Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fades no longer seem to work correctly?
timindublin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I just can't seem to make cross-fade (Not overlap) work for simple videos (from different files) on the same timeline. For example, if I overlay the transition on top of both vids at the join point here's what happens:

Video 1 fades to dark.. (which is very dark at the last second)
video 2 simple remains black forever until the transition ends , then instantly "cuts"

Why doesn't this properly fade-up the second video?

Next I tried just glueing the fade to the front of video 2, but now the transition "fades-out" a few seconds then cuts back again. Why can't it detect that its at the front of the video and fade in correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks - Tim NA
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tim -

Occasionally, transition glitches occur (e.g. working in reverse). They've been reported before.

Does Cranston's post here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26944.page#146727 help?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
timindublin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, it does help and I experienced that problem as well... the other problem (that wouldnt be obvious ) was I needed to put them on seperate tracks to do a fade from black. NA