Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you so very much! I will start recording in those formats you mentioned and test out the process. I didn't want to record too much at first and then be disappointed that I didn't record in a better format.
I have a Sony Handycam FDR-AX100 and just purchased PowerDirector13. The video camcorder can record in three codecs or formats: XAVC S 4K, XAVC S HD and AVCHD. I would like to use all three. Does PowerDirecto13 support all three? If so, what would be the best Frames Per Second to use for each one?

XAVC S 4K has settings for 30p fps or 24p fps @ 100Mbps and 30p fps and 24p fps @ 60 Mbps

XAVC S HD has settings for 60p fps 30p fps or 24p fps all @ 50Mbps

AVCHD has settings for 60i fps 60p fps or 24p fps at various speeds ranging from 5M to 24M

With PowerDirector11, I had some issues with video and sound being in sync after "Producing" the movie. I was then using recordings from a Canon Vixia HV-30 that recorded 1080i @ 24 fps.

Any recommendations or other feedback would be welcome.
Hello Dafydd,

I just finished with my 2nd test. This time I re-did the entire production adding in the music and the transitions (3), as well as chapter marks. I ended the music, of course, right as the video started to play. I then produced the complete movie in MPEG-4 format. Suprisingly, there didn't seem to be any "out of sync" issues! I also left the Hardware Acceleration On! Finally, I burned a Blu-Ray DVD and it worked great! No "out of sync" issues, not even slightly!

I will continue to produce movies this way. My conclusion is that there must be a processing glitch with the H.264 format and that Music added to a video, seems to cause "out of sync" problems if it runs over the top of captured Video & audio. Turning off or on Hardware Acceleration didn't seem to matter at all.

I will keep you informed if this pattern remains consistent with other productions that I create. Hopefully, this wasn't just a lucky fluke!

Tom from Minnesota
Hello Dafydd,

I'm still having the same issue with H.264 processing causing the "out of sync" problem. I have done a lot of testing this past week. Even though music seems to be the primary cause of the video & audio being out of sync, the problem still persists to a lesser degree. My last test was just 70 minutes of video with a simple title on the front end and an ending title on the back end. No "cross" transitions or music were used. The produced movie still was slightly out of sync, enough to be annoying. This has to be a software issue and I wish someone would admit to it and let us know that they're working on a solution. I'm going to try the MPEG-4 next to see if it is any better.

I do have one question. Does the entire production need to be produced? Could I go directly to burning a DVD after editing? With one of the tests I did, I produced the video without music and chapter marks. Then I addded those components to the produce and immediately burned a DVD. That worked fine, except of course for the "out of sync" problem that persists.

Tom from Minnesota
Ethan,

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only crazy one. I have read that you're having the same issue as I am. I've done so much testing in an attempt to correct the "out of sync" problem with PD10. I just finished "Producing" a 70 minute movie with no crossovers, no music, just the video with a Title in front and one at the end. The H.264 process is causing the video to lag behind the audio! No matter what I do, I can't seem to resolve this issue. It has to be in the software. I have a brand new machine with 1.5 TB drive, 8 GB of Ram on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I'm also ready to give up. I wish they would just aknowledge the problem and work on a solution.

Tom from Minnesota
Hello Dafydd,

Thanks for the info about turning off the Hardware Acceleration function. I believe I already was expiermenting with that already. Nevertheless, I just finished producing a video with a duration of 1:40:00. I saved the Produce without adding in the music and one with the music at the beginning and the end. The one with the music was out of sync. The Produce without the music remained in sync throughout! Again it seems like a familiar pattern. In both cases, I had Hardware Acceleration turned off.

I'm going out of town for a few days, but when I get back, I plan to add music to the produce without the music and process it again. Then I'll burn a DVD and see what happens. Hopefully the video will remain in sync. It certainly seems to me to be a problem with music added to a title that spills over the top of captured video & sound.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue. It would be great to know if any others out there are experiencing the same issue with music causing the "out of sync" issue.

Take care and thanks so very much for you time and attention.

Tom from Minnesota
Hello Dafydd,

My files are stored on drive D: where I've also installed PowerDirector. I keep everything together in D:\PowerDirector Videos. The application was installed to D:\Cyberlink.

Attached is a Print Screen of all processes running before I launch PowerDirector. I'm never running any other program at the same time as PowerDirector.

Thanks again for your help!

Tom from Minnesota
Hello Dafydd,

I thought the same thing with the 3D image, but most of the time I'm using a 2D image but have the same problem with syncing. I did try what you suggested and it seemed to work. I produced the movie without the beginning music. Then I took the Produce file and added in the music and produced it again. I wasn't sure if I could do that, but the video and sound remained in sync. However on another short movie, that procedure didn't seem to work. What I noticed on the second video was a 2 second pause of a video frame and then the video continued. Maybe that is the point from which the video becomes out of sync with the sound. I would have to produce that again to see if the pause goes away with the sound & video back in sync.

Tom from Minnesota
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for some insight! I appreciate it. Attached are two screenshots. Hope they are useful. I may try adding the audio after producing the movie before I burn the disk. That sounds like it might work. The transition type I always use is "cross" which I also prefer.

How can you remove the blank tracks? I noticed number 2 for video and audio that are present by default, although I have never used any tracks other then number 1 and the track at the bottom for music. I tried deleting the empty tracts but they don't disapear.

The problem I have with the video & sound being out of sync, is that it isn't detected until I burn a DVD! I can preview the video after Producing and everything appears just fine. I have to burn a DVD and then play it back using the DVD on the computer to see if everything is in sync. My suspicion is that the problem begins right away, at the beginning of my caputured video, and continues to "grow" in distance (i.e. the "out of sync" becomes greater frame after frame, until it appears to be about 3-4 seconds out of sync).

In this video, I can't tell if the sound & video is "out of sync" until the screen shot I've attached. So often, you hear sound but the video is of something else. I'm talking a lot of the time, but the camera is focused on a different subject. I have to wait until the subject I'm filming is also speaking to see if I'm "in sync" or not.

Please let me know if I can send something else or if you have any other thoughts. I really appreciate your time. Enjoy your Easter.

Tom from Minnesota
Hello Dafydd,

I believe I have the problem resolved, but I'm not really happy about it. The cause was when I had a music file (including a *.wav) starting at the beginning of a movie, playing through the title, transition and during the first part of my video. This was causing the video & sound to become out of sync a little at a time until further on down the video when it becomes 3-4 seconds off! When I cut off the music, right when the video stars at the transition point, the video remains in sync! My understanding was that you should be able to add a music track wherever you want in PowerDirector. That is why it has that separte track at the bottom of the timeline, right?

Splitting the movie into smaller segments has also helped with other nagging issues, but I still had the out of sync problem on a 25 minute video. The real culprit here is a music clip added to the movie. Is there something else I should be doing in PowerDirector that would alow me to play a music clip from the beginning with the title and continue and slowly fad away into the background of my video?
Here's the Print Screen. Hopefully this is what you wanted.

Tom
I'm trying again to send one file at a time. Hopefully it will work.
Hello Dafydd,

Thanks for your help. I've been trying to attach the files requested, but when I submit it seems to go on forever and nothing gets sent! I tried sending one file at a time and also zipped each one. For whatever reason, the system is not alowing me to attach a file. Any ideas?

Tom
I'm having a problem with the video becomming 2-3 seconds behind the sound when I burn a DVD. The computer is a new Windows 7 64-bit system with 8GB of memory. I have plenty of space on my 1.5 TB drive. I have also downloaded and installed the lastest patch .1424c. I have a 10X Light-Scribe Blu-Ray burner. The problem occurs whether or not I burn to a regular DVD or a Blu-Ray DVD. The sound and video are fine at first, but slowly become out of sync with the video falling behind 2-3 seconds. The Capture, Edit and Produce files all appear to be fine. But when I burn the DVD, the problem occurs during playback on my computer as well as a new Sony Blu-Ray player attached to the TV. I've expiermented with several formats including *.avi, *.mpeg-2, *.wmv and *.H.264 for the Blu-Ray disk. All formats and different disk media had the same results. I also tried burning the DVD with different DVD menus as well as with no menu. I tried Dual Channel sound and the Dolby 5.1 options. Right now I'm not sure what else to try or what can be done to resolve this issue. I'm planning to produce other movies to see if this problem is consistent. Any help out there would be appreciated.

Tom from Minnesota
I'm also having a problem with my video and audio syncing! I have installed the latest update and my system runs Windows 7 64-bit. I have 8 GBs of ram and more than enough space on my hard drive. I have no problem with editing, nor with the final produce. When I preview the produce, video and audio are still in sync. The problem is when I burn a DVD. I've tried 2 Dual Channels and the Dolby 5.1 options. I've burned the DVD with different DVD Menus and also without a menu. The same problem persists. The video will end up about 2-3 seconds slower than the audio.
Go to: