Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Avivo Option unusable?
timindublin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have powerdirector 10, I just purchased.. I can't seem to enable Avivo during h.264 encoding in the publish section.. I have Radeon HD 4550 , and the latest drivers etc. When I try to download the Avivo package from AMD's site, it just keeps trying to install the entire driver set again which does nothing. I don't get it.. seems to work ok without this, but really what's going on here? My card should be plenty new enough for this feature

Thanks all

NA
DaMaDo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2012 18:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 5870 and can't get hardware acceleration turned on either.

I installed Avivo HD and I see a checkbox for acceleration for drag and drop conversion in the video encoder section, but that's it.

PowerDirector 10 keeps saying I need to enable hardware encoding.

I uninstalled all AMD software and reinstalled 12.1 drivers plus 12.1 avivo HD again and still the same problem.
timindublin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 11:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I suppose I could contact tech support but really the program could do a better job explaining such things or notifying the problem ("Driver not detected", etc).. im trying to install Windows 7 64 to correct the problem we will see... NA
DrMemory55
Newbie Location: Colorado Joined: Oct 15, 2011 18:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look at this post, there's a reply by Jon that is related to Media Codec version 12-1 being the problem.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21311.page

I installed the Media Codec version 11-12 and it fixed the problem. Win 7 Ultimate 64
Intel i7 920 DX58SO
AMD Radeon HD 6870
DDR3 12GB
PowerDirector Ultra v10
Lightroom 3.6
Photoshop Elements 9
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Please see another thread that answers these issues.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21636.page Win 10, i7