Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
is there an easier way to multi edit Transitions???
BrownChiLD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2012 08:11 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys

coming from ProSho Producer, one of the biggest things i've missed are the easy way to add and edit transitions individually or by BATCH! .. not to mention the sheer number of transitions avaialble right after install

I got myself to sacrifice the many cool transitions in ProShow, but i still cant stop getting frustrated w/ INDIVIDUALLY EDITING transitions in PowerDirector ..

take or example i got a project w/ about 50 clips.. i can easily add transitions to all clips.. but now i need to edit the transition time to .5 seconds only and It seems there is no other way to do this but to do so for EACH transition on each clip! such a hassle..

in proshow i select all the clips i wanted to edit, edit a transion (type, duration etc) and as soon as im done that setting is set to all clips automatically.

Is there really no similar way to do this on PowerDirector?

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BrownChild,
Please try the following.
See attached images:

I hope some of that helps.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpd10-201206-pd144.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-201206-pd144.png
[Disk]
 Description
Favorite transition placement
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
367 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd10-201206-pd143.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-201206-pd143.png
[Disk]
 Description
Preferences
 Filesize
214 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
368 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd10-201206-pd143a.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-201206-pd143a.png
[Disk]
 Description
Favorite selection
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
358 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2012 04:51

BrownChiLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi Dafydd

Thanks very much for your tips.. this is a good work around indeed.. only problem is if i want to edit ALREADY IN PLACE transitions, and while i can re-apply all transitions, what if i wanted to edit the first half of all transitions only where the music is slower... i would still need to manually do each of the other half..

BrownChiLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
hmmm
[Post New]
Quote: hi Dafydd

Thanks very much for your tips.. this is a good work around indeed.. only problem is if i want to edit ALREADY IN PLACE transitions, and while i can re-apply all transitions, what if i wanted to edit the first half of all transitions only where the music is slower... i would still need to manually do each of the other half..

What we want the option to apply to the selected clips, that PD not does.
What I do, part the clip in ( track 1), another part the clip in (track 2), so I can block (track 1), while I apply transition in ( track 2) and vice versa.
sometimes I use three or more track

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2012 17:09

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate