirector?

@Carl

yep i can do it the hard (and free way) but i was wondering of an easier way to do so.. and i thought PD would have this sort of feature already, even thinking the interpolated thing was that ... wasnt it?

@Stevek
thanks.. great ideas there. ill keep em in mind.. but i was kinda hoping there was an easy way to do this w/ PD already.. i guess not.

the videos are in 60fps.. (GoPro has this for 720p HD setting).. i can also have 120fps but at a lower resolution.. i thing the 720 is the sweet spot.

damn. i had to watch that goPro video again. it's so inspiring.

@adrian

wow thanks for taking the time to try a work around. while i've not tried this yet i do get the point and i see how this can work.. however it does require quite a bit of manipulating and dealing w/ the time line and overlaps stuff like gota get it right and all. hehe. sa'll right as i tink that's stll better than having to export a clip just for this effect.. as i've said i'd like to keep my source files to a minimum hehe . i hate the clutter..

so thanks for the idea, this will come in hand..

the only thin now is that this method requires a bit of fade effect.. but if you want a real clean seamless transition i guess either DONT USE stabilization for the clips in question, or export and import a stabilized clip ..

ahh well it's good to confirm that it's not just me haha..

wish PD would fix this , i use this effect a lot (Music video - ish type videos)

I want to work w/ as little source files as possible (save disk space, less clutter and files to organize)

however, if i have to do this then it's ok. i have other software that handles stability and enhancements better.. like vReveal software it's really good.. but i wanted a 1 stop solution for all this, again to avoid dealing w/ many files.. but if i have to then i guess, i have to .. hehe

thanks so much man.
Hi guys

Lemme explain a bit..

I have a 5 second clip w/c i've applied stabilization on..

i cut the middle part of that into its own clip and slow it down half speed..

I wanted to achieve a SMOOOTH TRANSITION between the clips, (normal-slowmo-normal effect)

however the clip w/ the slowmo is the NORMAL FRAME (no stability/ZOOMED @ 100% only vs around 110% on stabilized video).. this results in a not so smooth transition

I had to disable stabilizer on all clips to achieve a smooth transition ...

is this a KNOWN issue? is there a way around this?
Hi Guys

I came across this dude doin super slow motion that looks fabulous by simply using free software to add frames and stuff..

http://vimeo.com/35410369

is there an easy way to mimic this effect? i was looking at frame interpolated tech in Power director and I'm not sure if it was doin the same .. cant seem to tell the difference between the regular slowmo and interpolated slowmo ..

also it would be great to have the option to choose how many frames to add in between or something...

I have a GoPro Hero2 camera and i wanted to do some wicked slowmo like in the promotional video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78

check out the SUPER DUPER Slowmo parts lolz.. like the shot almost looks like a still picture but you know it's moving ever sooo slowly but SMOOTHLY, no frame jumps..
@ALL

thanks...

re HW acceleration and shadow files...arent these things that should make things faster/better? but ok ill try that later when i get back to working on the vids..

and yes i always use the latest stable release of my ATI 5870 2GB Graphics card.. specially since im more aware of this for my gaming...

Re fix/enhance and powertools, yeh i do use them but for the most part i have experienced this freeze issue even when previewing a clip that doesnt have any enhancements on it..

as for C: Drive configuration.. i can have my export file put there, but having my source files there will clog up my 80GB Performance SSD easy.. i can temporarily move the source files there for editing and move em back to D: drive after editing but then PD will lose touch of source files on next open.. so i think i will have to keep it on my data drives (D: E: etc) where i put my albums and videos and all..

@BabIndia

Thanks for the suggestions.. i tried playing w/ the settings.. i even tried LOWEST preview quality and doin it NON REAL TIME.. and swing the marker back and forth through the clips slowly still makes PD Freeze for few seconds

@Stevek
the link does work, perhaps ur browser security software is blocking it coz of the short URL type link...

to answer your questions
1) my current project is composed of about 8 GoPro HD videos roughly around 40 minutes of footage, and right now just a lil over 6 minutes .. see here:
http://d.pr/i/xWYP

2) It didnt matter if it's freshly loaded video or cached/shadow filed, even if im workin on the project for hours already w/o new videos added to the timeline, it still happens. i do notice though that this thing only happens to specific clips from specific video file (just observed it) but i dunno why it would be like this, all videos have same settings 720 60fps, and the other videos i've chopped up that doesnt have this freeze issue are longer/bigger than the ones that has. so it doesnt make sense

3) i'm saving to a WD Black 1TB HDD, but cache is on the SSD .. HDD and SSD are both above 80% efficiency..

4) I always turn off my REAL TIME Scanning feature (i have habit of manually scanning NEW files i introduce to my PC so i have no use for REAL TIME )

5) hmm.. i also use ProShow Producer and that thing works flawlessly ... both ProShow and PD uses shadow files or caches to do this and i would assume PD is better..

anyway i'm just checking w/ you guys if you have any idea why this is so, perhaps this is a known issue or something.. . if it's only me then oh well.. but i would like to explore other things i can do
Hi guys

I have a problem w/ PD 10....
im editing 720hd videos, and my computer is very powerful (quad @ 4.0Ghz 8GB ram SSD win7 x64 etc) .. so this is definitely a PD problem...

You see when i drag the timeline marker to preview scenes,looking for areas to cut and stuff, 3 out of 5 times the preview window can't seem to catch up, it freezes on a frame and no matter where i drag the timeline the preview video doesnt move anymore, then i have to leave it alone for 5 seconds or so and the preview window snaps to whatever scene i have the market set to ... but when i directly click on a spot on the time line the preview window shows it instantly, so i guess it's w/ the running/dragging preview that PP is having problems w/ ... obviously that is a vital feature for ease of preview and for the clip selection process..

http://d.pr/i/WaNI

my videos are all shadowfile enabled so i dunno what's up really..

please advise?
Go to: