Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you, unfortunately it didn't help.. I dont really understand whats going because these exact same files didn't previously have this problem. But after all kinds of hardware tweaks im out of ideas
Hi, I'm running powerdirector with the latest patches and have tried various versions of Catalyst ATI drivers to resolve this. Basically, I seem to have more than enough power to render previews playing on the timeline. BUT - as soon as it hits any kind of Cut (same track, different, it doesn't matter) there's a distinct "pause" followed by an attempt to catch up. Even if it's the same exact file?? I didn't have this problem a few weeks ago - I went so far as to buy an ultra fast SSD drive , and still the same? It doesn't make a lot of sense, the problem always seems related to these cut points. Granted my video card (Radeon HD4550) isn't much, but I didnt have these problems on some other projects so Im not what happened.

Thank you for any advice!
Ah thanks! that shortcut key looks very useful.. it would be so much easier if PD could just analyze the waveform and take an educated guess, in most cases I'm recording from the same audio source. Maybe someday..
I've been searching forever for this, I'm trying to sync up several video clips using their audio - a painful process. (I must listen, and move each clip slightly until im reasonable sure all audio is aligned)

However, the only way I can find to really set this - is to zoom in very, very close: move the clip on the timeline by a ms or 2, and zoom out. Why can't I simply right click and set "time start" or something to that effect?

Thanks!
Thanks Tony, it does help and I experienced that problem as well... the other problem (that wouldnt be obvious ) was I needed to put them on seperate tracks to do a fade from black.
Hello, I just can't seem to make cross-fade (Not overlap) work for simple videos (from different files) on the same timeline. For example, if I overlay the transition on top of both vids at the join point here's what happens:

Video 1 fades to dark.. (which is very dark at the last second)
video 2 simple remains black forever until the transition ends , then instantly "cuts"

Why doesn't this properly fade-up the second video?

Next I tried just glueing the fade to the front of video 2, but now the transition "fades-out" a few seconds then cuts back again. Why can't it detect that its at the front of the video and fade in correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks - Tim
Guys thanks a lot, I really appreciate the support offered! I will give all of these options a try!
Thanks everyone this helps a lot, my research also showed some people use "keyframes" (?) to achieve this effect. Can anyone explain what that is? I am familiar with term from video encoding but not editing

Can someone please help me (newbie) - I have a several camera setup that im synching to capture of a piano. With a little bit of trimming, I can get the 2 video cameras synched in PD10. However, some things I don't understand -

What tools in PD allow fast cuts / or transitions? I have both camera tracks aligned but it seems I have to start splicing, etc. I don't understand where is the master control at a given moment how to switch camera view? (I am familiar with TV station controls for example)

I only see 3 video tracks - can I add more? What if I'm juggling 3 or 4 cameras?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks !
I suppose I could contact tech support but really the program could do a better job explaining such things or notifying the problem ("Driver not detected", etc).. im trying to install Windows 7 64 to correct the problem we will see...
I have powerdirector 10, I just purchased.. I can't seem to enable Avivo during h.264 encoding in the publish section.. I have Radeon HD 4550 , and the latest drivers etc. When I try to download the Avivo package from AMD's site, it just keeps trying to install the entire driver set again which does nothing. I don't get it.. seems to work ok without this, but really what's going on here? My card should be plenty new enough for this feature

Thanks all

if I could explain my setup - I need a little advice. I really like what I see from the product info here. What I'm attempting to do and the potential issues:

Record piano playing from 2 or 3 cameras. Audio - rock solid, i'm using a TASCAM interface and pro mics, etc.

1) However, when i'm done I would have multiple angled recordings - does PowerDirector10 support this? In other words I would have 3 vid recordings on the timeline, choosing which I want, when and where (yes I know I could cut them but that sounds time consuming)

2) Does Powerdirector support split views - take several pieces and display them in boxes on the screen (the guitar player, piano, etc) from different takes on the screen at once?

2) Problem - align the .wav audio files and vid recordings.. i understand that some video programs can auto detect the wav freq recordings and align them. (I'm aware of using a hollywood clack /take bar to do this by hand.. )

Thank you !!!
Thank you
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing PowerDirector 10 download - but after looking around in the FAQ, support, etc I can't find direct information surrounding the products of CyberLink. Simply put, can I easily transfer my download purchase if I buy a new laptop in the coming months? I have a desktop and a laptop, can I install on both machines?

Thank you!
Go to: