Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recent slow preview problems during any cut?
timindublin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm running powerdirector with the latest patches and have tried various versions of Catalyst ATI drivers to resolve this. Basically, I seem to have more than enough power to render previews playing on the timeline. BUT - as soon as it hits any kind of Cut (same track, different, it doesn't matter) there's a distinct "pause" followed by an attempt to catch up. Even if it's the same exact file?? I didn't have this problem a few weeks ago - I went so far as to buy an ultra fast SSD drive , and still the same? It doesn't make a lot of sense, the problem always seems related to these cut points. Granted my video card (Radeon HD4550) isn't much, but I didnt have these problems on some other projects so Im not what happened.

Thank you for any advice! NA
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There may not be anything wrong with your computer or Powerdirector.

I have often noticed a fraction of a second pause between cuts. When the video is produced, none of those pauses are in the finished Video.

If those pauses show up in the finished video, then you have a problem that needs to be fixed.
Otherwise it is just a function of the Preview. The preview is not the final output.

One thing that has been suggested is to do the registry hack to change the VideoRenderer from VMR7 to VMR9

Start > Run > Regedit <enter>

For PD10: Change VMR7 to VMR9
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0\VideoRenderer=VMR9
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

timindublin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, unfortunately it didn't help.. I dont really understand whats going because these exact same files didn't previously have this problem. But after all kinds of hardware tweaks im out of ideas
NA