Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Apply transition to "selected clips"
BrownChiLD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2012 08:11 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
hi Guys

I can't seem to figure this one out. i know there's a way for PD to apply a certain transition to "all" but i don't want that.. I want to bulk-apply certain transitions to specific sequences of clips... but at the moment the only way to do it is to add the selected transition , and editing the duration, a clip at a time = TOOO TASKY!

Intuitively it should be that one would select the clips (say click/drag) and then apply transitions to the selected clips.. but PD doesn't seem to have this feature...
[Post New]
PD12 unfortunately still does not add trasição the selected clips.
In some cases I add clips on tracks 1 and 2, "lock Track 1" apply transition to track 2.
Drag these to track 1, for the case of more clips or photos.

Is not practical but it is better than nothing.
I do this often with many photos to slide, drag a group of photos for track 2, track 1 by brake lock, apply transitions to the group on track 2.
Unlock track 1, the group return with transitions applied.
Do this as many times as you need.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 27. 2014 12:00

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
BrownChiLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
sheesh that's a load of extra steps.. but at least it's something to work with. THanks playsound!

PS

I hope the guy's @ PD includes this feature in the next updates....
Photobro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2012 00:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - I experienced the same frustration about not being able to add bulk transitions like I was used to in other versions of PD. I have found that you can drag the neighboring clips together (overlap) on the timeline, and a dialog box will appear asking what you'd like to do - cross-fade will be one option. It's worked beautifully, and fades audio along with video. Okay, I'm starting to get you PD 12...
BrownChiLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
@photobro,
glad that worked out for you. i knew that before but it's just to tasky to drag it nicely and it's so difficult to have the exact transition time for all clips..

I used to be on Photodex's ProShow, and man that's seriously the EASIEST to work w/, the workflow design is really really SMART! I wish Cyberlink PD would learn a few tricks from proShow..