Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with PD10 syncing video with audio
brollie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2012 00:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've purchased PD10 online and so far I regret it. When I set the video to go with the music and everything syncs first time through, when I rewatch the video, it's out of sync. I start it over and watch it from the beginning it's back in sync, play it again, out of sync. Its very annoying! I've updated the software and everything. Not sure what's going on. Any suggestions?

Here are my PC specs:

Intel i7 970 3.20GHz (6 Core)
12GB DDR3
160GB Solid State HD SATA3 (Windows 7 ultimate loaded)
HIS Radeon 6970 2GB GDDR5
900Watt Power supply
3TB hard drive SATA 3 (where my movies are)
2TB hard dirve SATA 3 (where my music is)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi brollie ,
Please can you provide some more data? A screenshot of the project - full screen of the Edit Workspace will help a great deal. Information on the files used and the selections you've made.

I'm looking for layout and style, visual information on your selections. I also want to check on what you've selected, including the media source material (where it has come from and what it is).

At this stage it's about gathering information. The only suggestion I have is to look at the transitions or effects you've applied, where in the project, they could cause an issue. Please Produce the project, in case this is just a preview quirk.

Dafydd

Guide information:
Part E & F
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 30. 2012 08:56

brollie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using videos that are 1920x1200, format .avi and are about 3.5gbs each video (recorded using fraps). When putting them in the workspace I split and cut out some of the video. I have most videos with the fade in/fade out effect (still new to PD10) and one part where it decreases speed. The song used is a mp3 about 3.8mb.
[Thumb - pd10.jpg]
 Filename
pd10.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
140 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2012 00:01

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi brollie,
I have experienced something similar. I would have liked to have had a full screen shot of the Edit Workspace, would have helped me.
1. Make sure you've applied the latest patch, http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html
2. Try converting the mp3 to a different format, wav or wma, might help, worth a try.
3. When I experienced this it was as though the audio/video being played was a ghost and not what was displayed in the tracks. The cause for me was that PD's processing had to catch up before I selected play or i selected another clip and then selected play. It was weird at the time. Your issue may not be the same. Fraps' files produce to various frame rates and frame sizes. The avi carrier copes with it all but that doesn't mean the editor can when dealing with a lump of a video. I'm guessing here and really I'm not sure what the cause/solution is.

Dafydd
TomSexton525 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2012 19:21 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also having a problem with my video and audio syncing! I have installed the latest update and my system runs Windows 7 64-bit. I have 8 GBs of ram and more than enough space on my hard drive. I have no problem with editing, nor with the final produce. When I preview the produce, video and audio are still in sync. The problem is when I burn a DVD. I've tried 2 Dual Channels and the Dolby 5.1 options. I've burned the DVD with different DVD Menus and also without a menu. The same problem persists. The video will end up about 2-3 seconds slower than the audio. Tom in Inver Grove Heights
brollie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do appreciate the help and support. I guess I'll keep playing around with it and see what happens. Thanks for everything dafydd!